Pictures with new cellphone - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
F1rehawk
 
GTRenegade911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Brockville, Ontario
Posts: 585
Garage
Pictures with new cellphone

Hey guys! Been taking pictures of cars for a little while now but still haven't invested in a solid Camera. I usually use my cellphone and use lights/filters to bring the pictures to life. I had an instagram account with pictures of police cruisers and life experiences (I am a police officer) but people got a bit too personal (started to report incidents) and I had to close it down. I would eventually like to re-open one with pictures of cars only, and specifically my own SRM GT.

I just got a Huawei P10 and boy this phone is solid when it comes to pictures. It is equipped with a 20 megapixel rear camera which does the job quite well. Here are some pictures, I will keep adding more and updating the main thread.

Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (147.2 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (134.9 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (151.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (128.1 KB, 20 views)
ebg8gt likes this.

2009 SRM PONTIAC G8 GT
VCM OTR Cold Air Intake
Kooks Long Tube Headers / HF Cats
Solo Mach Shorty Catback
Continental Extreme Contact DWS6 Tires
Shadow Chrome Camaro SS Wheels
91 Octane Tune @ JLS Tuning Performance

Last edited by GTRenegade911; 05-02-2018 at 06:56 AM.
GTRenegade911 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 08:32 AM
Member
 
Bowlgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Saranac, MI
Posts: 46
Garage
Thumbs up Keep snapping pictures!

First and foremost, thank you for being an Officer. This isn't said enough and with society today full on bashing, I make it a point to say thank you.

Second, nice car man! I've not liked that color on many model cars over the years but on that G8.... it is sexy.

Third, that phone takes awesome pictures. I have an old Raven that I no longer have activated but I keep it around just for taking pictures! And the base line clarity is perfect for editing after I transfer to my PC. Good to know that others love those phones as well.

Keep us posted and let us know when you get a site up. I would be interested in sending some pictures of Holden's I've been collecting since I purchased my PBM.

Take care, and stay safe!

ps. don't pull us over unless you're just wanting to check out our ladies!

"Do or do not, There is no try!"
_____________________________________

2009 G8 GT
2004 Grand Prix GT2
2014 Cruze LT RS
Bowlgod is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 09:22 AM
Senior Member
 
ebg8gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mount Airy, MD
Posts: 548
Very nice! What all did you change in editing?

I'm with you on cellphone pics. I have a lower end Canon DSLR, and yes it takes nice pics, but phones have come so far that I rarely use the Canon anymore. I break it out if there's a specific event I want pics of (usually something where I need the faster shutter), but in most cases my Pixel 2 XL works just fine for me. Also, auto backup to Google makes editing and sharing so simple.

Here's a pic from yesterday. Only edit was the basic "auto" filter on my phone. Feels like cheating!

Let us know when you get that Instagram up and running!

Edit: Yikes, the compression on the uploaded image is disappointing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180423_111348.jpg (155.5 KB, 30 views)

2009 PBM GT
Under the Knife Again
DOD-delete, , Roto-Fab, BLP Ported Intake and Throttle Body, Kooks 1-7/8 long tubes, XForce Varex Catback, ZL1 Converter, Elite E2 Catch Can, HSRK, Camaro Trans Pan/Filter, GXP Brembos, Cold Case Radiator
Breyton GTS-AV Wheels, 6k HIDs, Holden Steering Wheel and Paddle Shifters, Eibach Springs, 35% Tint
Tuned by Day Tuning

ebg8gt is offline  
 
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
F1rehawk
 
GTRenegade911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Brockville, Ontario
Posts: 585
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowlgod View Post
First and foremost, thank you for being an Officer. This isn't said enough and with society today full on bashing, I make it a point to say thank you.

Second, nice car man! I've not liked that color on many model cars over the years but on that G8.... it is sexy.

Third, that phone takes awesome pictures. I have an old Raven that I no longer have activated but I keep it around just for taking pictures! And the base line clarity is perfect for editing after I transfer to my PC. Good to know that others love those phones as well.

Keep us posted and let us know when you get a site up. I would be interested in sending some pictures of Holden's I've been collecting since I purchased my PBM.

Take care, and stay safe!

ps. don't pull us over unless you're just wanting to check out our ladies!
Thank you for your kind words, really means a lot. I believe the mindset seems a bit different in the States as well, they seem to appreciate officers more!

Haha yeah, doesn't get more Sleeper/Granny Car than a burgundy ride, except maybe for beige. They really did a good job on the metallic depth of the color. I also just installed PVD Black Chrome Camaro Wheels so it makes the color pop out even more. Next up, the chrome trim goes!

Never heard of the Raven but it seems all the Huawei lineup has very solid cameras. Asians DO they a lot of pictures after all haha! Awesome phone overall, takes the best features of IPhones and Androids and combines it into a little powerful machine.

I will definitely keep you guys posted. I'll snap some more and set the page up, most probably during one of my night shifts. We should have a sticky thread with social media users (especially Instagram) who would like to share their page and pictures. Never enough love for the G8s and their Aussie sisters out there.

I always have a soft spot for G8 drivers, still haven't pulled one over in almost a year and a half. I actually never pulled over a Pontiac Performance vehicle.

Stay safe as well brother!
Bowlgod likes this.

2009 SRM PONTIAC G8 GT
VCM OTR Cold Air Intake
Kooks Long Tube Headers / HF Cats
Solo Mach Shorty Catback
Continental Extreme Contact DWS6 Tires
Shadow Chrome Camaro SS Wheels
91 Octane Tune @ JLS Tuning Performance
GTRenegade911 is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
F1rehawk
 
GTRenegade911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Brockville, Ontario
Posts: 585
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebg8gt View Post
Very nice! What all did you change in editing?

I'm with you on cellphone pics. I have a lower end Canon DSLR, and yes it takes nice pics, but phones have come so far that I rarely use the Canon anymore. I break it out if there's a specific event I want pics of (usually something where I need the faster shutter), but in most cases my Pixel 2 XL works just fine for me. Also, auto backup to Google makes editing and sharing so simple.

Here's a pic from yesterday. Only edit was the basic "auto" filter on my phone. Feels like cheating!

Let us know when you get that Instagram up and running!

Edit: Yikes, the compression on the uploaded image is disappointing.
Thank you! I basically just cropped the pictures and added the filter "Individuality" for the first one. For the second one I used the "Splash" function which basically brings to life only one selected color (red) while the rest stays black and white.

Cellphone did indeed come a long way. I'm not certain it is worth spending the extra hundreds when it comes to amateur photography. You can also do wonders with filters. I use Google Drive as well, makes life simpler.

Nice image you posted, really like the clean look and the wheels!

2009 SRM PONTIAC G8 GT
VCM OTR Cold Air Intake
Kooks Long Tube Headers / HF Cats
Solo Mach Shorty Catback
Continental Extreme Contact DWS6 Tires
Shadow Chrome Camaro SS Wheels
91 Octane Tune @ JLS Tuning Performance
GTRenegade911 is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 12:06 PM
Site Sponsor
 
JUICED1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: ST. CHARLES, IL
Posts: 387
Garage
Cell phone cameras are no joke. Nice G8 too.

We are your one stop shop for Holden Performance. We have the best deals on all the hottest parts such as Corsa, ARH, Kooks, SW, Roto-Fab Solo Performance and much more with installation and tuning available. When you're ready to order pm/call us for your G8Board discount. Our pricing and service is second to none.
224-63-JUICE (224-635-8423) OR [email protected]

JUICED1 is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 12:13 PM
Senior Member
 
ebg8gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mount Airy, MD
Posts: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRenegade911 View Post
Thank you! I basically just cropped the pictures and added the filter "Individuality" for the first one. For the second one I used the "Splash" function which basically brings to life only one selected color (red) while the rest stays black and white.

Cellphone did indeed come a long way. I'm not certain it is worth spending the extra hundreds when it comes to amateur photography. You can also do wonders with filters. I use Google Drive as well, makes life simpler.

Nice image you posted, really like the clean look and the wheels!
Thanks! That explains why I really like the color in the 2nd photo.

I agree, and I bought the DSLR before phone cameras got really good. Probably 8 years ago. I'm not sure I would buy it again, and if I did I would get one that has an external microphone input. Unfortunately mine does not, and takes away from otherwise nice quality videos. I have a GoPro as well, but it doesn't get used a lot either unless I'm fishing. My favorite thing to do with that is time lapse.

2009 PBM GT
Under the Knife Again
DOD-delete, , Roto-Fab, BLP Ported Intake and Throttle Body, Kooks 1-7/8 long tubes, XForce Varex Catback, ZL1 Converter, Elite E2 Catch Can, HSRK, Camaro Trans Pan/Filter, GXP Brembos, Cold Case Radiator
Breyton GTS-AV Wheels, 6k HIDs, Holden Steering Wheel and Paddle Shifters, Eibach Springs, 35% Tint
Tuned by Day Tuning

ebg8gt is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
F1rehawk
 
GTRenegade911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Brockville, Ontario
Posts: 585
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUICED1 View Post
Cell phone cameras are no joke. Nice G8 too.
Thank you! Hopefully it will keep getting nicer!
GTRenegade911 is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 04:40 PM
every village has one
 
tchr49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: michigan
Posts: 2,071
Sweet pics

things are not as they appear to be.........

2009.5 LiquidRed/OnyxRed, Premium Package
e85 Surprise Package
tchr49 is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 06:52 PM
Senior Member
 
SRM6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Moon Township, PA
Posts: 198
Garage
That late day sun does amazing things to SRM! Great pictures.

2009 G8 GXP #808 of 1829, #30 of 61 in this configuration: SRM, 6MT, Roof

Rotofab CAI, Solo HFC, Borla Catback, Livernois ECM tune, Holley Coil Covers, Heater Hose Relocation, rear Brembos.
SRM6 is offline  
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 07:55 PM
Senior Member
 
StBlGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Olyphant, PA
Posts: 1,336
Garage
Nice pics! Looking forward to seeing some more!

Current: 2009.5 SBM G8 GT, Premium Package, Sunroof, Pat G. ECM/TCM Tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI, LS7/LS3 MAF, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, SOLO HFC's, SOLO Mach-Shorty Balanced Catback, SOLO 3.5" Tips, 19" Sport Package Wheels, GXP Steering Wheel, GXP Diffuser, Neondials, VG Sharkfin II, Debadged (Except Arrowheads), Hood-Vent Mod, Lower Grille Mod

Next: RCR Modified Intake Manifold, RCR Ported TB, Powerbond UDP, Suspension Upgrades

StBlGT is offline  
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 09:33 PM
Senior Member
 
L_Alvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: KY
Posts: 269
Garage
Sweet photos! I'm no photographer but I always enjoy setting up a nice picture if the opportunity presents itself. Phone cameras are so good now that there isn't really a reason not to.


BTR Stage 2 Kooks LTs SLP Powerflo 3.27 Rear
6/4-pot Brembos Tein/PPV BMR Bars/Arms TSW Nurburgrings
L_Alvis is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 09:46 PM
Senior Member
 
BAS G8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,882
I brought a Sony SLR of some kind.
Do you think I remember to take it anywhere....and the few times I do remember it the batteries are dead or last a dozen shots.
Haven't really dove into how good a cell phone camera can be, besides, I'm still at war with technology.
I will live vicariously through Renegades pics
Bowlgod likes this.
BAS G8 is online now  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 03:15 AM
Senior Member
 
PONY MAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: EARTH :-/
Posts: 4,282
Good picture taking, photo editing quality and image clarity. Indeed cellular phone cameras have come a mighty long way over the years.

#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE

"Rather not run the risk of offending anyone, so let me just go ahead and offend someone". -PONY MAN

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN














PONY MAN is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
F1rehawk
 
GTRenegade911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Brockville, Ontario
Posts: 585
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUICED1 View Post
Cell phone cameras are no joke. Nice G8 too.
Still remember the pixel pictures on my initial flip phone. They did come a long way indeed. Wish I still had it to make a side by side comparison. Thanks!

2009 SRM PONTIAC G8 GT
VCM OTR Cold Air Intake
Kooks Long Tube Headers / HF Cats
Solo Mach Shorty Catback
Continental Extreme Contact DWS6 Tires
Shadow Chrome Camaro SS Wheels
91 Octane Tune @ JLS Tuning Performance
GTRenegade911 is offline  
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
F1rehawk
 
GTRenegade911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Brockville, Ontario
Posts: 585
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRM6 View Post
That late day sun does amazing things to SRM! Great pictures.
It seems like it's a whole different car with the late sun, those metallic flakes really come up to life!

2009 SRM PONTIAC G8 GT
VCM OTR Cold Air Intake
Kooks Long Tube Headers / HF Cats
Solo Mach Shorty Catback
Continental Extreme Contact DWS6 Tires
Shadow Chrome Camaro SS Wheels
91 Octane Tune @ JLS Tuning Performance
GTRenegade911 is offline  
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
F1rehawk
 
GTRenegade911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Brockville, Ontario
Posts: 585
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAS G8 View Post
I brought a Sony SLR of some kind.
Do you think I remember to take it anywhere....and the few times I do remember it the batteries are dead or last a dozen shots.
Haven't really dove into how good a cell phone camera can be, besides, I'm still at war with technology.
I will live vicariously through Renegades pics
And I shall bring my "super" phone to the meet in June, will take plenty of pictures

2009 SRM PONTIAC G8 GT
VCM OTR Cold Air Intake
Kooks Long Tube Headers / HF Cats
Solo Mach Shorty Catback
Continental Extreme Contact DWS6 Tires
Shadow Chrome Camaro SS Wheels
91 Octane Tune @ JLS Tuning Performance
GTRenegade911 is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
F1rehawk
 
GTRenegade911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Brockville, Ontario
Posts: 585
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PONY MAN View Post
Good picture taking, photo editing quality and image clarity. Indeed cellular phone cameras have come a mighty long way over the years.
Haha yeah I just get those random moments of clarity/inspiration in which I know I have to snap a picture at that said location. I saw the red line on the motel and it made me think of Stranger Things...wanted to do something retro. Turned out pretty good!

2009 SRM PONTIAC G8 GT
VCM OTR Cold Air Intake
Kooks Long Tube Headers / HF Cats
Solo Mach Shorty Catback
Continental Extreme Contact DWS6 Tires
Shadow Chrome Camaro SS Wheels
91 Octane Tune @ JLS Tuning Performance
GTRenegade911 is offline  
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 01:54 AM
Senior Member
 
PONY MAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: EARTH :-/
Posts: 4,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRenegade911 View Post
Still remember the pixel pictures on my initial flip phone. They did come a long way indeed...
Am the extremely proud owner of two cameraless flip-phones. They serve their purpose very well so a damaged phone and/or screen is one less thing to worry about on a regular basis. Most touchscreen phones don't take well to being dropped on the concrete nor being rolled over on while inside a pocket. Don't ask how I know.
Bowlgod likes this.

#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE

"Rather not run the risk of offending anyone, so let me just go ahead and offend someone". -PONY MAN

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN














PONY MAN is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
F1rehawk
 
GTRenegade911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Brockville, Ontario
Posts: 585
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PONY MAN View Post
Am the extremely proud owner of two cameraless flip-phones. They serve their purpose very well so a damaged phone and/or screen is one less thing to worry about on a regular basis. Most touchscreen phones don't take well to being dropped on the concrete nor being rolled over on while inside a pocket. Don't ask how I know.
I would be guessing Sony Ericsson or Motorola RAZR? Those were some reliable dinosaurs. I had one that lasted over 10 years without any single issue. Then the battery died and I did not bother. Always wanted to go back to flip, I'm an old school that way, but texting is a pain in the butt.

2009 SRM PONTIAC G8 GT
VCM OTR Cold Air Intake
Kooks Long Tube Headers / HF Cats
Solo Mach Shorty Catback
Continental Extreme Contact DWS6 Tires
Shadow Chrome Camaro SS Wheels
91 Octane Tune @ JLS Tuning Performance
GTRenegade911 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome