Hi I'm new here my name is George, I'm considering buying a g8 gt. But have some complaints about the car. And some questions with some observations.
1. Hood scoops, I hate them. (Anyone know what can be done about them?)
2. Does the vms tune and intake really make a big difference? (For those that have done these mods please tell me more, including info on shifting)
3. The 19 inch stock wheels look great. (what are your thoughts?)
4. By the way I know of a shop that will port and polish the heads put a bigger cam and dyno tune the car for 2600 bucks. (good deal?)
5. Also if I drive responsibly can I get good mpg on the highway?
1. Well you can't see them from the drivers seat, and trust me that's where you'll be spending most of your time. I don't mind them and have received a lot of compliments. Anything can be welded and filled, but damn that's a lot of work to hide some scoops.
2. VMS does a good tune, and if it's anything like some of the tuners I have used, you will most certainly feel a seat of the pants difference. I will be going with their tune once my checking account recovers from the first round of mods.
3. They do look good - however I'm replacing them to change the look of the car. For OEM wheels, they are not bad at all IMO.
4. If you want to retain AFM, you may not want to do that. If you don't care about that, then go for it. Price is very dependent on the parts, and hours of labor quoted, and the quality of work. A tune, intake, and exhaust can take you quite a ways in terms of performance without losing some of the feature set of the vehicle.
5. Yes, but #4 is sort of contrary to that.