G8 not in New Need for speed Undercover ? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

G8 not in New Need for speed Undercover ?

Can someone tell me why does Pontiac s not make the list in the NFS series.

That Pisses me off. In all the NFS games I brought I never could drive the car I owned in the game.

I was convinced it was going to make it the SRT8 made it..BTW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 08:53 AM
US Ute whore

One of the things about the NFS games is usually the newest models make it in or those with a cult following. I got lucky that the 2005 GTO made it in (along with the '04 & '06--all in separate versions). The G8 has less of a cult following & no stupid fast, high-hp models. I don't think the GXP could make it into a NFS game. I could list some odd cars (odd as in, "How did that get in here?" ), but I'll spare everyone. If you want a G8 on your big screen, get Wheelman. It's a video game set to release along with a movie of the same name. Both star Vin Diesel.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 09:10 AM

I wonder if it will still have the " Atari " gauges in the game?

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasNate View Post
I wonder if it will still have the " Atari " gauges in the game?

Funny.

I love those Need For Speed games. I just have an old school X-box, not even a 360.

I really liked to play Super Techmo Bowl on the old school Nintendos.

2009 White Hot G8 GT (stock)

* SOLD * 222/230 .597/.600 114+4 EPS Cam, Patrick G ECM/TCM Tune, Roto-Fab CAI, HSRK, Yank 3200 Torque Converter,
Transmission Cooler, Kooks 1 3/4" LT Headers, high flow cats, stock mufflers, Billet Prototypes Catch Can, UD Pulley,
Ported Intake Manifold, Spohn Trailing Arms

407 RWHP & 365 RWTQ

Best Time: 12.517 @ 115.02mph w/ 1.97 60' time - (on stock 18" AS Tires)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 04:59 PM
<><>Morgen<><>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
Funny.

I love those Need For Speed games. I just have an old school X-box, not even a 360.

I really liked to play Super Techmo Bowl on the old school Nintendos.

Was that the football game where the ambulance runs over the players? If it was that game was cool.

RIP PONTIAC G8
We were part of the 1st National G8 Meet! (G16)
2008 Pontiac G8 GT (Superchips Cortex, K&N drop-in filter, Corsa catback exhaust)

“In terms of the emotion of it I guess it would be pretty hard to deny the fact that we’re disappointed. The G8 program was a ripper. It was a great car, it was exceptionally well received and it got some fantastic reviews in the States." Mr Whiffin
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Stryker

NFS games have been crap after they went all tuner and nitrous boost on our ass

the last good NFS game i played was Hot Pursuit on the PC and that was like 1999

Forza and Gran Turismo are the only racing games i will touch

BTW i was pissed that Forza 2 did not have the Commodore or Falcon in their game but i hear it will be in Forza 3 and GT5

2003 F-150 Supercrew Lariat/FX4 5.4L 2v......Sold
2009 G8 GT: Stryker Blue, Premium Package
Modifications: Vararam Ram Air Intake, VMS PowerFlash, PM-FL no muffler axle-backs & ARH 1 7/8ths header system with cats
Deciding: Cam in a year?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 09:51 PM
US Ute whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commodore View Post
the last good NFS game i played was Hot Pursuit on the PC and that was like 1999.
I've liked most of the NFS games. The tuner/import only flavored Underground was a little disappointing. Last year's Pro Street was the worst version that I've played before. I just started replaying NFS High Stakes (a leftover from PS1 days). Did anyone forget that the Firebird is in that game?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 02:32 PM

I'm glad the G8's not associated with a game like NFS. It's a good game, but just not the type of game a car like the G8 should be in.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 03:22 PM
HLDN ON

Quote:
the last good NFS game i played was Hot Pursuit on the PC and that was like 1999

Forza and Gran Turismo are the only racing games i will touch

BTW i was pissed that Forza 2 did not have the Commodore or Falcon in their game but i hear it will be in Forza 3 and GT5
Last NFS I enjoyed was Hot Pursuit. LOL been a long time.

No Commodore in GT5. But there is a Vauxhall and a GTO in Forza 2. I believe GTO in GT5, too. It has been a while since I played GT5...I'll check this weekend. I am a Forza 2 junkie. Just as cool as the Gran Turismo collection...only you can actually wreck your car!

08 G8 GT #150/888 MGM, Magnaflow Catback, Pedders Track II, Firehawk Wheels, 1st Gen CTSV Front Calipers and Rotors
12 Yukon Denali
98 2wd Two Door Tahoe - 3/5 drop 20" Coys C57s, SSBC Front brake kit, LS-swap in progress
70 C10 SWB - Cammed LT1, 18" Boss 338's, Bagged, Original Rust
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Stryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashed View Post
Last NFS I enjoyed was Hot Pursuit. LOL been a long time.

No Commodore in GT5. But there is a Vauxhall and a GTO in Forza 2. I believe GTO in GT5, too. It has been a while since I played GT5...I'll check this weekend. I am a Forza 2 junkie. Just as cool as the Gran Turismo collection...only you can actually wreck your car!
I'm not talking about the prologue. I have both the Prologue and Forza 2, GT5p is absolutely beautiful, but Forza 2 is more engaging with everything you can do to your car. Tuning your car is very rewarding if your really into the game.

I heard the full GT5 will have the Aussie boys and I heard that Forza 3(which is currently in development) is going to have somthing like 400 F'ing cars and 100 tracks on a 2 disc game, so it should have the Aussie boys too. LOL I'm expecting less so my hopes don't get destroyed but both games are to be released around the same time so I'm going to be very happy with both my PS3 and 360 when they ship. I just want to have my car in a legitimate racing game, not an arcade racer.

BTW Hot Pursuit was what got me into racing games....I still have it, might load it on my new laptop.

I don't believe the GTO is in GT5p, I'll check.

2003 F-150 Supercrew Lariat/FX4 5.4L 2v......Sold
2009 G8 GT: Stryker Blue, Premium Package
Modifications: Vararam Ram Air Intake, VMS PowerFlash, PM-FL no muffler axle-backs & ARH 1 7/8ths header system with cats
Deciding: Cam in a year?

Last edited by The Commodore; 11-28-2008 at 05:39 PM.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 07:07 PM

I'd love it for the G8 to be in NFS, Forza3, and GT5. I wouldn't be surprised if it made it into NFS as an add-on pack or something.

I hope that all the Aussie cars make it to GT5. And hopefully Forza3.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 09:52 AM
US Ute whore

Quote:
I'm expecting less so my hopes don't get destroyed but both games are to be released around the same time so I'm going to be very happy with both my PS3 and 360 when they ship.
And when might the full version of GT5 be released? I hope they get back to the basics that brought me in. I don't mind customizing, but license tests, & extra crap that you have to go through to get to some certain races turned me off of GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MABg8ter View Post
I'd love it for the G8 to be in NFS, Forza3, and GT5. I wouldn't be surprised if it made it into NFS as an add-on pack or something.

I hope that all the Aussie cars make it to GT5. And hopefully Forza3.
From what I've seen, EA only releases downloadable cars that can be unlocked in the game. If they offer additional cars that aren't on the disc, it's usually some cult drift type car or some flashy exotic car. I don't see why the Aussie cars won't be in GT5. Several of my favorite GT4 cars were from Holden & FPV. "Ford" in Australia only technically had a Supercar V8 model from 2000.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 10:30 PM

Funny you brought this up, On the Xbox 360 need for speed Prostreet the pontiac GTO and
vette and every now and then the nissan gtr are the cars only i used.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 05:47 PM

No one mentioned GRiD. Grid is the most realistic racing game ever, on a fast PC. With a force feedback wheel it is as close as you can get to driving the real thing. The physics and damage models are perfect.

Compare for yourself
GRID vs Gran Turismo 5

'08 G8 GT Liquid Red
"Don't tell me what it will do... Show me"
0 - 60 4.47
60' - 2.116
1/8 - 9.02 @ 79.96
1/4 - 13.883 @ 103.12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page