Deal? 2009.5 GT SRM w/ 77k $16k - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Deal? 2009.5 GT SRM w/ 77k $16k

Me again. Finally back to looking at G8s.

Found a white hot for $18.8k w/ 58k, but someone threw down a deposit immediately before I could even see it at the dealership.

But found this one now http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...2259/overview/

Waiting on Carfax, but I plan on seeing the car soon. It's been on the lot for awhile, probably because they list it as burgundy, so I'm sure they can be talked down some more.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Complaints?

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am, M6, Black - Hooker LT's, Magnaflow Quad-tip exhaust, SLP CAI, full suspension, clutch. SOLD

2005 Pontiac GTO, M6, CGM - CSP ported intake/TB, Flowmaster exhaust, Pedders Street I, EE catch can, Monster clutch, LSS, Vararam, DBA/Hawk
SOLD

2008 Honda Accord LX-P, M5 Polished Metal Metallic - Stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 04:49 PM

Seems like a pretty good price, but I am sure they could bring it to 15,000.00 even. As long as it has not been beat on & everything seems okay with it. Listen for lifter tick & look at the suspension. Even with car fax not everything is reported.

K&N CAI, Pypes headers, Solo HFC's,Solo axle backs, Custom tune, FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.Little lunati cam,SLP 25 %UDP, AC tensioner upgrade.15% tint.12" sub woofer with amp.Future upgrade Power slot rotors & posi quiet pads.

V6 Spectre CAI, Original Overkill tune,FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, BMR Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.12" sub woofer with amp.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2015, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithm89 View Post
Me again. Finally back to looking at G8s.

Found a white hot for $18.8k w/ 58k, but someone threw down a deposit immediately before I could even see it at the dealership.

But found this one now http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...2259/overview/

Waiting on Carfax, but I plan on seeing the car soon. It's been on the lot for awhile, probably because they list it as burgundy, so I'm sure they can be talked down some more.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Complaints?
Following up on this.

K&N CAI, Pypes headers, Solo HFC's,Solo axle backs, Custom tune, FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.Little lunati cam,SLP 25 %UDP, AC tensioner upgrade.15% tint.12" sub woofer with amp.Future upgrade Power slot rotors & posi quiet pads.

V6 Spectre CAI, Original Overkill tune,FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, BMR Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.12" sub woofer with amp.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2015, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

It's already been sold, they just never took the ad down.

Found a 09 for $16.9k, but has 109k, a crooked Holden emblem, and apparently CAI, headers, and catback.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ctd/4941651412.html

There's the aforementioned Liquid Red for $16.9k. Honestly wouldn't pay more than $10k.

Also found a SBM not too far from me w/ 80k for $19.5, but doesn't come with the premium package and honestly wouldn't pay over $16k. I honestly want that one just because it's SBM.

But heated seats would be nice, too...

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am, M6, Black - Hooker LT's, Magnaflow Quad-tip exhaust, SLP CAI, full suspension, clutch. SOLD

2005 Pontiac GTO, M6, CGM - CSP ported intake/TB, Flowmaster exhaust, Pedders Street I, EE catch can, Monster clutch, LSS, Vararam, DBA/Hawk
SOLD

2008 Honda Accord LX-P, M5 Polished Metal Metallic - Stock
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 09:48 AM

Widen your search... Consider flying out and driving home. Figure even 300 miles is only a few hours for you and someone to drive out and drive home in a day.

-Bob
2009 MSM G8 GT - Christine

Go:MJD Performance Tune, Kook's LTs 1 7/8", Chrome TVS2300, Little Lunati cam, etc, etc, etc...

Warm start/idle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCwZxC-2_1o

620 - RWHP
563 - RWTQ
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 03:59 PM

Or come to Disney World and drive mine home
As to price, learned long ago you get what you pay for.......better to pay a little more for a nice one. Saves $ in the long run.

08 LR GT, 67 Yenko Stinger (clone)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob the Noob View Post
Widen your search... Consider flying out and driving home. Figure even 300 miles is only a few hours for you and someone to drive out and drive home in a day.
I drove to Toronto to Windsor it was only 220 miles away bit it saved me at least 3000 to 4000 dollars.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2015, 05:29 PM

These cars go fast. There was one in Paulding, Ohio (middle of nowhere) and it was gone in 5 days.

I got mine at a Cadillace dealership (wasnt advertising it) except on their website. Found a clean 09' GT with 96k for a good price. Dealer changed belts, tie rod end, alignment, fluids.

Car drove real nice and tight.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2015, 06:40 PM

I am a huge proponent of spending more to get more. Plus I don't want any g8 to sell cheap. It devalues mine. Lol

Really the adage is true. Cheap reliable fast. Pick any two and you won't get the 3rd.

Ron
"As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time" ~ Cake
2009 G8 GT - LSA > TT SOLD

March G8 Of the Month! Thanks so much guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page