New "Used" 2009 G8 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

New "Used" 2009 G8

My previous G8 was totaled in a rear end/front end accident back on Oct 8...wife and I are OK. G8 not so lucky. Anyways, insurance is giving me about $17k for replacement of which about $10k goes to paying off the previous lien.

Found another G8 V6 with 42k miles on it in the Sport Red color (previous was black), dealer is asking $15900...Edmunds pegs dealer retail at 15,560 while KBB has median price of 17,055, low end 15,300.

Going to see if I can get it at $14,800 but don't want to go higher than $15k...we'll see how this pans out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 02:39 PM

Why not gt?

G8GT 610RWHP LS9 CAM LSA BLOWER 13 PSI
G8GT 520RWHP LS9 CAM LSA BLOWER 9 PSI SNOW MODE
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUC1F3R View Post
Why not gt?
GTs around here have more miles than I wish to purchase. My old G8 V6 had 65k on it and I don't want to purchase anything with higher mileage. No others locally and I don't want to deal with going out-of-state and the hassles and time associated with that.

But yeah, I thought about it! I'd be dead or arrested in a week if I did!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 04:01 PM

lol. they pop up from time to time. i got mine 3 years ago and searched for 6 months. Recently one popped up at keyser cadillac for $26k with only 19k miles...sold in a week. There is a guy locally selling a twin turbo gt for only $19k if you wanna get crazy, 90k miles.
oh btw, im also in buffalo

G8GT 610RWHP LS9 CAM LSA BLOWER 13 PSI
G8GT 520RWHP LS9 CAM LSA BLOWER 9 PSI SNOW MODE
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 05:36 PM

I know you do not want to go out of state but this is fairly cheap. This has just over 50,000 miles for 13,500 Canadian 10,370 US

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/c...ationFlag=true

K&N CAI, Pypes headers, Solo HFC's,Solo axle backs, Custom tune, FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.Little lunati cam,SLP 25 %UDP, AC tensioner upgrade.15% tint.12" sub woofer with amp.Future upgrade Power slot rotors & posi quiet pads.

V6 Spectre CAI, Original Overkill tune,FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, BMR Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.12" sub woofer with amp.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input and encouragement

Thanks guys for the comments but I took a test drive in the V6 tonight and it just felt like my old V6 (duh!) You just know it's the right one...everything was tight and clean. The dealer is replacing the radio/HVAC and a couple of minor things that I noticed but I am going to go with this one. Sport metallic red, black leather interior.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdycrzr View Post
Thanks guys for the comments but I took a test drive in the V6 tonight and it just felt like my old V6 (duh!) You just know it's the right one...everything was tight and clean. The dealer is replacing the radio/HVAC and a couple of minor things that I noticed but I am going to go with this one. Sport metallic red, black leather interior.
If you want it. Then you got to get it! These cars sell like hot cakes.. One minute they are there and the other they are gone, especially if they are in decent enough condition and priced to sell. Sounds like you made off pretty well, especially considering the mileage and if you were able to talk down that price a bit. Happy Memories =)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 01:42 AM

I know V6 are pretty cheap now when I was looking in 2011 they were still pretty expensive. GT's were 3 or 4 grand more then.

K&N CAI, Pypes headers, Solo HFC's,Solo axle backs, Custom tune, FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.Little lunati cam,SLP 25 %UDP, AC tensioner upgrade.15% tint.12" sub woofer with amp.Future upgrade Power slot rotors & posi quiet pads.

V6 Spectre CAI, Original Overkill tune,FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, BMR Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.12" sub woofer with amp.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 10:04 AM

Craigslist is the gold mine for good car deals.

I found my 48k mile GT on there for 17k and it came with good bolt on mods too. I had to look hard to find it though. Most with that mileage were asking over 20k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page