G8 GT in spring - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

G8 GT in spring

Pretty new to buying a car myself, will be my first. I want a G8 GT in the spring and wondering how much they will depreciate by then.

Looking for a G8 gt with at least the heated leather(I think thats the premium package). And preferably under 20K miles. Seems like that is around $25k private party, or like $27k from a dealer right now, based on autotrader and on here over the past few months.

I am guessing not many people will be selling through the winter, but in the spring how much less can i expect them to go for? I would buy now, but really no need to. Not as much fun in the winter(well maybe donuts in the snow) and I don't feel like buying winter tires right away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Knemo-schwine-aie-he-how

If anything, I expect the prices to rise. GT's were going for 2-3k less than they are now during spring of 2009 when GM had all those incentives going on.

You should be able to find one for roughly 26k in the spring. I'm going to be doing the exact same thing you will, though hopefully I'm going to get an early start (march-april, just after all the snow melts).
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 03:22 PM
Yep, that just happened..

Why wait? Pull the trigger!! LOL JK Good luck with it!

2008 Liquid Red G8, Thunder Racing Custom Camshaft
219/230, 607/610, 114 LSA, DOD Delete
Kooks LTH, kooks catted x-pipe, kooks axle back, Roto-fab CAI and 25% udp, DMH electric exhaust cutouts, little shot(alright, maybe not so little) of happy juice courtesy of HSW and tune by Tony G at HP Performance. Oh yeah, and 08 Super Bee as well!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010, 08:00 AM

I would expect prices will probably go up also. Its a summer car. There will be more demand come spring.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 02:09 PM

I plan to buy a gxp m6 red/black interior, not picky on the color and I'm willing to travel anywhere but I looking in June... So if anyone is interested in selling at that time or knows someone who is selling let me know..

Thank you
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 07:31 PM

I'm in NJ and got my Panther Black GgGT premium pkg with 14K miles at an even 26k from Trend Motors 5/2010 .... a VW dealer. I want a Camaro SS but the best I can do with that is still north of 30k.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 07:50 PM

Yeah, I was in the same boat, I figured that they would go up. So, I found the one that I wanted, haggled a bit and drove it home. I would try and buy it around mid-March and I would say you would still get "winter pricing".

2009 PSM G8 GT: Premium and Sport Packages
6K HID's, VG Sharkfin, Solo Axle back w 3.5" tips, GXP Diffuser, Polished Camaro 20's, 245/275 Hankook Ventus V12's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page