Did I get a good deal??? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Did I get a good deal???

I had my 2009 G8 GT totaled out on 1/19/11 and I'm getting some good cash from the insurance company. So I have decided to upgraded to the amazing GXP model. I just came to an agreement with a dealership in PA for a 2009 G8 GXP. I just put a deposit on it to hold it until I get the insurance check. I'm buying it for $32,600 out the door with everything included. It is white and it has 33,000 mils on it. What do you guys think? Did I do good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 08:13 PM

well, i just picked one up for $28k with 28,xxx miles. m6. now, if you decide to come back to gt land, i got one with 23,xxx miles for $23k. but congrats and i know youll love it
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 08:18 PM

you posted that question to the wrong place. I dont care if you traded a pack of bubble gum for the car someone on here will say you got ripped off.

Point being, if you think it was a good deal its a good deal.

Btw, I think it was a fair price. I'm looking to do the same thing you did minus the accident. I just need to pay on my GT some more so I can do it. A little over the top now.

2008 G8 GT GMG (2 tone Red/Black interior) 50,XXX miles
Stock: 13.75 @ 102 mph
Cortex 93: 13.36 @ 106 mph
DMH E Cutouts: 13.24 @ 107 mph
Pacesetter LT, SLP UDP, Vara Int: 12.87 @111 (Need a tune, cortex doesn't cut it anymore)
Dyno Tune (TBD): ??.?? @???

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/m/a5510/

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 08:27 PM

Id say so especially with TTL and dealership costs involved
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Northeast G8 Owners Club

Sounds like a fair deal to me! Not a steal or anything but fair! On the other hand I don't think you got ripped off! Hmmm now how do I get my car totaled without me driving it so I can upgrade like you did? Lol Just kidding!

2008 MGM G8 GT
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 09:07 PM

Was it at Bergeys?
I looked at it today. There are a few minor issues I hope they shared.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 09:17 PM

I picked up a blk. GXP A6 Red/Onyx interior w/5800 miles for $34,000 2 weeks ago this coming Friday.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Northeast G8 Owners Club

That's not a bad deal! It only had 5800 on it! Nice.....

2008 MGM G8 GT
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 09:35 PM

Yep. Had it shipped from a dealer in Wisconsin to me in Florida. My 13 yr old daughter and I just installed the Roto-Fab CAI about an hour ago and I am awaiting the tune info. from Steve at VMS. Shark fin going on tomorrow and HID's and LED's next week.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtrumbore View Post
Was it at Bergeys?
I looked at it today. There are a few minor issues I hope they shared.
Whoa are ypu kidding? They haven't share anything. Please share all the things that are a problem or maybe a pose a problem in the future.thanks
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terp4life View Post
well, i just picked one up for $28k with 28,xxx miles. m6. now, if you decide to come back to gt land, i got one with 23,xxx miles for $23k. but congrats and i know youll love it
Yeah I could have picked a better place to put this in. You got a great deal I roufly paid $29,000 plus taxes and tags. The suggested retail value is$ 36,000. 8 think 8 got a good deal with this one but with my brand new 2009 G8 GT I got it ffor$26,000 plus taxes and tags which I though was an amazing deal.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXP4RO View Post
Sounds like a fair deal to me! Not a steal or anything but fair! On the other hand I don't think you got ripped off! Hmmm now how do I get my car totaled without me driving it so I can upgrade like you did? Lol Just kidding!
I know huh. I lucked out kind of. I live in connecticut and we got record snow this year and with that we had monstrous snow banks so this broad in a 330 BMW pulled way to far out into the intersection and I clipped her really bad and then went on to smash up a guard rail really bad too. So it wasn't my fault. This broad with a 2008 330 BMW had the state minimum for auto insurance coverage. Wtf!!!! so I ended up going to my insurance because of the limits issue. She's not very smart having a a $40,000 car with only $20,000 in coverage per car per accident. People these days just aren't smart so she's going to pay out of her pocket.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 05:34 AM

Sorry, didn't mean to scare you that there is anything serious. I didn't drive it or even open the doors, just looked over the outside real good. A salesman was on the phone looking at me out the window, but never came out. Maybe he was on the phone with you?

Windows are tinted, kind of dark for PA. Some here have problems that dark so it may be from out of state.

It is totally de-badged. There are GXP badges in the cup holder, but I couldn't see any others.

Marker lights and signals are tinted, clear lenses.

There is one really bad ding in a wheel. Not curbed, just one small spot but pretty deep.

I think they are original Potenza tires. Maybe 1/4 life left on them.

The outside was dirty with salt from sitting close to the road. I would get them to wash it good and look again. Underside was very clean.

I am only a couple of miles from the lot if you would like me to look at anything closer for you.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 05:43 AM

smtty .. didn't realize this happened to you. That sucks good thing you were alright.
IMO you didn't do too bad on the GXP.

Have jd take a look at it for you one more time before you sign the final papers IMO.

Where did you get in the accident? locally ..HWY

2009 White Hot G8 GT Onyx/Red Interior Sport/Prem no roof
Intake: Volant CAI Exhaust: Borla Cat back Tune: SC Tint: 20% around
Other: Black Hood Scoops w/ Mod
/ GXP Fascia /GXP Diffuser 1 blk 1 white/ Roto Fab rad cover/ Stagrd 20" Polished Camaro SS wheels /Crystal Clear markers/ Shark fin/ Infinity 6032si/

"Never mind that S*** ...Here comes Mongo!"
"Blazing Saddles"

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongosG8 View Post
smtty .. didn't realize this happened to you. That sucks good thing you were alright.
IMO you didn't do too bad on the GXP.

Have jd take a look at it for you one more time before you sign the final papers IMO.

Where did you get in the accident? locally ..HWY
The accident was a 1000 ft from my suburban home, on a not so busy street. Some girl just pulled way to far out of a side street and I nailed her with my passenger side and then went on to hit a guard rail on the drivers side. The killer was that I have camaro brembos just powder coated and ready be be put on. Also I have a set of 20" camaro wheels that I never got install and the real kicker was that I had kooks 1 7/8" LT headers and kooks 3" catted x-pipe delivered that day of the accident. All this I'm saving to put on my GXP. Not sure if I'm going to keep the GXP stock wheels or go with the camaro wheels. I know I can get real good money for the set of stock GXP wheels. Does anyone know what I can get for them if there in mint condition?
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 10:19 AM

They are not quite in mint condition, but i may be interested. When are you buying it?

Sorry, I am not trying to put down the car you bought. It is really a great looking car and I agree with others that you got a good deal. I only have a few thousand miles on tires with sport wheels. Maybe we can work something out to swap when you pick up the car.

Would it be crossing the line to put GXP wheels on my GT? I already have the GXP front bumper.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOOSP View Post
I picked up a blk. GXP A6 Red/Onyx interior w/5800 miles for $34,000 2 weeks ago this coming Friday.
This is a awesome deal. I don't really like the red and black interior. But for that price and mileage I still this I would have bought that car.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smtty025 View Post
This is a awesome deal. I don't really like the red and black interior. But for that price and mileage I still this I would have bought that car.
That is the primary reason why I chose the one I bought. Didnt really like the white exterior, but the price and red/black interior did it for me. the all black seems to wash out to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page