GXP for $18,700 ???? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

GXP for $18,700 ????

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/pon...c&distance=any

Someone in TN better check this out quick! Must be a joke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 08:17 AM
jab

I sent an email for more info...maybe a trip to Memphis soon ?
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 08:41 AM

I have some very serious doubts. IMHO, it looks akin to a Craigslist scam. Sounds too good to be true!!!

#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE

"Rather not run the risk of offending anyone, so let me just go ahead and offend someone". -PONY MAN

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 09:52 AM

1 picture, no phone number, $12k under lowest book value. isn't that the same picture from the gxp that was listed for sale for $20k last month. that's a real listing for sure, if you believe that i have an ocean front property in Colorado for sale as well

2009.1 SBM/Onyx GT Premium/no sport/no roof, Kooks LTH, catted mids, Dynomax axlebacks, custom cam, Precision triple disk 2800, camaro deep trans pan kit, Cadillac STS/CTS 7-spoke rim, Speedhut Can Bus gauges, series II IQ NAV, Fore fuel system, built trans, BMR goodies. D1 Procharger, forged OE block. So much more stuff I could probably live in a mansion if i didn't own this car!
Bought it here:
https://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46541
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 09:58 AM
Its Good To Be Tha King

DEAL!

Too good to be true tho.

Trigger - Fully Loaded 2008 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/
Adams/OBX/Nitto
PRAISE THE LOWERED

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 01:10 PM

Same issue that happened a couple weeks ago. I believe it is the "same" car listed on cars.com. I saw that yesterday as well.

1 obvious scam is actually pretty good. Search for used Nissan GT-Rs on cars.com. There are about a dozed that can be had for less than $25k and less than 15K miles!!

Last edited by Slade92; 11-17-2011 at 01:25 PM.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Features

Options Included: Cassette Radio, CD Player, Tow Package, Power Seats, Memory Seats, Bucket Seats, Tinted Glass, Rear Window Wiper, Remote Keyless Entry, Anti-Lock Brakes, Airbag: Driver, Airbag: Passenger, Power Windows, Leather Interior, A/C: Rear, Sunroof/Moonroof, Rear Window Defroster, Alarm, A/C: Front, Airbag: Side, Alloy Wheels, CD Changer, Third Row Seats, Navigation System, TV/VCR, Premium Sound
o_0

The Six Litre Alarm Clock
Spring GT!
SOLO Cat-back; Roto-fab CAI; Cortex Tune
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Its Good To Be Tha King

Cassette Radio, Third Row Seats, Navigation System, and TV/VCR?
Must have been customized lol

Trigger - Fully Loaded 2008 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/
Adams/OBX/Nitto
PRAISE THE LOWERED

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade92 View Post
Same issue that happened a couple weeks ago. I believe it is the "same" car listed on cars.com. I saw that yesterday as well.

1 obvious scam is actually pretty good. Search for used Nissan GT-Rs on cars.com. There are about a dozed that can be had for less than $25k and less than 15K miles!!
I'm thinking of selling my G8 for this! Thoughts?

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 02:18 PM

I live in Memphis and Don't waste your time on this. This is my second time seeing this GXP on here. I inquiredAbout a month ago they had it listed at $20k and the car is not even in Memphis. It's supposedly in Omaha. It was on cars.com listed from a seller named "Cathy" but I got an email from "Amber". Here is the email response I got from the seller:

First please let me explain you how we can make get this sale done in order to decide if you want to proceed. I got a new job and moved to Omaha Nebraska. I'm very caught up with my work, that's why I gave it to a shipping company that will ship it to the next buyer (on my cost).
I am using PayPal Protection Program and through this service you will get the car for 5 days to inspect it, test drive it and decide if you want to keep it.
In case you will not be satisfied, you can send it back on my cost. During the 5 day period I won't get any money.
If you want to make the deal I need the following details from you:
full name, address, and phone#.
After I will have your info I will forward them to PayPal and I will get the ball rolling. PayPal will contact you with all the details that you need to complete this
deal. Waiting for your email with the requested details.
Regards

Seriously, let someone else use your vehicle for 5 days at your expense and who uses paypal for shipping protection on a car? Might I add the vehicle registered to a guy in Knoxville,TN.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

09 SRM G8 GT aka Ironman:
Vararam|SLP LTs|X-pipe|Comp Cam 226/231|Tuned by Dynospeed
5% Tint|Gloss Black roof vinyl|VVME 8000K 55W HIDs
Powdercoated Bremmer Kraft BR05 20x8.5/10 et28 - F245/35-R275/30 Delinte D7 tires

STOCK: [email protected] 60ft 2.08 (full tank of gas, Bridgestones)
Cortex93 + Vararam: [email protected] 60ft 2.06 (half tank, Crapyears)
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 05:34 PM
jab

definitely sounds like BS....Next thing you know, they'll say they got it in an inheritance from a rich uncle who died, but lives in Saudi...
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 11:11 PM

There's an increasing trend of the absolute-bottom priced cars on cars.com and the other car search sites being scams. Moreover on desirable cars it's usually the bottom half-dozen. I was looking at Cayennes a few months ago for my wife and saw something I suspected to be too good to be true. Well, I Googled the name of the dealer listed - ATB Motors - and the day prior to my search this article was posted:

http://mobile.dglobe.com/page/articl...roperty_id/24/

"The auto dealer has a Mini Cooper listed for several thousand dollars below book value, a 2009 Porsche Cayenne that just begs for a spin, and a plethora of Mercedes, BMWs and Vipers. All of them are priced to drive away quickly.

The only catch is that the dealership supposedly selling the cars doesn’t actually exist in the real world. The website for ATB Autos states the dealership is at 237 S. Kniss Ave. in Luverne.

“Unfortunately, there’s no such place in Luverne,” said Rock County Sheriff Evan Verbrugge."

... So. I know we're going to keep seeing these same threads get created over and over, but yeah, use some common sense... 1 photo, 1 name (usually only a first name, and female interestingly enough) and priced well below market is a sure sign of scammers.

2005 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG Kompressor - slightly modified. Best time (Bandimere, 5800 ft) 5/4/2014 - 12.818 @ 109.12, 1.871 60', 7800 ft DA.

2008 Saab 9-7x Aero (TBSS) - Stock - wife's DD.

[SOLD] Liquid Red G8 GXP - Best time (Bandimere - 5800ft) - (5/6/12) 13.751 @ 102, 2.0s 60', 7800 ft DA.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 04:30 AM

Thumbs down GXP scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtrumbore View Post
http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/pon...c&distance=any

Someone in TN better check this out quick! Must be a joke.
Notice the language use and sentence structure. This is someone who is not literate in English and is likely not even in this country. It's a phishing scam looking for your identity info. BEWARE!!
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

No, pop, I happen to be a well educated, professional, American. Sorry I was too quick and gullible when I first posted this. I reallized a minute after that it was a scam.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 06:50 AM

I believe grandpop09 was referring to the actual ad itself, not your statement.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

09 SRM G8 GT aka Ironman:
Vararam|SLP LTs|X-pipe|Comp Cam 226/231|Tuned by Dynospeed
5% Tint|Gloss Black roof vinyl|VVME 8000K 55W HIDs
Powdercoated Bremmer Kraft BR05 20x8.5/10 et28 - F245/35-R275/30 Delinte D7 tires

STOCK: [email protected] 60ft 2.08 (full tank of gas, Bridgestones)
Cortex93 + Vararam: [email protected] 60ft 2.06 (half tank, Crapyears)
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 09:06 AM

misunderstanding

Quote:
No, pop, I happen to be a well educated, professional, American. Sorry I was too quick and gullible when I first posted this. I reallized a minute after that it was a scam.
I apologize, jdtrumbore, for not making myself clearer in that response. I was not referring to you, but as has already been noted, I was referring to the ad itself.
grandpop09
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Sorry as well. Someone close this thread please before I embarrass myself any more.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 10:44 AM

no problem

Quote:
Sorry as well. Someone close this thread please before I embarrass myself any more.
Hey, we G8 owners need to stick together.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

grandpop
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Yep, that just happened..

Closed per request!

2008 Liquid Red G8, Thunder Racing Custom Camshaft
219/230, 607/610, 114 LSA, DOD Delete
Kooks LTH, kooks catted x-pipe, kooks axle back, Roto-fab CAI and 25% udp, DMH electric exhaust cutouts, little shot(alright, maybe not so little) of happy juice courtesy of HSW and tune by Tony G at HP Performance. Oh yeah, and 08 Super Bee as well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page