whats it worth? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

whats it worth?

2009 gt stryker blue no roof 32k on the clock, dealer is askin 26k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 10:30 PM

Thats a shade high, maybe 24K if it's in like new condition, then again that's a rare color so maybe they are taking advantage of that in the higher asking, maybe others will chime in?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

i was gonna offer them 22

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 10:39 PM

Worth a try, but they probably won't take it, most dealers seem to hang pretty tight around the asking with these cars even after they sit on their lots for months. I just bought another G8 Gt a couple months ago, a 2008 panther black with 27K miles on it, mint condition and the dealer wanted 23.6 for it and would not come down a dime... It's the only car I ever paid asking for in my life. Then they knocked me up for a $399.00 doc fee which brought it to 24K, look out for those doc fees too. They did not care less if I walked away from the deal or not
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitegreat8 View Post
Worth a try, but they probably won't take it, most dealers seem to hang pretty tight around the asking with these cars even after they sit on their lots for months. I just bought another G8 Gt a couple months ago, a 2008 panther black with 27K miles on it, mint condition and the dealer wanted 23.6 for it and would not come down a dime... It's the only car I ever paid asking for in my life. Then they knocked me up for a $399.00 doc fee which brought it to 24K, look out for those doc fees too. They did not care less if I walked away from the deal or not
thats fine by me theres plenty of others out there many of them cheaper
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b View Post
thats fine by me theres plenty of others out there many of them cheaper
I had looked at a lot of them and found none as nice as the one I got plus it was a 3 hour drive I had to make to look at the car so I just bought it rather than keep on looking, when they mentioned the 399 fee though that they would not back down on it sure made it tempting to walk away from the deal though. If you have the time and are not real picky about what color you want than best to keep looking, I don't think your going to find one a real lot cheaper though. The only time I see these cars around $20K or so is when they have like 50 or 70K miles on them and believe me I know the values of these cars very well, I've looked at a lot of them.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I had looked at a lot of them and found none as nice as the one I got plus it was a 3 hour drive I had to make to look at the car so I just bought it rather than keep on looking, when they mentioned the 399 fee though that they would not back down on it sure made it tempting to walk away from the deal though. If you have the time and are not real picky about what color you want than best to keep looking, I don't think your going to find one a real lot cheaper though. The only time I see these cars around $20K or so is when they have like 50 or 70K miles on them and believe me I know the values of these cars very well, I've looked at a lot of them.
well ive been in this game a while and its a buyers market... plus i already have a vehicle that i dont have to/need to sell.. so picking up a g8 is also not a need its a want... thx for the info tho
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 12:56 AM

Quote:
2009 gt stryker blue no roof 32k on the clock, dealer is askin 26k
Is it a sport package and premium package car or?

2014 Chevy Cruze
2013 Chevy Avalanche
2009 Pontiac G8
2009 Saab 9-3 Combi
1988 Volvo 740
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 12:59 AM

Quote:
well ive been in this game a while and its a buyers market... plus i already have a vehicle that i dont have to/need to sell.. so picking up a g8 is also not a need its a want... thx for the info tho
I see a V6 G8 in your future Actually it is a sellers market, there is a shortage of used cars out there.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I see a V6 G8 in your future Actually it is a sellers market, there is a shortage of used cars out there.
nope ill keep my z06 before i ever buy a v6 g8 and im not finding a shortage of used cars so far and they are priced what id like to pay
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 01:04 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page