Market saturated? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Market saturated?

I was thinking of trading my car for a 2010 camaro with 8k miles. the dealer said theyd give me 23k for mine IF i paid their asking price. Im not willing to pay what they are asking so I told them that.
They replied with "Jason then other thing to consider is most dealers are going to offer you $21,500 for your car there just not hot right now the market is saturated knowbody wants them. FYI"
Im pretty sure there are more camaros for sale right now then G8GTs even produced.
Nobody wants G8s? I find that hard to believe

2009.5 LR G8 GT Sport/Premium/Sunroof
Kooks Mids w/ HFCs / Solo Shorty / Roto-Fab / Pat G. Tune
FE3 / Eibach / Tint / GXP Diffuser / TRS HIDs / HID Fogs / Nurburgrings / LED Tails / Debadged
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 04:08 PM

I want a G8..... but apparently I'm in the minority... that's fine, better market for me.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Banned

Camero is not a practical car for family G8 is perfect with lots of power and great gas milage.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 04:37 PM

Sounds like he was just saying what he had to in order to sucker you into a sale.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 07:02 PM

Now seems to be a poor time to trade in a sports sedan. Consider waiting until spring/summer if you can.

Current:
2011 CTSV coupe

Past:
2009 G8 GXP cammed and blown
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 07:08 PM

Sales ploy.

Countermove: That's funny, you are the lowest offer I've received. Perhaps I'll be in touch if you're more competitive with my alternatives. Thank you for your time.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

haha, yeah. my reply was a bit ruder than that, but I guess it said about the same thing.

"you have got to be kidding. there were only ~30,000 G8s sent to the US between 08-09. not even half are GTs and there are even less with the sport package, bluetooth, red interior and sunroof. a dealer here offered 23k without me buying anything from them.
saturated? please, there are more camaros for sale than G8s produced. there are 101 V8 G8s for sale w/in 300 miles of me. There are 575 used V8 Camaros."

i might have my G8 numbers off - Im not all that sure how many were made, but I was just trying to say there are a lot more camaros than there are G8s

FE3 / Eibach / Tint / GXP Diffuser / TRS HIDs / HID Fogs / Nurburgrings / LED Tails / Debadged
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonvt View Post
haha, yeah. my reply was a bit ruder than that, but I guess it said about the same thing.

"you have got to be kidding. there were only ~30,000 G8s sent to the US between 08-09. not even half are GTs and there are even less with the sport package, bluetooth, red interior and sunroof. a dealer here offered 23k without me buying anything from them.
saturated? please, there are more camaros for sale than G8s produced. there are 101 V8 G8s for sale w/in 300 miles of me. There are 575 used V8 Camaros."

i might have my G8 numbers off - Im not all that sure how many were made, but I was just trying to say there are a lot more camaros than there are G8s
https://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45335
That is the last release of numbers that I am aware of from GM.
So 38k+ for v6 and v8.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. I was pretty close

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 10:38 PM

For s--t's and giggles I took my car to Carmax and another local dealer who offers to buy your car even if you don't buy ours. Carmax offered me $25,675 and the other dude says they will beat Carmax by at least a grand offered me $27,000 even, I currently owe $19,018 so I'm sitting pretty good. And to think I got the car for $30,000 out the door almost 3 years ago! God I love this car! (sometimes that is.)
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 05:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
For s--t's and giggles I took my car to Carmax and another local dealer who offers to buy your car even if you don't buy ours. Carmax offered me $25,675 and the other dude says they will beat Carmax by at least a grand offered me $27,000 even, I currently owe $19,018 so I'm sitting pretty good. And to think I got the car for $30,000 out the door almost 3 years ago! God I love this car! (sometimes that is.)
wow... is yours a GXP?

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 09:40 AM

No just a black GT with sport and sunroof and red and black interior. But its been garage kept and has very nice brand new wheels.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
No just a black GT with sport and sunroof and red and black interior. But its been garage kept and has very nice brand new wheels.
i might need to go to carmax to see what they say about mine. sounds about the same as yours. i dont have NEW wheels, but theyre 20" polished camaro wheels with 5k on them. If you dont mind, can you PM the dealer that offered 27?

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonvt View Post
i might need to go to carmax to see what they say about mine. sounds about the same as yours. i dont have NEW wheels, but theyre 20" polished camaro wheels with 5k on them. If you dont mind, can you PM the dealer that offered 27?
Its a local place that offered me that. They basicly look at a Carmax offer and throw a grand on top of it, he offer $1275 more cause he liked the wheels.

The 2 G8's that they've had on thier lot were selling at damn near the price of a brand new one! Also local market plays a HUGE part in used car prices. Hell the dealer I go mine from STILL has a list of people looking for G8's so when they get them traded in they're already sold. GT's up here do not stay on the market long and I've never seen a GXP locally on any used car lots. V6 cars however seem to sit for months at the same dealers, no one wants them.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

I dont mind driving up there if I can ge that price One of the cars Im looking at is in that direction anyway

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

carmax just offered me 19k. WTF?

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 08:08 PM

its your location, things are just more expensive up north

2008 MGM G8 GT Premium Package / Black-Red Leather
Vararam, OBX Longtubes and Catback, Kooks Axelbacks, RCR Thumper cam, LS3 heads, RCR tuned, Brembo Brakes all around, GXP front end conversion, GXP FE3 suspension, Eibach Springs.
and more to come eventually
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistarnova View Post
its your location, things are just more expensive up north
This. The cost of living is MUCH higher up here and also it can depend on the time of year too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page