What you think? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
Mac10 and Cheese

What you think?

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...19970273&Log=0

They are asking 28k for it, I offered 25k Out the door. No dice.

What do you guys think? I have been in the marked for a G8 GT for 2 years now.

Also just found this one.

http://huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/2862894904.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 12:43 PM

you should be able to find some cheaper than $28 easily. I would defenitaly take the supercharged one.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 06:32 AM

You should definitely be able to a find a GT for less than 27k. Your target should be between 22 and 25k. But some areas of the country they are hard to find. I live in New England, and GTs are very rare in this part of the country, which appears to drive up cost. I've been looking for over 4 months and at any given time there are only 3 to 4 GTs for sale in the entire 6 state N.E. region, with half of those being the same ones that have been on the market for nearly a year and are WAY overpriced. If your part of the country is the same as N.E. and you really want a GT I suggest looking in other parts of the country and flying/driving to pick up. I ended up locating the right one (by my specs) in MI for 23k. Midwest seems to have a ton of GTs and which helps keep cost down.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 05:05 AM

I ended up picking mine up right outside Dallas TX for around $24k out the door.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 06:34 PM

I'm in Seattle! I've seen that silver one. WAY over priced. The SC'd one is listed here for sale. Sounds like a great deal for that one if you want to drive or pay for shipping.

There's a white one in Burlington for much less than that.

Try cargurus and autobase sites for dealer listings.

For reference, I got my 08 panther black gt with 40k for $19500. But that was a pretty good deal. Normal area pricing is for less than 40k miles is in the $23-$24k range right now. Prices are crazy

Note: I was very, very close to buying this one. This one was at Bellvue Acura for over 150 days. The day I was going to buy it, I thought they sold it. but they ended up wholesaling it to these guys. They went down into the $23,xxx before getting rid of it.
It's real clean. I drove it. It's cleaner than mine but I was debating over the color.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/ctd/2938908432.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page