$23K and 32K miles? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

$23K and 32K miles?

Ok,

So you know how you THINK you know something and something happens to make you second guess yourself? LOL Posting this to the G8B community.

Seems like the offering and listed prices are right around 23K (at least for the one I've paid attention to) and so now I'm wondering IS $23K an ok deal to pay for a G8 GT with 32,000 miles? Is this just a starting point? Can I do much better or is it right in the middle? Seems, in my mind, prices are getting lower and lower for these with around 30,000 miles. Could just be me.

White Hot GT, $23,300 with 32,000 miles. Onyx/Red interior. Sound like a fair purchase price?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 09:08 PM

I got mine 3 months ago for $25k with 32,500 miles. Sounds good to me.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 09:02 AM

$23k for a 32k mile car is certainly within the realm of acceptable. What's acceptable to me would be the cars condition, lack of visible wear, and hopefully visual times that indicate the car was well cared for.

I would have no issue spending $23k the car as long as it meet above.

'09 PSM G8 GT

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Well...they showed me. Pay attention to what I say. The salesman coerced me make the 3.5 hour drive up. I had originally looked at a comparable WH GT here in Rockville which I liked a lot but didn't want to make an emotional decision on. I think at the time, the prices were Rockville GT-$24/25K and Jersey GT $23.9K. By the time I had gone thru my bank, the local one was sold. Only had 28K miles on it.

So after all the back and forth and the usual dance about the price, I find myself driving up there...DESPITE having talked to the GSM and being COMPLETELY unimpressed by his phone conversation.

I get there, clearly the car has issues that need to be ironed out. Exhaust needed work, had the wrong wheels on it, dye on the seats, junk on the front bumper, no center caps and it was dirty. Probably more if I could remember. (sigh) They still got me to buy it. Wow. It's got a lot of work to be "right".

**Going to post a seperate thread soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page