Opinions wanted - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Opinions wanted

Hey guys... Looking for a little help here. I have been looking to get into a 09 GT with as low of miles as possible. I came across this one which is about an hour from my place. I've exchanged a couple emails with a salesguy and even talked to him today.

http://www.oshkoshchevrolet.com/Vehi...-WI/1942108143

I like the idea of it being a CPO but does that really matter? What are some of the things I need to be looking for here? Does anything stand out to you as a reg flag? The dealer said it has new tires and rear brakes, turned front rotors, all the service records (including replace the control arms at 21,xxx miles), and the accident listed in the Carfax was a parking lot bump that only made the record because the cops were called.

So, do you think it's worth taking a drive to check out? What would be a reasonable price- obviously depending on condition etc?

Thanks for any help/insight. I'm really excited about finding one but I definitely don't want to make a dumb decision based on emotion here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 11:34 PM

25k seems a lil high, i just picked my 09.5 with 39k miles for 21.5.

2009.5 Liquid Red GT Premium/Sport
TSW Nuburgrings
VMAX TB
Rotofab
91 Cortex tune
X-pipe Super 44's catback,
Camaro 3.27's
[email protected] DA -1200
new mods
Pypes LT headers/ Pat G tune
[email protected] DA 700
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

I thought it seemed a bit high. I came across another with 40,000 miles the dealer wants 24,000 for.

Guess I'll keep my search going.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 05:35 PM

I would bro. I got my 08 GT for 21k otd. It had 36k on the clock, headers, x-pipe, CAI, and tune.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 03:35 PM

I don't think I would write this car off without looking at it a little closer. One of the best things GM has stateside is the CPO program. Some pretty good piece of mind there. Also no matter what some salesman tells you on the phone 24,994 is just a number. Not what the car is going to sell for....IMO

2009 GT PB, 20" Rial Porto's with Summutimo HTRIII's, infinity's in doors, CRV 8" Kickers on deck with 16 ohm center spkr mod. 6K HID's, Homelink, K&N, Pedders GSR's with stock height springs and SuperPro bushings, CTS-V brembo's with DBA rotors, Solo Mach balanced with HFC's. Harrop Enhanced Performance with EPS cam tuned by Patrick G. and cooled by B+M....

2013 Buick Regal GS, 3M, P3 VIDI, IPF Tuned- wife scooped it.

New DD- 2015 ATS 2.0T AWD, 3M, IPF Tuned
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR888GT View Post
I don't think I would write this car off without looking at it a little closer. One of the best things GM has stateside is the CPO program. Some pretty good piece of mind there. Also no matter what some salesman tells you on the phone 24,994 is just a number. Not what the car is going to sell for....IMO

I cannot agree more! My car was priced at 23k and some change. After long negotiations, and walking out of the dealer a few times. They came down. I remember the sales manager telling me he was only making 85 dollars off the sale. I found out later on from Saturnine, the previous owner, that they bought the car from her for 17,500. So they will lie through their teeth to make every dime they can. Be patient, and good things will come. I know it is hard to wait, especially when you want something bad. The last thing you want is to have regrets, trust me, I've been there. Patience truly is a virtue!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 03:42 PM

Also, Just to clarify. Not all dealers are like this. I have met a few guys who are no nonsense, and will truly give you their best deal. Don't want to bash on the dealerships, since there are the good ones out there!!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 04:02 PM

You got the right idea there xero G8. Having been on that side of the desk I know one thing for sure that no dealer is going to let a reasonable offer walk out. There's no money in a car sitting on the lot. And no dealer advertises a price thats $85 over cost. No matter what they want you to believe. Is it the color you want? Are the miles OK? Is it in good shape? Then come up with a number and stick to it (Say $22500 for instance) and be willing to walk. Make that number about $400 or 500 less than your willing to pay. If they think your serious they are still going to try and bump you after you make like your walking. And again that CPO is worth something too...IMO

2009 GT PB, 20" Rial Porto's with Summutimo HTRIII's, infinity's in doors, CRV 8" Kickers on deck with 16 ohm center spkr mod. 6K HID's, Homelink, K&N, Pedders GSR's with stock height springs and SuperPro bushings, CTS-V brembo's with DBA rotors, Solo Mach balanced with HFC's. Harrop Enhanced Performance with EPS cam tuned by Patrick G. and cooled by B+M....

2013 Buick Regal GS, 3M, P3 VIDI, IPF Tuned- wife scooped it.

New DD- 2015 ATS 2.0T AWD, 3M, IPF Tuned
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 12:25 PM

Great color but yea 25k is wonky high. Get 3-4k off and you're golden.

09 G8 GT Liquid Red, Premium & Sport Packages
Sold

09 G8 GT Stryker Blue Metallic, Premium & Sport Packages, Magnaflow Catback, Tinted Windows, Mudflap Delete , Clear Side Markers (Neondials), VG Sharkfin, GXP Diffuser, Redline Center Console, Infinity Kappa speakers, more to come!

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 01:25 PM

Too high!!!!!!
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR888GT View Post
You got the right idea there xero G8. Having been on that side of the desk I know one thing for sure that no dealer is going to let a reasonable offer walk out. There's no money in a car sitting on the lot. And no dealer advertises a price thats $85 over cost. No matter what they want you to believe. Is it the color you want? Are the miles OK? Is it in good shape? Then come up with a number and stick to it (Say $22500 for instance) and be willing to walk. Make that number about $400 or 500 less than your willing to pay. If they think your serious they are still going to try and bump you after you make like your walking. And again that CPO is worth something too...IMO
This post it golden.
I walked on a deal a few weeks ago for $200. The car was on their lot for 2 months. Needless to say my phone was ringing before I got home. I ended up finding a better deal on a better GT. The GT they had is still sitting there
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 07:44 AM

I know I paid a bit more than I should have for my car but they really have you by the balls when they know you traveled 200 miles to see the car. I would have absolutely walked out on these guys if they were local...

Sold

09 G8 GT Stryker Blue Metallic, Premium & Sport Packages, Magnaflow Catback, Tinted Windows, Mudflap Delete , Clear Side Markers (Neondials), VG Sharkfin, GXP Diffuser, Redline Center Console, Infinity Kappa speakers, more to come!

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarocpa View Post
Hey guys... Looking for a little help here. I have been looking to get into a 09 GT with as low of miles as possible. I came across this one which is about an hour from my place. I've exchanged a couple emails with a salesguy and even talked to him today.

http://www.oshkoshchevrolet.com/Vehi...-WI/1942108143

I like the idea of it being a CPO but does that really matter? What are some of the things I need to be looking for here? Does anything stand out to you as a reg flag? The dealer said it has new tires and rear brakes, turned front rotors, all the service records (including replace the control arms at 21,xxx miles), and the accident listed in the Carfax was a parking lot bump that only made the record because the cops were called.

So, do you think it's worth taking a drive to check out? What would be a reasonable price- obviously depending on condition etc?

Thanks for any help/insight. I'm really excited about finding one but I definitely don't want to make a dumb decision based on emotion here!

Dont rush into it and that price is a little to high!
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 06:15 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOST

You can buy mine with 45K miles and a brand new Coan stall in it for 26.

2009 Cadillac CTS-V | Crystal Red Tintcoat | Ebony
KPE Catback | Airaid Cold Air Intake | Tuned by Kaltech Tuning and Performance

2013 Mustang GT | Sterling Gray | Saddle | -- Sold (7/31/14)
Stuff | 550 RWHP

2009 G8 GT | Stryker Blue | Onyx | -- Sold (8/3/13)
Giant cam | 4200 Coan Stall Converter | ARH Headers | Other stuff | 440 RWHP
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 06:22 PM

Opinions wanted

Did you see this one http://application.gandrudchevrolet....EC57Y59L182559

Not sure where in the state you are located

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 05:24 PM

Been seeing them for less, try to get them to knock off a couple grand
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Banned

That does seem high. I am selling mine with 10,400 miles for 24,590 obo.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker09G8 View Post
That does seem high. I am selling mine with 10,400 miles for 24,590 obo.
Wow 10k? Man that's impressive. You original owner? Hat a gt?

Sold

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page