seems like a deal, too many miles? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Tim

seems like a deal, too many miles?

Hey guys still pretty new here, but I went and looked at my 1st G8 today. 2009 GT with 86k miles. here's the link below.

http://www.hoehnbuickgmccadillac.com...3a53f01.htmcar

looks super clean, (but which ones dont coming from a dealer right?) with a good car fax report ( one owner, no accidents, minor repairs) car fax said it had one open recall but the salesman said that it had probably been taken care of. is there a way I can find out myself?

Just wondering ( I know its a commonly asked question but Im gonna ask anyway) if 86K is too many miles and what I should be weary of?
They are asking 18495 I offered 20K out the door, but walked away to think about it.
here's the link below for pics and details.

http://www.hoehnbuickgmccadillac.com...3a53f01.htmcar

whats your opinion?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 04:09 PM

Seems okay. Recall is still open to this date for SDM reprogram. Has had a few warranty repairs.

Steering wheel switch, Reprogram trans, replace wheel, wiring repair, sunshade replacement, seat reclining hinge, drivers seat adjuster.

2009 PSM GT Sport/Premium
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 04:20 PM

Garage
Don't forget LCA'S to was a TSB issue.

2009 GT White Hot, AKA CASPER, Superchips 93 octane tune, Volant C.A.I with HSRK,Slotted and cross drilled rotors with ceramic pads,GXP Diffuser,Debadged.Solo axle backs, Coronet 440 style tips
Dyno 4/26/15,343 MAX H.P.,338.6 MAX TORQ
5/13/15 [email protected], 2.03- 60'."WE ARE THE LAST OF OUR KIND"
2009.1 V6 STRYKER BLUE, TRADED IN 1/10/13

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 04:24 PM

Honestly, Tim, I think there are too many other G8's for sale out there with far fewer miles, and for perhaps not a lot more money. That's just my opinion. But it would be too many miles for me, especially not knowing the driving habits of the previous owner(s). I know shopping for a G8 is a lot of fun, and I wish you the best

2009 LR A6 G8 GXP
#986 of 1829 produced
#60 of 81 as optioned
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Tim

Keep looking?

Thanks guys, Im glad I didnt act on impulse. Im guessing most of those recals have been done except for one, any way to find out which item it is? Its tough to find G8s out here in CA especially in San Diego, I was thinking of asking if they would throw in a 2 yr warranty, ya think it might be a better deal then or should I just keep shopping?
Tim
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 04:45 PM

It's true that I can't speak for how hard it is to find G8's in your area. But honestly, I would keep shopping (especially if you're not in a big hurry). I kind of doubt that they would throw in a 2 year warranty, anyway. I would be quite surprised if you didn't find some other G8's for sale in a large metropolitan area like San Diego, by both dealers and private parties. Auto Trader was always my friend. You can also check the classifieds here on the G8 Board. Good luck!

2009 LR A6 G8 GXP
#986 of 1829 produced
#60 of 81 as optioned
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 04:57 PM

Garage
When I got my GT, had a SBM Base and pulled into a local dealership to look at a LR GT . It had 84k on it for 18k . So I really not intreasted and sales girl came out told me they had a GT with 24k on it and wanted 23k for it,and wanted to know if I wanted to see it. To make a story short they lowered my payment by a 100 a month,and out the door with 30k bumper to bumper since it was certified that nite.. So price was right there, so keep looking, many have bought theres in other states, that flew out to get and drove back. Sounds like a idea for a new thread.

2009 GT White Hot, AKA CASPER, Superchips 93 octane tune, Volant C.A.I with HSRK,Slotted and cross drilled rotors with ceramic pads,GXP Diffuser,Debadged.Solo axle backs, Coronet 440 style tips
Dyno 4/26/15,343 MAX H.P.,338.6 MAX TORQ
5/13/15 [email protected], 2.03- 60'."WE ARE THE LAST OF OUR KIND"
2009.1 V6 STRYKER BLUE, TRADED IN 1/10/13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page