GROUP BUY- Solo Performance G8 Mach X- V8 Manual- Ends 11/30/09 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Solo Performance

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

GROUP BUY- Solo Performance G8 Mach X- V8 Manual- Ends 11/30/09

Solo Performance is proud to offer the Mach X Exhaust Kit for the G8 Manual V8.

Mach X Kit Details

Price: $779 shipped + Group Buy Discount

• Mach X muffler is 14", made of T304 Stainless Steel
  • Direct Bolt-On
  • The manual is 8 cylinder all of the time
  • This kit is completely NO DRONE
  • The Mach X has a more aggressive note than its automatic counterpart. Since there is no 4 cylinder mode with the manual, you can fine tune the exhaust to a very comfortable, very pleasing, but louder exhaust note. one customer phrased it as "an angry lion waiting to bite your head off."
  • This deep, mean American full-muscle sound still retains a soothing exotic flavor for your driving enjoyment.
  • You can use this kit on the Automatic G8 V8 if you tune out the Active Fuel Management (4 cylinder mode)
  • We use 2.5" T409 stainless steel, mandrel bent piping
  • We use T304 stainless steel on the muffler and 3" tips
  • The tips are 3" dual, beveled, and staggered T304 stainless steel
Group Buy

We will be running a group buy on both this kit and the automatic kit through November 30, 2009.

Discount

Each kit ordered will add 1% discount to the final price, up to 20%. Each kit ordered after 20 will receive the 20% discount. We will be selling a maximum of 30 kits, combined manual and automatic, at this group buy rate. Credit cards will be charged the full kit price, and then credited the appropriate discount at the end of the group buy. This ensures that we can ship the kits out before the group buy ends.

Contact Information

Steve Mariano

Email: [email protected]

Cell: (516) 655-9002

Home: (516) 414-1429

Video

Pictures

Group Buy List

1. dengel (Mach XL) PAID
2. 2xR (Mach XL) PAID
GrandPrixRollsOut (Mach X) PAID
4. PWRDXLS3 (Mach X) PAID
5. gthappy (Mach XL) PAID

Last edited by GOINGSOLO2; 11-11-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 06:04 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Hi! This post is to sincerely thank Nightwing111 and PWRDXLS3 for allowing us to use and test their cars during this roughly month and a half process to get these kits on line for you all. From all of us at Solo we want to acknowledge and thank you for your patience, understanding, support and confidence during the design, redesign, redesign... and test phase. Both Nightwing111 and R.N. have gone above and beyond to allow us enough time to make it right. We are all very proud of the final design. The exhaust note, responsiveness, and pure driving enjoyment of the Solo kits have put a big smile on all our faces. Thanks again guys it was a lot of fun!

Last edited by GOINGSOLO2; 10-30-2009 at 08:33 PM.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 03:47 PM

Not feeling the "cards will be charged full price" immediately with an open ended ship date. I like what I am reading about the product though. I don't mind placing a deposit, but the full amount with 2+ nmonths of waiting? I doubt that.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxhopper View Post
Not feeling the "cards will be charged full price" immediately with an open ended ship date. I like what I am reading about the product though. I don't mind placing a deposit, but the full amount with 2+ nmonths of waiting? I doubt that.
There will not be 2 months of waiting at all. We will have kits shipping out way before that, as early as next week. The group buy ends Nov. 20, but kits will be shipping out before the GB is over. That is how we get feedback so more people jump on and the discount gets larger for everyone.

Last edited by GOINGSOLO2; 10-28-2009 at 09:24 PM.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 06:52 PM

Gotcha OK sounds good. I will await some feedback. Interested in hearing results on the GXP (Manual version).
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxhopper View Post
Gotcha OK sounds good. I will await some feedback. Interested in hearing results on the GXP (Manual version).
You will surely not be disappointed.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 10:06 PM

I personally heard the GXP system. Wild. Definatly. Love it. We did teh vids on a industrial area. After 3 runs people were coming out to see what was going on.

They were saying thats definatly not stock.

NO drone as with the GT version. Sounded just as nice inside as well. The onwer had two cars seats in the back so family like me was also a issue. As far as I know he was really pleased with it as well.

On the Dyno it was just insane in sound. Full throttle was SAVAGE.

NightwingIII
www.wastegateshow.com

Jean-Paul Nadeau & Alex Rallis
Team G8 Canada in hopes for Season 4 of Bullrun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7btnINRUF8
Or Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=127878733889029

'09 G8 GT 1SC Sport Red Metalic (The odd Ball out of the group)
Mach X Exhaust
SOLO High Flow Cats
Cortex Tune
'07 Solstice GXP Mysterious Black
'99 Sunfire GT Convertable Black (SOLD)
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 07:21 PM

2009 GXP MT

I was referred to Solo by the previous owner of my GXP who purchased a Solo system through the Camaro forum. (group buy)

Solo had my car for 2 weeks as their test mule in order to get the exhaust note and fitment perfect for the GXP application. I also drove in NightWings but it was still under development at the time. I have had my car back for a week now and think they hit a home run here.

My personal feedback after 1 week of driving.

Exhaust tips - 10/10 - Look VERY similar to stock GXP tips and look appropriate for the car. Stick out EXACTLY the right amount from the body.

Alignment of tips - 11/10 - Fit spacing to the bumper is perfectly equal in all directions. Less than a 64th off... Better than stock.

Sound @ WOT - 10/10 - Sound inside car is incredible. No comparison to stock exhaust. Sound clips coming this weekend.

Sound at part throttle - 10/10 - I have absolute control on the sound level of the exhaust. Doesn't get too noticable if driven normally. Sound get progressively louder as pedal is depressed further. I think this is why it is called a loud pedal.

Sound on decel - Noticable backfiring and gurgling on decel inside the car. Simply awesome sounds here. I have let my Satellite radio subscription expire as I have a new source of music. GOINGSOLO2, correct me if I'm wrong, but I beleive 2 of 4 cats get deleted on GXP.

Sound @ Idle - 9/10 - Idle wont wake up the neighbours (like my last car) and sounds ALMOST normal inside the car, from outside sounds moderately tuned. I beleive my idle is set too high (a whole new thread) Seems to be at least 800RPM maybe 900RPM which likely explains the higher than anticipated noise level at idle.

Power - NOTICABLE improvement throughout the powerband. DYNO results to be posted shortly. Approx 10 RWHP/RWTQ across the board, less on low end, more in mid-range. (~12 Flywheel HP/TQ @ peak) In the opinion of the Dyno shop to where I will soon be returning for a full dyno tune...these are EXCELLENT gains for an exhaust only upgrade. (IMHO - The guy at the Dyno shop's opinion should matter more than any manufacturer's HP improvement claim)
Drone - Good to go. Nothing to complain about.
Price - What can I say? Smoking deal. Incredible value? Need I go on? Sounds great, looks great, runs great, price is great, BUY ONE!

Any other ???'s let me know.

2009 G8 GXP 6MT, Sunroof, Maverick Silver, Onyx/Onyx, 425 RWHP.

20" BumbleBee wheels w/V12 Evo's for summer
19" GXP w/LM25 Blizzaks for cooler months
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Hi PwrdXls3, thank you sooo much for the use of your beautiful car! We really appreciate you letting us use it for so long. Ray misses test driving it...
It's great to know that you like it so much. We are extremely happy with the final version and very glad to know that you are too. Over the course of 500 miles or so it "breaks in" and after the carbon build up starts it smooths out and even sounds better. Thanks for the great review and stop by for a coffee when you're in the area!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 06:11 AM

Will do!

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Pick up your new Solo Performance G8 Cat-Back Exhaust and join the Solo family!

"Solo makes exhaust so exciting, you never want to park your car... well almost never!"
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 06:32 AM

Is the system for the GXP ready to ship? I have your system on my 09 Solstice GXP Coupe - mach shorty and high flow cat. I'm not looking for as much noise on the G8 since it is more of a family car and some of the other exhaust are a bit too Chris Craft for me. Do you have options on the sound like you do on the Solstice?
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbindley View Post
Is the system for the GXP ready to ship? I have your system on my 09 Solstice GXP Coupe - mach shorty and high flow cat. I'm not looking for as much noise on the G8 since it is more of a family car and some of the other exhaust are a bit too Chris Craft for me. Do you have options on the sound like you do on the Solstice?
The kit we released has been purchased by many that use the car as a daily driver with families. We only have one kit for this car, but it has been revamped to eliminate the hum at 1800rpm. The new kits are being shipped as we speak. Call me at 516-655-9002 and I will be happy to answer any questions and take your order if you decide to purchase through us.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 03:56 PM

Just had the V2 put on, and have driven it for about a week. It sounds great.
Zero drone, a little quieter overall - I love it!

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Moderators, can you please close this thread. Thanks.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Pooper Scooper!!!

Solo has requested that this thread now be closed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page