Solo Performance is proud to announce the release of our new Cyclone Catback
to the G8 and Chevy SS community. The Cyclone features a unique design using the Venturi Effect for phenomenal sound and incredible acceleration characteristics, all while still maintaining no drone in the cabin.
How does it work?
The Cyclone was specifically designed to use the Venturi Effect to produce its tone and power increase. When the pistons are firing on one side, this muffler draws from the other side as well. This is something that only our muffler accomplishes. Drawing exhaust gases from both sides and sucking it through creates a cyclonic effect. The non-firing side of the engine is the low pressure system, and the muffler design causes flow to be drawn from that low pressure side in addition to the firing side. This mimics how a weather cyclone forms and functions. Because of this, the note becomes intoxicating and power gains are excellent through the entire powerband.
How loud is it?
Volume-wise, it is louder than the Mach Shorty, but quieter than the Street Race. There is still no interior drone when cruising.
What exhaust kits are available with the Cyclone?
Can you upgrade your current Solo catback to a Cyclone?
- 2.5" Catback (to connect to factory cats)- $900.65
- 2.5" Catback with Catted Connection Pipes for Kooks LT Headers- $1391.78
- 2.5" Catback with Catless Connection Pipes for Kooks LT Headers- $1130.70
- 3" Catback (to connect to factory cats)- $1118.93
- 3" Catback with Catted Connection Pipes for Kooks LT Headers- $1616.48
- 3" Catback with Catless Connection Pipes for Kooks LT Headers- $1391.78
Yes, you can purchase just the Cyclone front muffler section in 2.5" or 3" to bolt right in place of your current Solo front muffler section. New clamps are included. We can make these front muffler section upgrades with connection pipes for Kooks LT headers as well.
How do I order?
- 2.5" Cyclone Assembly Upgrade- $325
- 2.5" Assembly with Catted Connection Pipes- $816.13
- 2.5" Assembly with Catless Connection Pipes- $425
- 3" Cyclone Assembly Upgrade- $349
- 3" Assembly with Catted Connection Pipes- $846.55
- 3" Assembly with Catless Connection Pipes- $449
Call Steve directly at 516-655-9002 or email us at [email protected]
in order to place an order or with questions.