NEW! Catted Bolt-On Midpipe for Kooks LT Headers - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Solo Performance

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

NEW! Catted Bolt-On Midpipe for Kooks LT Headers

SOLO Performance is proud to introduce our newest product. You asked for it, and we have delivered. For those of you interested in purchasing Kooks 1 7/8" or 1 3/4" Long-Tube Headers, we now have a bolt-on HF catted midpipe that accommodates any of our five SOLO cat-back kits for the G8 GT and GXP.

This kit is designed for:
Any enthusiast that wants a complete BOLT-ON cat-back that accommodates the Kooks 1 7/8" or 1 3/4" long tube headers with no modifications.

This kit will ship:
Shipping NOW!

Kit Details:
  • High Flow Stainless Wound 200 Cell Catted Midpipe (High Flow)
  • The converters had to be far overrated in order to keep the CEL off. They are rated at 6 liters per side. They are not widely used due to their cost compared to a basic ceramic converter. These converters were mainly used on turbo and SC cars.
  • In-house built stainless steel 02 extenders
  • T409 mandrel bent pipes
  • T304 inside and out polished SS muffler, which incorporates a true X-design for internals, is completely free flow, and is heavily packed with SS wool and ceramic fiber into 4 separate chambers for longevity around the X-pipe
  • The midpipe is also compatible with the Kooks 1 3/4" LT Headers
  • NO DRONE
  • NO CEL
Power Increase (same day before and after dyno runs on a DynoJet):
Baseline (stock)- 294rwhp, 312ft/lbs TQ
With Catted Midpipe setup and Livernois Tune- 349rwhp, 358ft/lbs TQ

I will begin taking orders immediately, and they will ship out in the order that I receive calls and customer information. My contact information is below:

Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, up until midnight EST)
[email protected]

Note: We suggest turning off the 4 cylinder mode, as it does not sound as appealing with this setup. A tune is also recommended to take full advantage of the free-flow characteristics of this setup.

Pricing: add $575 to any of our 5 cat-back exhaust kits, resulting in the following pricing:
  • With Mach Shorty- $1374 shipped
  • With Mach Shorty Balanced- $1419 shipped
  • With Mach- $1369 shipped
  • With Mach Balanced- $1415 shipped
  • With V2 plus J- $1624 shipped
Pictures:

Kooks 1 7/8" LT Headers

Catted Midpipe connecting to Kooks Headers (with V2 with J kit)

Rear Section

High-Resolution Videos:

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

YouTube Video

Last edited by GOINGSOLO2; 05-21-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 01:39 PM

This is truly a sick setup. I recommend this to anyone after hearing it in person. (The performance gains aren't too shabby either haha)

2008 G8 GT #509 of 888 - Ignition Orange
Performance: Kooks 1-7/8 LT's, Solo HFC & Mach Shorty, NEP OTR Intake, NEP Dyno Tune, VMS HSRK, Ported TB, Widened Stock 19" Wheels w/ 285's
Appearance: 5000K HIDs, NEP Gauge Bezel, Auto-dimming Mirror, third_shift studios 888 Shifter Plaque, GXP Front Fascia & Diffuser, 3.5" Exhaust Tips

349 RWHP / 366 RWTQ
Best 1/4 - 13.215 @ 105.17MPH, 60' - 2.01 - Prior to headers...new time coming (hopefully)
post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 01:51 PM
GOT VTAK?

HOLY CRAP!!! Gotta get my finances straight to many cool things are out.

www.facebook.com/rican219

G8board.com September 2010 and July 2012 G8 of the Month Contest Winner

2008 G8 GT
Vararam, 160 Therm, Kooks 1 7/8 Long Tubes, Solo Performance Mach Shorty Catless, Spartan Performance Custom Cam and Tune, 102 FAST LSXr Intake Mani, Nick Williams 102 TB, Circle D Stall, AI Ported Milled LS3 Heads w/Race Valves, Eibach Springs, KMC775 - 20x10 and 20x8.5, CTS-V Brake Conversion, G8 Murdered Out, Maverick Man Carbon Fiber Hood

A Spartan Performance Creation

post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Ang

I sure hope CC007 is getting royalties after every sale since he pioneered this set-up for Solo and for the rest of us.

What about us guys who already forked out coin for the Solo HFC and cat-back - how can we get the Kook's LT's retro-fitted on and how much?

2009 G8 GT
Roto-Fab CAI
Maggie TVS1900 Supercharger Kit with cog kit - 9.5 psi
Sno Performance Water-Meth Kit
Solo Performance Mach Shorty Balanced Cat-Back Exhaust w/ Kooks Shorty Headers
Pedders Supercar Coilovers
Champion Motors Toronto tuned!
Dyno Pull - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGQXgNlOzxo
Track Pass Vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvWz_JLtlEk
Tunnel Run [YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5po...are_video_user[/YOUTUBE]
post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 01:57 PM

And will this work with the 1 3/4" Kooks LTs?

'09 GT White Hot - Onyx/Red Interior, Premium Package.

Show No Go - Valentine One hardwired with remote display*Debadged*G2 red painted calipers*19" Drag DR53 Wheels (not pictured)*Polk DB651's in the doors*35w 5000k HIDS*GXP diffuser*3.5" tips*Oil Catch Can*Roto-Fab Radiator Cover

Go No Show - VMS ECM/TCM Tune*Solo Mach Catback*Roto-Fab Intake
post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang View Post
I sure hope CC007 is getting royalties after every sale since he pioneered this set-up for Solo and for the rest of us.
What about the guy videoing this stuff? haha

2008 G8 GT #509 of 888 - Ignition Orange
Performance: Kooks 1-7/8 LT's, Solo HFC & Mach Shorty, NEP OTR Intake, NEP Dyno Tune, VMS HSRK, Ported TB, Widened Stock 19" Wheels w/ 285's
Appearance: 5000K HIDs, NEP Gauge Bezel, Auto-dimming Mirror, third_shift studios 888 Shifter Plaque, GXP Front Fascia & Diffuser, 3.5" Exhaust Tips

349 RWHP / 366 RWTQ
Best 1/4 - 13.215 @ 105.17MPH, 60' - 2.01 - Prior to headers...new time coming (hopefully)
post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang View Post

What about us guys who already forked out coin for the Solo HFC and cat-back - how can we get the Kook's LT's retro-fitted on and how much?
The easiest way would be to use your existing converters and have an exhaust shop weld the bodies of the converters into your existing midpipe.
post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimman View Post
And will this work with the 1 3/4" Kooks LTs?
Yes, they are both the same size except for pipe diameter, and both use a 3" collector. The flanges used are also the same part number for both header sizes, and they both use the same connecting pipe for the Kooks kits- therefore making them compatible as well.

Last edited by GOINGSOLO2; 03-17-2010 at 02:57 PM.
post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 View Post
Yes, they are both the same size except for pipe diameter, and both use a 3" collector. The flanges used are also the same part number for both header sizes.

As I already have the Mach system, could I buy the catted mid section directly for $575 or is the price different?

'09 GT White Hot - Onyx/Red Interior, Premium Package.

Show No Go - Valentine One hardwired with remote display*Debadged*G2 red painted calipers*19" Drag DR53 Wheels (not pictured)*Polk DB651's in the doors*35w 5000k HIDS*GXP diffuser*3.5" tips*Oil Catch Can*Roto-Fab Radiator Cover

Go No Show - VMS ECM/TCM Tune*Solo Mach Catback*Roto-Fab Intake
post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 02:55 PM

how does this compare to the kook mid pipe for performance? pretty similar i'd think, right? this is mainly a sound change...right?
post #11 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimman View Post
As I already have the Mach system, could I buy the catted mid section directly for $575 or is the price different?
If you already have a Mach system, we could build you the front section with the HF cats welded inline for $850 shipped. This front muffler section with cats has the same end points as our current kits, therefore you'd be able to retain your current midpipes and tailpipes. You would only need a new front muffler section with cats spliced inline.

You could also have the cats welded inline by a quality muffler shop. We could sell you just the body of the SS 200 cell converters, and a good muffler shop could do some pipe work and adapt the converters into it. The Kooks setup is wider and longer than the stock setup, so you would have to allow for that. There are a few ways a good shop could adapt it, but you would have to make sure it is a good shop. We could do that for $498 shipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlease View Post
how does this compare to the kook mid pipe for performance? pretty similar i'd think, right? this is mainly a sound change...right?
I would think the performance gains are very similar. The sound will be different because you would be using our cat-back exhaust system.

Last edited by GOINGSOLO2; 03-17-2010 at 03:41 PM.
post #12 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 03:56 PM

OMG! Only question I have is will these also fit the Doug Thorley headers?
If so......I might have to get a towel!

12.68 @ 110 mph 1.963 60 ft

A6 MSM GXP Current mods: 160* thermostat, 35w, 5k hids, GM chicklets replaced, Complete BMR bushing kit, Roto-fab CAI, tune by Shane, ported TB
post #13 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodys GXP View Post
That's a great question. We fitted this with the Kooks headers. If their headers are the same length as the Kooks, and have the same 3" collector, then it should work. I am not sure though.
post #14 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Ready for take off!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodys GXP View Post
No connector pipe needed for doug thorley headers. They will bolt up to all aftermarket catbacks, without cats of course. You should be able to weld in cats between headers and muffler section just like the above connection pipe.

2008 GT

post #15 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 08:10 PM

Wow! Quite a product you have released! I wonder why it was such a big hit?!?! Good luck with this kit...to anyone out there, it truly is AMAZING, you WILL NOT be disappointed. Solo has created an AMAZING product that makes HP on the dyno and in your seat.

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GTSport/Premium/Bluetooth/Onyx-Red Interior
Performance: Roto-Fab,VMS,Kooks,Solo Performance,Livernois Stage 1 Cam
Appearance: 4300K HID,Roto-Fab Radiator/Fuse Covers,Autodim,Sharkfin,GXP Diffuser,Brembo Brakes
Wheels/Brakes/Suspension:
VMR 701 19x9.5, Yokohama Advan AD08 275/35/19,Russel Lines,Hawk,Pedders xA,BMR
https://www.g8board.com/forums/showpo...91&postcount=2

Last edited by CntryClub007; 03-17-2010 at 08:25 PM.
post #16 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 10:59 AM

Does the "With V2 plus J- $1624 shipped" price, include the J, or is that the price Plus the J.

I assume it is the price with the J -- but you know what happens when one assumes.

If my assumption is correct, what would it cost for the V2 and Cats, without the J? Can I simply just add the price of each component or subtract the cost of my J's????

I have heard this setup and it is a must have...
post #17 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 11:14 AM

JSG7377 - Do you want to get rid of the J-pipe that removes the drone-free aspect of the system? Or are you referring to your existing axle-back? Pretty sure you want to keep the adjustable j-pipe, as it is one of the most important components of Solo's systems.

I would think you could subtract the cost of your axle-back system from the cat-back system. It might require some custom fabrication in a muffler shop, but I believe V2 plus J includes the j-pipe system, you would need to get everything connected.

Appearance: 4300K HID,Roto-Fab Radiator/Fuse Covers,Autodim,Sharkfin,GXP Diffuser,Brembo Brakes

Last edited by CntryClub007; 03-18-2010 at 11:16 AM.
post #18 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryClub007 View Post
JSG7377 - Do you want to get rid of the J-pipe that removes the drone-free aspect of the system? Or are you referring to your existing axle-back? Pretty sure you want to keep the adjustable j-pipe, as it is one of the most important components of Solo's systems.

I would think you could subtract the cost of your axle-back system from the cat-back system. It might require some custom fabrication in a muffler shop, but I believe V2 plus J includes the j-pipe system, you would need to get everything connected.
No I want to keep the Js, which is my current axle-back (unless I'm missing something here).

Pretty much i just want the Mach with the HF Cats... And as far as the custom fabrication I would go to Solo, which would save me some money on shipping too. Not to mention it would be getting it done right...

So do my current J's not connect to this kit properly? If so, that would be a bummer.
post #19 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsg7377 View Post
No I want to keep the Js, which is my current axle-back (unless I'm missing something here).

Pretty much i just want the Mach with the HF Cats... And as far as the custom fabrication I would go to Solo, which would save me some money on shipping too. Not to mention it would be getting it done right...

So do my current J's not connect to this kit properly? If so, that would be a bummer.
Jsg, I am a bit confused on what the actual setup you have now is. Call Jeff, the owner, at 905-703-1557. He will be able to point you in the right direction as to what can be done. The price includes the J pipes.

Last edited by GOINGSOLO2; 03-18-2010 at 12:04 PM.
post #20 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 12:02 PM

JSG - Your existing kit(axleback) is basically the last 3/4 of the overall exhaust, which I think you know. Just call Jeff and tell him I sent you lol...He will make sure everything turns out perfect, I can even tag along on the trip for a good time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page