SOLO Exhaust system Tips options - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Solo Performance

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Agose25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Frisco TX
Posts: 4,210
SOLO Exhaust system Tips options

SOLO owners...has anyone out there installed a different exhaust tip setup on their systems other than the standard dual tip in various sizes? I fell in love with the SLP tips back in April of 09 when I bought her... I am thinking about a refreshed new look in the back with the SOLO sound...research has led me to believe that the sound shouldnt change but an octave.




Agose25 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Senior Member
 
mi04se1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: White Lake, Mi
Posts: 2,286
I stayed with the stock tips.

8000K hid lows, GM 2-way remote, BT from 09.5, VIM, Rotofab rad cover, GXP fascia & diffuser, Inalfa sunroof
Rotofab CAI, VMS ecm/tcm 93 octane dyno tune, Mobil1, Solo Mach Shorty, Solo hfc's, Kooks 1 7/8 LT's
BMR subframe connectors, trans brace, diff bushings, subframe bushings, trailering arms
Summer rims/tires- 19X8.5 FR (245/40 Hankook), 19X9.5 rr (275/35 Hankook)
Winter tires/rims- 18X8.5 all the way around (245/40 Michelin)
339 WHP
mi04se1 is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Administrator
 
zepcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 10,244
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agose25 View Post
SOLO owners...has anyone out there installed a different exhaust tip setup on their systems other than the standard dual tip in various sizes? I fell in love with the SLP tips back in April of 09 when I bought her... I am thinking about a refreshed new look in the back with the SOLO sound...research has led me to believe that the sound shouldnt change but an octave.
SOLO offers an angled rectangular tip as a special order to any of their exhaust offerings. I believe RedRealRocket had them installed and posted pictures a while back., they're not beveled like the SOLO 3" or 3.5" tips, but they look nice. I can't find the thread that he posted back in April when he got the rectangular tips installed. Oh well.

I had the SLP (drone monster) GTX catback exhaust system installed on my 2001 Grand Prix GT (3800 V6) and it came with the trapezoidal rolled-edged tips; they really looked good.

I don't see why, if you purchase the SLP tips to complete the look, you couldn't have them welded onto the rear of a SOLO system.

Just don't go telling people that it's an SLP catback, because that wouldn't be right. lol


2009.1 ZEPCOM MGM G8 GT
Kooks LT's, SOLO HFC & Mach Unbalanced with J-pipes, SLP Tips.
Livernois tune, VCM, FE3's, full Holden blue gauges conversion, iphone on display. Daily Driver FTW
The ZEPCOM G8 was SOLO's test mule
www.youtube.com/zepcom

Bought 3/30/2009, retired 7/18/2017 at 136k miles, still strong. Been a great ride, she will be missed!
zepcom is offline  
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Agose25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Frisco TX
Posts: 4,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by zepcom View Post
SOLO offers an angled rectangular tip as a special order to any of their exhaust offerings. I believe RedRealRocket had them installed and posted pictures a while back., they're not beveled like the SOLO 3" or 3.5" tips, but they look nice. I can't find the thread that he posted back in April when he got the rectangular tips installed. Oh well.

I had the SLP (drone monster) GTX catback exhaust system installed on my 2001 Grand Prix GT (3800 V6) and it came with the trapezoidal rolled-edged tips; they really looked good.

I don't see why, if you purchase the SLP tips to complete the look, you couldn't have them welded onto the rear of a SOLO system.

Just don't go telling people that it's an SLP catback, because that wouldn't be right. lol
The word SLP will never leave my mouth...Im SOLO proud and will describe them as "Custom" tips

I will post pics on one of the Solo threads when complete...while I am in the muffler shop I will also be removing the resonators... This will give me an official straight pipe set up with NO drone....heaven!




Agose25 is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 07:13 AM
Administrator
 
zepcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 10,244
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agose25 View Post
The word SLP will never leave my mouth...Im SOLO proud and will describe them as "Custom" tips
Nice.

I do love those SLP "custom" tips too. This is what I had on my grand prix.



I think a few members on here have them as well, but they're mated to SLP "loudmouth" systems, and those surely drone crazy!


2009.1 ZEPCOM MGM G8 GT
Kooks LT's, SOLO HFC & Mach Unbalanced with J-pipes, SLP Tips.
Livernois tune, VCM, FE3's, full Holden blue gauges conversion, iphone on display. Daily Driver FTW
The ZEPCOM G8 was SOLO's test mule
www.youtube.com/zepcom

Bought 3/30/2009, retired 7/18/2017 at 136k miles, still strong. Been a great ride, she will be missed!
zepcom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome