Heard it for the first time today... - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Heard it for the first time today...

I've driven about 3,000 km since I had my Mach Balanced system installed, but I've only ever heard the car accelerate when I've been inside it. I'm addicted to standing behind the car, listening to it idle , but only today did my girlfriend get behind the wheel while I stood on the side of the road to listen. I told her to "give it pretty good", but not to the point of tire screeching (it is a residential neighbourhood, after all). WOW! The sound was amazing - definitely that of a modern musclecar, and plenty loud, IMO. An elderly Asian couple was nearly given a heart attack as the car powered up-hill past them ^_^.

Now I know what all of those average cars hear when I zoom past them. I'm kind of jealous of them LOL!

I'd love to hear what the popping sounds like on deceleration, from outside the car! Hmm, maybe a project for this weekend...

Thanks, Solo!

2009 G8 GT in MSM: no sunroof, no sport package, no leather... just the standard-equipment "yee haw"!

Mods: K&N air filter, AEM Brute Force short-ram, Solo Mach Balanced + HFCs + resonators, Livernois ECM/TCM tune(s), gorgeous wife mod
Other cars:
1996 Caprice Classic: dark cherry, LT1, B4U
1977 Mercury Cougar XR7: light jade metallic, rare 302/low-option Ontario car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 08:48 AM

I never heard mine from the outside under load. I want to so bad though.

8000K hid lows, GM 2-way remote, BT from 09.5, VIM, Rotofab rad cover, GXP fascia & diffuser, Inalfa sunroof
Rotofab CAI, VMS ecm/tcm 93 octane dyno tune, Mobil1, Solo Mach Shorty, Solo hfc's, Kooks 1 7/8 LT's
BMR subframe connectors, trans brace, diff bushings, subframe bushings, trailering arms
Summer rims/tires- 19X8.5 FR (245/40 Hankook), 19X9.5 rr (275/35 Hankook)
Winter tires/rims- 18X8.5 all the way around (245/40 Michelin)
339 WHP
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Knemo-schwine-aie-he-how

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi04se1 View Post
I never heard mine from the outside under load. I want to so bad though.
Comon, we've all got to have friends who will drive them for us. It really is a truly spectacular sound too. I've been behind a car running custom straight pipes... HOLLY ****. Id say that puts any other system to shame for sound volume and overall pants color.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 08:06 PM

Garage
i'm in the same boat, still never really heard my solo yet, besides from start-up/idle

Current: 2009.5 SBM G8 GT, Premium Package, Sunroof, Pat G. ECM/TCM Tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI, LS7/LS3 MAF, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, SOLO HFC's, SOLO Mach-Shorty Balanced Catback, SOLO 3.5" Tips, 19" Sport Package Wheels, GXP Steering Wheel, GXP Diffuser, Neondials, VG Sharkfin II, Debadged (Except Arrowheads), Hood-Vent Mod, Lower Grille Mod

Next: RCR Modified Intake Manifold, RCR Ported TB, Powerbond UDP, Suspension Upgrades

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowstrife View Post
Comon, we've all got to have friends who will drive them for us. It really is a truly spectacular sound too. I've been behind a car running custom straight pipes... HOLLY ****. Id say that puts any other system to shame for sound volume and overall pants color.
NOBODY DRIVES MY CAR! The only time I let a friend drive it was when I went to visit him in September. I wanted to get a video of the exhaust, but we ran out of time.

8000K hid lows, GM 2-way remote, BT from 09.5, VIM, Rotofab rad cover, GXP fascia & diffuser, Inalfa sunroof
Rotofab CAI, VMS ecm/tcm 93 octane dyno tune, Mobil1, Solo Mach Shorty, Solo hfc's, Kooks 1 7/8 LT's
BMR subframe connectors, trans brace, diff bushings, subframe bushings, trailering arms
Summer rims/tires- 19X8.5 FR (245/40 Hankook), 19X9.5 rr (275/35 Hankook)
Winter tires/rims- 18X8.5 all the way around (245/40 Michelin)
339 WHP
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Capital City G8

Just this past Tuesday I took my wife's Denali to take the kids to soccer practice. I didn't make it home in time to pick our youngest up from daycare so she took my G8 to pick him up. We just happened to be turning at the same light and I pulled in behind her. She gunned it a few times and created a permasmile on my face! This is actually the first time since purchasing my Solo system last February/March I've heard it while actually driving down the road. In one word, "Menacing"!!!!!!!!!!!!

Performance mods: Roto-Fab CAI, Rick Crawford head work, Rick Crawford Ported Intake Manifold, Kooks 1 7/8 LT's, Solo catted Mach Balance exhaust, 226/230 .598/.608 113+1 Cam, BMR complete bushing kit, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders caster, camber & toe adjustment kits, BMR Sway Bars, BMR Sway Bar End Links, Camaro Brembo's w/custom powder coating. [email protected] 1.78 60'
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 08:28 AM

I've never heard mine under load from outside the car either, I imagine it sounds amazing though. I should really let one of my friends drive it around the block one of these days, couple of people have driven my car, I was always in it though. I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers to take it for a spin.

2009 PBM G8 GT - Vararam CAI, Solo Mach Shorty Balanced Catback, Eibach lowering springs, BMR End Links and Front strut bushings, Hawk HPS brake pads, Russell SS brake lines, VMR V701 18x9.5 Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 Tires 275/40/18
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 11:58 AM

And oddly enough the same day I post that, I had to go pick up my Blazer from the shop so I let a friend of mine drive the G8 back home afterwards. Got to hear her pull it in my parking lot and just that sounded amazing, now I know exactly why people at work tell me how nice it sounds.

Of course, I did not like the sound of my friend backing it up off a curb so much...

2009 PBM G8 GT - Vararam CAI, Solo Mach Shorty Balanced Catback, Eibach lowering springs, BMR End Links and Front strut bushings, Hawk HPS brake pads, Russell SS brake lines, VMR V701 18x9.5 Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 Tires 275/40/18
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 07:37 AM
Site Sponsor

Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback everyone. We all have those moments when we just want to sit on the side of the road and listen to our car drive by! I did that once with my car, but I trusted my father at the wheel! Have a great day everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page