Plug-n-play SOLO HFC connection kit for Kooks LT Headers w/ existing SOLO catback - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Solo Performance

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Plug-n-play SOLO HFC connection kit for Kooks LT Headers w/ existing SOLO catback

Special thanks to StBlGT, there might be a new offering coming soon from solo.

StBlGT was at Mufflerman today getting his new Kooks LT's and SOLO HFC's installed to his existing mach shorty balanced catback, and the crew at SOLO might have come up with a new product offering.

If you already have a SOLO catback system, but want to jump to kooks long tube headers and new SOLO HFC's, this just might do the trick.
Plug and play "bolt up" hfc's that directly fit existing SOLO catback offerings to new kooks LT headers with new integrated SOLO HFC's.
Includes optional wideband o2 bung also!

Stay tuned for more info!

--zepcom

Sent from my tapatalk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1337889373249.jpg (40.6 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1337889428997.jpg (44.3 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1337889493808.jpg (37.7 KB, 173 views)

2009.1 ZEPCOM MGM G8 GT
Kooks LT's, SOLO HFC & Mach Unbalanced with J-pipes, SLP Tips.
Livernois tune, VCM, FE3's, full Holden blue gauges conversion, iphone on display. Daily Driver FTW
The ZEPCOM G8 was SOLO's test mule
www.youtube.com/zepcom

Bought 3/30/2009, retired 7/18/2017 at 136k miles, still strong. Been a great ride, she will be missed!

Last edited by zepcom; 05-24-2012 at 07:05 PM. Reason: formatting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-26-2012, 07:13 PM

Me likely!

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (#18 of 23 as optioned), MSM, 6M, Sunroof, Onyx/Red

2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829 (#37 of 68 as optioned), MSM, 6A, Sunroof, Onyx

2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, #555 of 2221

Forum junkie at the G8Board and "The G8 Forum That Shall Not Be Named"!
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-27-2012, 07:01 AM

Garage
this product is where it's at! it's a great product for those who aren't very close to the SOLO shop. can't beat plug-n-play!

i'm very glad to be a part of this. special thanks to SOLO and zepcom for making this happen. the SOLO guys really hit it out of the park with my car and i couldn't be happier. these guys really, and i mean really know their stuff.

Current: 2009.5 SBM G8 GT, Premium Package, Sunroof, Pat G. ECM/TCM Tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI, LS7/LS3 MAF, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, SOLO HFC's, SOLO Mach-Shorty Balanced Catback, SOLO 3.5" Tips, 19" Sport Package Wheels, GXP Steering Wheel, GXP Diffuser, Neondials, VG Sharkfin II, Debadged (Except Arrowheads), Hood-Vent Mod, Lower Grille Mod

Next: RCR Modified Intake Manifold, RCR Ported TB, Powerbond UDP, Suspension Upgrades

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-27-2012, 07:46 AM

Subscribed!
This may cure my only issue about not getting LT's!

Thanks guys!

2009 MSM GT G8
Sport/Premium
Onyx/Red

Kooks 1 7/8 Coated Headers, Solo Mach Shorty Catted.
Self Tuned via HPTuners.
Shine thanks to ADAMS.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Cross referencing to StBlGT's install thread with more pictures!

2009.1 ZEPCOM MGM G8 GT
Livernois tune, VCM, FE3's, full Holden blue gauges conversion, iphone on display. Daily Driver FTW
www.youtube.com/zepcom

Bought 3/30/2009, retired 7/18/2017 at 136k miles, still strong. Been a great ride, she will be missed!
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 11:29 AM

How about getting a non-catted connection pipe to go between the headers and a SOLO catback system? Shouldn't the measurements be the same just without cats?

'03 Evo VIII [email protected] stock internals/ECU/Tires-SOLD
'09 GT SBM
GO- Rotofab Intake, Kooks 1-7/8" LTH,, SOLO Mach Balanced Catback Exhaust, Powerbond Underdrive Pulley, PatG Tune
SUSPENSION- BC Racing Coilovers, BMR Rear LCA, Spohn Adj. Toe Links, Spohn Trailing Arms
SHOW
- 6k HID Headlights, LED Fogs, GXP Front Bumper & Rear Diffuser & CTS-V Rims
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 07:07 AM

I go away on vacation and come back to this! Well this just made my decision pretty easy!
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alextremetj View Post
Subscribed!
This may cure my only issue about not getting LT's!

Thanks guys!
You know you want LT's
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Site Sponsor

Hi Guys, We're so glad hat there is interest in the "bolt on" cats to the Kooks header set up. Thanks so much to Zep and STBigT for all your help. We are trying to work this into the production schedule and are working out a few minor things and we will be set to release this product in approximately 7 - 14 days. We will be able to offer this with both the 200 cell converters that you all are used to from us and also in a "catless" format too. Thanks so much for all your support!
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 01:14 PM

Since I already have SOLO HFCs & mach cat-back - would this benefit me or is it only for new cats with kooks LTs?

2009.1 MSM GT
Sport & Premium Packages

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 07:54 PM

Sweet! Just so I am clear, you will have a version that will connect straight from the Kooks LTH's to a SOLO catback without cats correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 View Post
Hi Guys, We're so glad hat there is interest in the "bolt on" cats to the Kooks header set up. Thanks so much to Zep and STBigT for all your help. We are trying to work this into the production schedule and are working out a few minor things and we will be set to release this product in approximately 7 - 14 days. We will be able to offer this with both the 200 cell converters that you all are used to from us and also in a "catless" format too. Thanks so much for all your support!

'09 GT SBM
GO- Rotofab Intake, Kooks 1-7/8" LTH,, SOLO Mach Balanced Catback Exhaust, Powerbond Underdrive Pulley, PatG Tune
SUSPENSION- BC Racing Coilovers, BMR Rear LCA, Spohn Adj. Toe Links, Spohn Trailing Arms
SHOW
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 08:32 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIevo View Post
Sweet! Just so I am clear, you will have a version that will connect straight from the Kooks LTH's to a SOLO catback without cats correct?
I purchased this catless connection set up 2 weeks ago and just installed it Sunday. It is easy and sounds great. I have to get an update on my tune and will post results immediately after.
Just need to make a small cut to join up the new section to your cat back
First impressions - LT's with my Solo Cat Back and no Cats - it's awesome.

Philip

St. Charles. Mo
2009.5 GT SBM Premium Sport Roof: Custom CAI, Kooks LT headers, Solo catless connection with v2 Cat back & J's, tuned by Shane.
1999 Chevy Silverado 5.3l, Victory Red
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 07:54 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
Since I already have SOLO HFCs & mach cat-back - would this benefit me or is it only for new cats with kooks LTs?

Yes the new product ( we’ll release very soon ) is only for Kook’s LT’s and the Solo Cat-Back exhausts. If you already have an existing Solo Cat-Back ( Mach or Mach-Shorty ( or the Balanced )) you can now purchase the Kook’s LT’s and since the Kook’s LT’s eliminate the stock converters we have a set of rear converters that all you have to do is cut our Cat Back system and then bolt the special new Solo design converters onto the Kook’s LT’s. This would give you new headers, new cats, and you could retain your old Solo exhaust.

We sell a Kook’s Catted Midpipe kit’s for the G8. This allows people with existing Solo systems to retro fit these new converters into the system and make it into our Kook’s Catted Midpipe kit.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 09:03 AM

Just so I understand - since I already have existing SOLO high-flo converters installed with my mach unbalanced cat-back, this will not work for me unless I purchase new converters - correct? Or would you recommend I visit an exhaust shop and get kooks LT custom fitted to my SOLO HFCs?

Thanks again

Quote:
Yes the new product ( we’ll release very soon ) is only for Kook’s LT’s and the Solo Cat-Back exhausts. If you already have an existing Solo Cat-Back ( Mach or Mach-Shorty ( or the Balanced )) you can now purchase the Kook’s LT’s and since the Kook’s LT’s eliminate the stock converters we have a set of rear converters that all you have to do is cut our Cat Back system and then bolt the special new Solo design converters onto the Kook’s LT’s. This would give you new headers, new cats, and you could retain your old Solo exhaust.

We sell a Kook’s Catted Midpipe kit’s for the G8. This allows people with existing Solo systems to retro fit these new converters into the system and make it into our Kook’s Catted Midpipe kit.

2009.1 MSM GT
Sport & Premium Packages

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 08:10 PM

I am thinking about getting the Kooks LTs. Do you have a video so we can hear what LTs, solo cats and solo catback sounds like? I have the loudest one... mach shorty I think its called?

2009.5 LR G8 GT Sport/Premium/Sunroof
Kooks Mids w/ HFCs / Solo Shorty / Roto-Fab / Pat G. Tune
FE3 / Eibach / Tint / GXP Diffuser / TRS HIDs / HID Fogs / Nurburgrings / LED Tails / Debadged
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 12:27 AM

Quote:

Just curious if you have installed pics of the non-catted version. How much of the exhaust do you have to "cut" and what kind of clams join the pieces together after it's cut.

'09 GT SBM
SHOW
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonvt View Post
I am thinking about getting the Kooks LTs. Do you have a video so we can hear what LTs, solo cats and solo catback sounds like? I have the loudest one... mach shorty I think its called?
I will dig through the collection, but I found that as compared to manifolds, the kooks LT's actually make "cruise or more gentile driving" even quieter than with factory engine manifolds. Go figure. But when you hammer down it sounds so much more amazing in every way.

Quote:
Just curious if you have installed pics of the non-catted version. How much of the exhaust do you have to "cut" and what kind of clams join the pieces together after it's cut.
I believe they're still developing the catless kit, but from what I've seen, any SOLO catback that is already on your car simply needs to be cut at a specific point a few inches back from the flange for this to work. There will be instructions and/or a template provided for "where to cut the catback" and it's only compatible with solo catbacks. For example, this would not be a solution to mate Kooks LT's and SOLO HFC's to the stock catback, for instance.

More information coming soon from SOLO.

So in summary:

This official product is still getting developed, and I'm not privy to all the intimate details, however, from what SOLO told me so far, more or less, will be offered under two different variations:

• Kooks LT's with SOLO HFC's "plug and cut" type kit, mark and sawzall existing mach or mach shorty catback in certain location and slip these on with clamps and done. Target user does NOT yet have HFC's but has (or is installing) Kooks LT's and already has solo catback.

• Kooks LT's and non-catted connection pipes. For some states that don't do strict emissions testing, these bypass cats and those following behind the car will smell rotten eggs due to the catalyst not doing their job because they're not present. Again, target audience is someone with stock cats who is adding headers and is planning on doing cats delete to mate to their existing mach or mach shorty catback.

2009.1 ZEPCOM MGM G8 GT
www.youtube.com/zepcom

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
I don't have any pictures at the moment....I usually do not get them until the product is finished, but as soon as I have some, I will post up...you will probably see it when the product is released in the release thread
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 01:06 PM
HPT Pro Tuner

Would this mid pipes bolt on to pacesetters collectors flanges and stock CB ? it seems they'll fit to the PS LT's from the collector portion just looking at ZEp's pics, and perhas a little modification in the CB portion would make them fit to the stock CB ?

Also, what would be the price on them ?

2012 Mustang GT, M6, 3.73's, Base/Brembo Package
3" H Pipe/Stock cats, Res!/3" pipes, Magnaflow 14419's AB, UPR Catch Can
HPTuners Pro v2.25 | Street Tuned

2010 Silverado 1500 LT Crew 5.3L
Magnaflow 14619, K&N Drop Filter, Airraid MIT, UPR Catch Can, American Outlaw Deputy 17x9, BFG 285/70/17 TKO, Bilstein 5100's
Hptuners 2.24 Pro / Street Tuned
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
I don't have any pictures at the moment....I usually do not get them until the product is finished, but as soon as I have some, I will post up...you will probably see it when the product is released in the release thread

Lol....anxiously awaiting the release thread then!

+1 on a price range. Only reason I haven't just gotten the Kooks X-pipes is I don't feel like forking over the $500+ for some pipes when I already have the Catbacks. Hopefully we are in the $200 or so range for them.

'09 GT SBM
SHOW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page