Love my SOLO ... looking for more! - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Solo Performance

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Love my SOLO ... looking for more!

So I installed the axleback kit for my otherwise stock GT ... absolutely love it. Not a single complaint anywhere.

I just watch youtube videos of guys who bought the full kit and find myself jealous. And I have friends with new 5.0's that have absolutely OBNOXIOUS loud exhausts, and my "classily loud" axleback kit kinda gets overlooked now haha.

I'm sure this probably has been asked before, but I can't find any threads on it ... can I possibly buy JUST the "mid-section" of the mach shorty unbalanced exhaust from you guys? That way its like I bought the full kit originally? (I assume the axleback portion is the same for all of the kits...)

Chad
2008 Pontiac G8 GT - 13.53 @ 103
1978 Chevy Malibu - 10.59 @ 125
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Garage
Axlebacks are just that, made to mate up to stock axleback locations.

SOLO Catbacks are a complete system from cats back, as in, it does not have the same connections as your axlebacks, by design.

You could sell your axlebacks on the forums and then step up to a solo catback, with optional SOLO HFC's, and even headers too. I have Kooks LT's, SOLO HFC's on their custom midpipe, and then a mach unbalanced behind that, and it's pure magic.

Good luck. No harm in getting the axlebacks first, they were the cheapest and proved the SOLO technology works. Catback is all that much better, trust me.

Good luck!

--zepcom

2009.1 ZEPCOM MGM G8 GT
Kooks LT's, SOLO HFC & Mach Unbalanced with J-pipes, SLP Tips.
Livernois tune, VCM, FE3's, full Holden blue gauges conversion, iphone on display. Daily Driver FTW
The ZEPCOM G8 was SOLO's test mule
www.youtube.com/zepcom

Bought 3/30/2009, retired 7/18/2017 at 136k miles, still strong. Been a great ride, she will be missed!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Site Sponsor

Catback kits will give you a more full exhaust note, and our high flow cats will give you a nice boost in power, deepen the tone, and add about 15% volume overall Many go with high flow cats and swear by them!!!

People also like the Kooks LT headers with our catted midpipe and catback combination...totally bolt up and sounds unreal!!!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 08:51 PM

I'll buy your solo axle backs if u want to upgrade to the catback setup
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Sounds like the holiday bundle is the deal for me! Steve, you'll be getting a call from me soon for sure. Thinking of going the hf cat and mach shorty route. With the big tips of course. Can't wait haha.

Just pulled off the axlebacks in preparation!

Chad
2008 Pontiac G8 GT - 13.53 @ 103
1978 Chevy Malibu - 10.59 @ 125

Last edited by Deja-Bu; 12-09-2012 at 09:24 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 08:40 AM
Site Sponsor

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 09:55 AM

Kooks LT headers, no cats, custom mid section, and Solo axle backs the car sounds fan-damn-tastic! Gotta get a mid muffler tho as it can be a tad too much at times.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Garage
why not upgrade to a solo catback, (with solo's X-pipe style mid-muffler) jackalope, and sell your axlebacks on the forum?

You'll love it!!

2009.1 ZEPCOM MGM G8 GT
Kooks LT's, SOLO HFC & Mach Unbalanced with J-pipes, SLP Tips.
Livernois tune, VCM, FE3's, full Holden blue gauges conversion, iphone on display. Daily Driver FTW
The ZEPCOM G8 was SOLO's test mule
www.youtube.com/zepcom

Bought 3/30/2009, retired 7/18/2017 at 136k miles, still strong. Been a great ride, she will be missed!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 12:50 PM

I like being able to change from the Solo axle backs to my stock mufflers when going on long road trips.

At tax time I'm having Mandrel Bending Solutions build me an exhaust system from the headers and retaining the flanged axle back set up like the stock system has. It'll have high flow cats, a Magnaflow X pipe mid muffler and be able to use any axle back that I want. Now I just need to figure out if I'm gonna go with 2.5 or 3 inch pipes.

Tho I'm always open to other ideas do you have a link Zep?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page