De-laminating windshield covered on warranty ? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

De-laminating windshield covered on warranty ?

Hi, I have a 09 V6 base purchased in Oct 2012. Vehicle is a certified pre-owned and also has GM extended warranty. I have noticed little signs of a de-laminating windshield. Is the de-laminating windshield covered under warranty ?

Thanks

2009 PSM LY7 SV6 Auto. Comfort & Sound Package, Sunroof, Full Tint. De-badged, Custom Emblems.
Retired UK Firefighter, now TX resident. EMT & Sports Photographer. Australian V8 Supercar fanatic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 05:49 PM

I responded to your PM.

William R.
GM Customer Care
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 10:03 PM

I had mine done under warranty so did Derrekprz and many other members, but its part of the 3 year 36,000 mile warranty.

However GM won't cover it after that regardless if it plays HUGE part in safety and regardless of how many others went bad. They like to play the BS game of that being part of the "old GM" and its problems where they're the "new GM" and not their problem. Ask any Chevy Impala owner whos had the rear tires ruined because of the problems with the rear LCA's that GM has already told them all to go screw themselves in court. But for SOME reason the "new GM" issued a fix for all the police versions of the Impala sold by the "old GM".

Just 1 more example why I wish they just went under and why I'll never buy another GM vehicle.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 04:57 PM
Charles

Had mine replaced last month. I was at 47K miles when it was done. Initially they would not cover it, the dealership or GM, even though I was still within the CPO B2B warranty.

Thanks to GMCustomerService (William R.), he was able to get the ball rolling on the issue and I ended up having to pay $200 out of the ~$1000 it cost. GM picked up the rest.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page