Timing chain cover seal leaking - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Timing chain cover seal leaking

Last Saturday I took my car in for an oil change at dealership where I bought it. It was GM certified so it came with free oil changes for 2 years or 30K miles. My car only has 33K in miles (bought it with 12K). When they were finished they stated that a seal in the timing chain cover was leaking and it would be cover under the powertrain warranty to fix. So today I took it in to be fixed. Just wondering if any other V6 owners had this issue? I'm glad they caught it because my powertrain warranty runs out in Feb 2014. Looking at the repair invoice (zero charge for all the work) they replaced a number of seals, changed the oil and filter again and replaced the coolant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-25-2013, 07:48 AM

Garage
i myself just found the same issue after pulling my starter last weekend. was is the seal on the passenger side? that is where mine seems to be coming from.

2008 Pontiac G8 GT White Hot - Solo Mach shorty Cat-back, Whiteline strut tower brace, HP tuners

Sold:
2009 Pontiac G8 Liquid Red 3.6L Premium Comfort and Sound Package
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-25-2013, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Dealership never really said exactly where the leak was and I didn't ask. Since it was 100% covered by warranty, I let them do the work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page