Can someone please help!. Engine Immobilized dash code?? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Black Widow

Can someone please help!. Engine Immobilized dash code??

Hey guys just joined the forum since I'm a v6 G8 owner we have limit to none options on most of our engine performance upgrades and add-ons. So, to make long story short I also joined since I see most of the members here try to look out for each other, so, with that being said I need help. Today my vehicle for the second time has went into Engine Immobilized mode, which I've read that is caused by someone trying to steal your precious, which haven't been the case in either case both times have happened at work once I turn it off it automatically does it, I don't know what sets it off or how to reset it but the first time it went away after disconnecting my battery for a day or half. If someone knows how to do a quick reset or something to change that, I'd appreciate the much need it help...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 05:58 PM

Mine turned on once cuz the battery connection was a bit loose
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 06:44 PM

Are saying that you have an engine immobilizer condition an *can not* crank/start the engine ? Or are you having a theft deterrent alarm condition happening, and you *can* crank/restart the engine ?

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPHERIT View Post
Are saying that you have an engine immobilizer condition an *can not* crank/start the engine ? Or are you having a theft deterrent alarm condition happening, and you *can* crank/restart the engine ?
Its currently giving me the "Engine Immobilized see dealer" and it wonk crank everything else electronic works just wont fire I recently added the tuned and a roto-fab cai I know the tune might give it some issue I was reading the other threads on a similar problem. I think,
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8chick View Post
Mine turned on once cuz the battery connection was a bit loose

How'd you get rid of the annoying ass problem. Tighten it back up, Im guessing. I tried doing the key reset thing but nothing yet. I currently disconnected the battery for a few hours already.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 09:24 PM

How long ago was the *last correct* ignition on/start/run/ignition off cycle ? Did you do anything unusual between that time (of the last good cycle), and that first failure that your posting here ? Does this same condition happen, using all of your ignition keys ?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Black Widow

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPHERIT View Post
How long ago was the *last correct* ignition on/start/run/ignition off cycle ? Did you do anything unusual between that time (of the last good cycle), and that first failure that your posting here ? Does this same condition happen, using all of your ignition keys ?
I only have one set since i lost my original its a dup from the dealer with current recall exchange not happy about it. What would cause the transmitter to stop functioning? That stop working before the dealer did the recall key switch a Roo
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 12:12 AM

Did your car start fine after the tune? What were the issue's you were having before? Did you have the recall key cylinder replaced already? Give us a time line of everything that has happened and that will help us figure out what is going on

2009 Panther Black Pontiac G8 V6
Performance: AIRAID Throttle Body Spacer, Roto-Fab Cold air intake, Pacesetter Headers, HFC, Solo Catback, Overkill Tune
Apperance: Chrome Camaro wheels, Quad-Projector Retrofit,35w HID fogs, V-LED led's all around
Sound System: Subs-Rockford Fosgate P3-2X12, Speakers-Rockford Fosgate P165, Amps-Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D and P600-4
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 04:01 AM
Les
OGOC Member

Garage
It just may need a relearn.
1-Turn key on for 10 mins
2-turn key off for 5 secs
Repeat this upto 4 times and it should be fine.

OGOC Member
2009.1 G8 SV6 Tuned.
Overkill Tune 3rd Gen.
GT Intake system
76mm Throttle body.
X-Pipe,Custom Axlebacks.
3/4" Intake Spacers.
GXP Front Clip,GXP Diffuser.
K&N CAI
Custom Rad Cover.
10" Pioneer Sub and Box.
And More....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Black Widow

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
It just may need a relearn.
1-Turn key on for 10 mins
2-turn key off for 5 secs
Repeat this upto 4 times and it should be fine.
Yeah, I've tried resetting it, I don't have the extra key to do it with both keys but nothing yet. Would that be a reason why it would set off that particular code, we all know how crappy the key fob they gave us. I bought one and on the first drop it broke on me again... And now they (dealership) replaced it with a cheaper looking one.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 09:16 AM
Les
OGOC Member

Garage
Hmm not to sure then.

OGOC Member
2009.1 G8 SV6 Tuned.
Overkill Tune 3rd Gen.
GT Intake system
76mm Throttle body.
X-Pipe,Custom Axlebacks.
3/4" Intake Spacers.
GXP Front Clip,GXP Diffuser.
K&N CAI
Custom Rad Cover.
10" Pioneer Sub and Box.
And More....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 07:04 PM

Garage
edit: Cleaned up Gopher's cross-ref'd response destined for another thread... carry on!

2009.1 ZEPCOM MGM G8 GT
Kooks LT's, SOLO HFC & Mach Unbalanced with J-pipes, SLP Tips.
Livernois tune, VCM, FE3's, full Holden blue gauges conversion, iphone on display. Daily Driver FTW
The ZEPCOM G8 was SOLO's test mule
www.youtube.com/zepcom

Bought 3/30/2009, retired 7/18/2017 at 136k miles, still strong. Been a great ride, she will be missed!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 07:38 PM

Just got back home. Thank you very much. I've got to pay more attention to what thread I'm monitoring, if trying to help with a problem.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015, 03:05 PM

*Maybe* the TDM has lost it's ability to maintain it's stored unique value (the learned key transponder code). You have to believe that one or more fault codes are recorded when this problem happens. Most likely the battery disconnect/reconnect action reset the circuit an probably canceled any codes recorded. It might require you to go to the GM dealer, and have them at least look at the system with their computer an see *if* that 10 min *Immobilizer System Component Programming* needs to be performed.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 06:13 AM

the problem is the key! Have you recently dropped it?
The spring-loaded mechanism in my blade key was not working so I ordered a Chinese-made $12 case (no electronics) with un-cut blade. It came in last night, I replaced the un-cut key with my factory key, to install the key I had to hit the key numerous times until it finally settle and I could insert the pin that holds it in place.
The car did not start this morning, ENGINE INMOBILIZED, all electronics worked but no crank, lucky I found the ugly-fixed key and that worked (I tried few more times switching keys, the same problem). I guess the actual key (metal) has a built in chip that probably went bad by hitting it.
Will be taking the switch-blade to the dealer (recall) I heard they will cut the key off the remote and will give you two other keys with remote.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
car not turning on , dash code , engine immobilized , reset

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page