Rear Seat Pass Through Lock - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By GOPHERIT

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Rear Seat Pass Through Lock

My kids pulled down the rear seat pass through today and the locking mechanism is stuck in the up position now.. i cant put the seat back up. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 02:22 PM

Testing mine, I see that the unlock latch (push down to release the seat back), stays in the pushed down position until the seat back is pushed back into its upright position. At that time the latch snaps back up to the flush/locked position. I pushed a straight slot screwdriver into the latch cavity. That released a trip lever and the latch popped back up to the lock position (which sounds like the current condition your in). I then pushed the latch back down (which latched *it* in the down, seat back release position), then slammed the the seat back to the locked upright position.up. At that time, the latch again returned to the up/flush position. Any chance you can push that latch button to see if it will lock in place in that down/unlocked position ? If you can, that seat back might then latch upright an return itself to its original glory.
GXP-G8 likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPHERIT View Post
Testing mine, I see that the unlock latch (push down to release the seat back), stays in the pushed down position until the seat back is pushed back into its upright position. At that time the latch snaps back up to the flush/locked position. I pushed a straight slot screwdriver into the latch cavity. That released a trip lever and the latch popped back up to the lock position (which sounds like the current condition your in). I then pushed the latch back down (which latched *it* in the down, seat back release position), then slammed the the seat back to the locked upright position.up. At that time, the latch again returned to the up/flush position. Any chance you can push that latch button to see if it will lock in place in that down/unlocked position ? If you can, that seat back might then latch upright an return itself to its original glory.
I just went out to my car and had to lever the lock mechanism down.. for some reason the push button isnt staying on the actual lock properly so pushing the button does nothing at all. This literally just started happening this morning.. i am going to try and get some needle nose pliers in there after work and maybe bend the arm so that it hits the lock correctly.

I may need to replace it.. any ideas how hard that is lol. i pulled the arm rest down and removed the fabric but it looks like a giant pain.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 03:28 PM

As luck would have it, they actually show you how to R&R that latch assembly in the seat back. Do to the way its written, it would be best to see the drawings along with those printed steps to have a good shot at it. There might be a member or two that can post the page dedicated to that job (words and drawings). That for sure would be the smartest way to go in trying to repair this. Its page 14-47 in the 09 service manual. If it looks like it cannot be repaired, they do show that the latch assembly can be had for about $56 plus the required added (this an that) from various GM sources, if you have to go this route. P/N 92197809
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
rear seat pass through

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page