PAce Performance vs GM dealership. The People's court ! - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

PAce Performance vs GM dealership. The People's court !

So, I bought a MAF from Pace 6/16. I test and find that ohms are weird and not normal off a few of the lead pins. I contact Pace. They tell me to take it to ANY GM dealership and they will replace. I call local Gm dealership. I told the parts Dept rep. what Pace had told me.. He laughed over the phone and said " Ya, that aint happening , thats NOT the way it works ". I call Pace and yer ANOTHER rep tells me that its a GM product and that ANY Dealership can handle the exchange since its a GM part.

Seems strange to think that just because its a GM part that GM will exchange. How many orders has Pace dealt with ????? Very weird.
The last rep stated that PACE is a dealership of sorts and thats why I can go to a different GM dealership to exchange... LOL And........ I really am laughing out loud ! What side do you vote for ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My 2009 - With the usual suspects. Incl. - Pat G.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 06:17 PM

I'd be sending it back to Pace.

09 WH GT
Sport/Premium
Onyx/Red
Rotofab CAI
Cortex 93 tune
20% tint

I just wanted one.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 06:18 PM

So you bought it in the future or almost a year ago?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

In the future...... Ha..... JUNE 2016 They say it has 1 yr warranty. Another option is to send it back for exchange. They will do this... Go figure.... I tossed the old one I had before this . Pat G couldn't get correct readings on the one before this one, said it was bad. Dang - Just realized I posted this in v6 forum.. MY BAD V6 guys !

Last edited by IcudahadaG8; 05-04-2017 at 09:25 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markmsf3 View Post
I'd be sending it back to Pace.
That's your answer.
I'm no GM shill but I'd refuse it too.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Ya, I thought it didnt make sense. But, I thought...... " am I missing something ". So, I tried - to no avail. Sometimes I wish I can put both parties on 3 way calling and listen to them hash it out. Then when the loser admits defeat, ask them : "what the hell were they thinking " !

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 09:57 PM

I was thinking Pace is run by a dealership of a different name. If you used that name, I think it would have been a smooth transaction the first time.

2009 SRM GT - Premium, Sport, Sunroof - HSV triple gauges and trim, HSV Supersport Red/Black Steering Wheel, GXP rear sway bar, GXP Diffuser, Rotofab, SOLO Axlebacks, Magnaflow Cats, Red Hot shift knob, Autodim mirror, Removed intake cover, Chrome lug nut covers, Infinity door speakers, 10" DVC RF Sub, Switchbacks, Slotted rotors & Braided stainless brake hoses, Cortex tuner

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 05:15 AM
every village has one

Never go wrong with Pace.

things are not as they appear to be.........

2009.5 LiquidRed/OnyxRed, Premium Package
e85 Surprise Package
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 06:27 AM

I would send it back to PACE they should make good on it,If not that is BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE on there end

Year:2008
color:ignition orange;interior black leather
option:comfort and sound;premium package
new:august 2008 original owner
mods:20%window tint,6k led headlights and led fog lights,X-pipe,k&n air filter,hawk hps front and rear brake pads with r1-concepts premium series brake rotors
slotted and crossed drilled:general g-max as-03 tires;dvd in both headrest from myron & davis;auto dimming mirror.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 08:25 AM

I agree with the rest, Pace should take it back and they can deal with GM. You should be able to return a defective product to the place you purchased it IMO.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 02:25 AM Thread Starter

I just ordered a brand new mass air flow sensor from Pace and they told me once I receive it to send the old one back. They said that they would credit my credit card.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 05:02 AM
every village has one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
I agree with the rest, Pace should take it back and they can deal with GM. You should be able to return a defective product to the place you purchased it IMO.
Agree also. Is is possible Pace was trying to make it convenient for you and had faith that a local dealer would help? Good luck with that.
I had an issue when I bought a new ECU to dump my locked one. For some reason, it wouldn't take the new tune. These cars are electrical nightmares and stuff happens. I talked with Pace and had a new vin matched unit NEXT DAY with a return ship tag for the old one.
Pace has been a butt saver on both boards, whether it's parts, interchanges, conversions, prices, and more.

things are not as they appear to be.........

2009.5 LiquidRed/OnyxRed, Premium Package
e85 Surprise Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page