The engine control module (ECM) learns the idle position of the throttle body to ensure the correct idle operation. Anytime the ECM or the throttle body is replaced, the ECM must learn the idle position. The engine idle may be unstable or a DTC may set if the idle position is not learned.
Conditions for Running the Idle Learn Procedure
- DTCs P0121, P0122, P0123, P0221, P0222, P0223, P0638, P2100, P2101, P2105, and P2119 are not set.
- The engine speed is less than 40 RPM.
- The vehicle speed is 0 km/h (0mph).
- The accelerator pedal position is less than 14.9 percent.
- The ignition 1 voltage is more than 10 volts.
- The engine coolant temperature is between 5-85 degree Celsius (41-185 degrees Fahrenheit).
- The intake air temperature is between 5-60 degrees Celsius (41-140 degrees Fahrenheit).
Idle Learn Procedure
- Ensure the above conditions are met before performing with this procedure.
- Do not perform this procedure if a throttle position (TP) sensor or other throttle actuator control (TAC) system DTCs are set other than P2176. The ECM will not perform the idle leanr procedure with a DTC set.
1. Turn OFF the ignition for 30 seconds.
2. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF for 60 seconds.
3. Turn OFF the ignition.
4. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
5. Clear the DTCs with a scan tool.
#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE
"Rather not run the risk of offending anyone, so let me just go ahead and offend someone". -PONY MAN
"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN