Pontiac G8 Forum banner

If you want a 2015 SS with Manual DON'T WAIT!

13K views 127 replies 32 participants last post by  MIEngineer 
#1 ·
Out of curiosity I did a little digging today to see how many manual transmission SS there are left out there. I was shocked by what I found! There are only 73 of them left in the entire US with a manual transmission. If you had your heart set on one in Alchemy Purple or Mystic Green, forget about it. They are all gone! The next two rare colors are Regal Peacock and Jungle Green. There are only 2 left of each color. Then comes Silver Ice with only 5 left. Then Some Like It Hot Red with 7 left. Then Red Hot and Perfect Blue with 11 left each. Then Herron White with 12 left. Lastly is Phantom Black with 23 left.

I am glad that the dealership that I work for, Bergstrom Chevrolet of Middleton (formerly Ballweg Chevrolet of Middleton, Approved Dealership on this forum), has one of those 11 Perfect Blue manuals with Sunroof. We also have 2 automatics left. One in Silver Ice (with sunroof) and one in Alchemy Purple (with Sunroof). If you are looking to get one of these cars and you can get to the Madison, WI area, I would love to help you out! We charge NO ADJUSTED DEALER MARKUP on our cars. This month during our Bergstrom 3000 sale we are pricing actively to make our company goal of selling 3000 cars this month. Call me at (608)512-8054 (cell) with any questions.

#2 ·
I did an updated search today because I noticed that a few more manual SS have slipped into dealer inventory since my last post. It's not really any bright picture. There are currently 77 manual SS in the country available for sale. New ones have rolled in, but they are selling them about as quick as more arrive. Here is the current breakdown by color:
Phantom Black - 30
Perfect Blue - 12
Heron White - 11
Red Hot - 10
Some Like It Hot Red - 5
Silver Ice - 5
Regal Peacock - 3
Alchemy Purple - 1
Jungle Green - 0
Mystic Green - 0

I'm curious how these numbers will look after the July 4 Holiday Weekend. Lots of dealerships around the country are running sales, and a lot of cars will likely get sold.

#12 ·
Sorry Jason, that comes down to the tax rate where you live, as well as costs and fees. These vary widely around the country, so it's hard to do this for you. I will provide what I can though. The cheapest Heron White Manual out there MSRPs for $46,740. It depends on the term for that 2%, but I calculated for 5 years, you would have a payment of about $819.25 (plus taxes & fees), for 6 years, you would have a payment of about $689.44 (plus taxes & fees). Remember that is for the cheapest one out there, and there is only 1. The rest are higher.

#9 ·
ive only seen 36 mnth

cant find the perfect blue man no sunroof , so guess i gotta wait for a 16

#11 ·
Sorry, no Perfect Blue, Manual, No Sunroof anywhere in GM dealerships.

#10 · (Edited)
Update on availability. Looks like a few more cars rolled into inventory, while a few more sold. There are now 73 left:

Regal Peacock - 3
Some Like It Hot Red - 11
Jungle Green - 0
Silver Ice - 7
Red Hot - 11
Phantom Black - 21
Heron White - 10
Perfect Blue - 10
Alchemy Purple - 0
Mystic Green - 0

#16 ·
I am still amazed I bought mine brand new for 20k even out the door back in 09. Sure it's no GXP or SS and I didn't figure inflation of 6 years in there either, but damn what a difference between a 50k investment and a 20k investment. Maybe that makes me respect the value of my stripper model GT a bit more.

#17 ·
Update Effective 7/21/15

76 Total

Regal Peacock - 3
Some Like It Hot Red - 10
Jungle Green - 0
Silver Ice - 7
Red Hot -10
Phantom Black - 24
Heron White - 11
Perfect Blue - 10 (we still have one of these for sale at my dealership)
Alchemy Purple - 0
Mystic Green - 1

#18 ·
Joe, I now were one Regal peacock is in MD, do the other 2 have sunroof and/or spares? Thanks.

#19 ·
According to GM, the 3 cars are located in IL, PA & VA. Are you sure the MD car is a manual transmission car? The IL & PA cars have sunroof & spare, the VA car has just spare.

#20 ·
Yes VA not MD my bad. I'll have to check out the other 2. Thanks

#21 ·
Update Effective 7/27/15

75 Total

Regal Peacock - 3
Jungle Green - 0
Silver Ice - 7
Red Hot -9
Phantom Black - 23
Heron White - 11
Perfect Blue - 10 (we still have one of these for sale at my dealership)
Alchemy Purple - 0
Mystic Green - 2

#24 · (Edited)
Update Effective 8/10/15

66 Total

Regal Peacock - 2
Some Like It Hot Red - 8
Jungle Green - 0
Silver Ice - 6
Red Hot - 9
Phantom Black - 28
Heron White - 6
Perfect Blue - 6 (we still have one of these for sale at my dealership)
Alchemy Purple - 0
Mystic Green - 1

#25 ·
Update Effective 8/13/15

73 Total, a couple more SS's have rolled in as others have sold

Regal Peacock - 1
Jungle Green - 0
Silver Ice - 6
Red Hot - 8
Phantom Black - 31
Heron White - 6
Perfect Blue - 8 (we still have one of these for sale at my dealership)
Alchemy Purple - 0
Mystic Green - 3

#26 ·
Ive got one of the Some like it Hot reds! Haha
Also, one of those manual Jungle Greens is 1 of 1. It is the only Jungle Green Chevy SS in the whole country that has no sunroof, has a spare tire, and is a manual. Next rarest color is Alchemy Purple. I hope whoever has that Jungle Green unicorn knows what they have.

#27 ·
It's too bad that I didn't have the money/need to add an SS to the stable. I would have custom ordered one of those rare cars. I don't like sunroofs, I have to have a manual, and I drive the car, so I would want a spare tire. I like the unusual colors, and would have preferred Some Like It Hot Red, Jungle Green, Alchemy Purple, or Regal Peacock in that order.

#28 ·
I like the unusual colors, and would have preferred Some Like It Hot Red, Jungle Green, Alchemy Purple, or Regal Peacock in that order.
I finally saw a Some Like It Hot Red SS last weekend (at a small Chevy Dealer in the middle of nowhere Minnesota, of all places). By far my favorite color of any G8 or SS. Gorgeous color.

#29 ·
Update Effective 8/17/15

73 Total, a couple more SS's have rolled in as others have sold

Regal Peacock - 1
Jungle Green - 0
Silver Ice - 6
Red Hot - 9
Phantom Black - 30
Heron White - 8
Perfect Blue - 6 (we still have one of these for sale at my dealership)
Alchemy Purple - 0
Mystic Green - 3

#30 ·
Update Effective 8/20/15

75 Total, a couple more SS's have rolled in as others have sold

Regal Peacock - 1
Some Like It Hot Red - 9
Jungle Green - 0
Silver Ice - 5
Red Hot - 10
Phantom Black - 32
Heron White - 8
Perfect Blue - 7 (we still have one of these for sale at my dealership)
Alchemy Purple - 0
Mystic Green - 3

#31 ·
Just out of curiosity, where is the last Royal Peacock car left? I REAAALLYY had my heart set on an RPG manual before I got my G8...

#33 ·
Bob Grimm Chevrolet in Morton, IL. If it hasn't been sold yet. I know of at least one other person ready to buy who wants this car.

#34 ·
Yes, there will be a 2016 version. Dealers can already order them, with production beginning in October IIRC. We just don't have official pricing or pictures released yet.

#35 ·
Update Effective 8/24/15

80 Total, a couple more SS's have rolled in as others have sold

Regal Peacock - 1
Some Like It Hot Red - 8
Jungle Green - 1
Silver Ice - 5
Red Hot - 10
Phantom Black - 37
Heron White - 7
Perfect Blue - 8 (we still have one of these for sale at my dealership)
Alchemy Purple - 0
Mystic Green - 3

#36 ·
Haven't seen 2016 in any magazines. Any new on changes? Any chance of a LT1?

#37 ·
never a chance on the LT1 , there is some changes but pictures havent been put out yet

waiting for for holdens pressrelease on the VFII's

the 16's do get dual mode exhaust , vents in the hood , NO cd player or aux in

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.