Modding G8's with SS parts...BEGIN! - Page 3 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
The Chevrolet SS The place for discussion of the "Chevrolet SS" with the people you know from g8board.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup070 View Post
Here's another set, you can see the difference in the width with them all side by side.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/19-inch-G...item3a7c3fd0bc
I just bought these.

09 G8GT SwitchBlade Silver/Sunroof:
SSV Z-Series ll rims (Chevy SS rims), GXP rear diffuser, Chrome G8 gas cap cover, Console sliding leather lid, Holden Engine Covers, Intake cover delete, Automatic dimming mirror, Holden VE Onyx Leather Sports Steering Wheel, SLP spoiler

RotoFab CAI, HSRK, MagnaFlow cat back, Kooks 1 7/8 mids w/HFC, GXP Brembos with drilled rotors, VMS Stage 2 tuned, Mobil 1
60'-1.954 1/4-12.753 @ 109.42mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
I'm wondering if I can put a G8 hood and quad exhaust on a new SS.
On a similar line of thinking, I was going to say, what about G8 parts on an SS. I wouldn't mind the new tech and interior, but certainly would keep the G8 GXP exterior components and wheels.

White Hot, Onyx/Red, M6, Sunroof (#431/1829)
Doug Thorely long tubes, Vararam intake, EFILive tuned.
post #43 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 09:59 PM
Meet The Lion

I definitely want those spiffy seats!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JBA Longtube Headers, no cats, Roto-Fab CAI, true dual into Magnaflow axlebacks, BMR sways, 09+ CTSV brakes all around, stop tech sport slotted cryo treated rotors, BC Racing Coilovers, Haddad Motorsports Dyno and tranny tune, 375 RWHP

Show: De-badged, CTSV Sedan wheels, Black Billet Grille, Chrome trim delete, GXP diffuser, Spec D headlights, Roto Fab radiator cover, Chenry motorsports front splitter.

post #44 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackslider View Post
On a similar line of thinking, I was going to say, what about G8 parts on an SS. I wouldn't mind the new tech and interior, but certainly would keep the G8 GXP exterior components and wheels.
yeah,also along the same line of thinking I was even fantasizing in the next couple years picking up a wrecked ss striping down my gt and transplanting the interior, electronics and powertrain from the ss..... call it a project, yeah
..heh.

2008 IOM G8 GT, Vararam OTR - Pypes Violator axle Back - Cortex tuned - 2010 Camaro SS/RS 20's - GXP Fascia & rear Diffuser ONLY, Holden VE Commodore Sv6 Wing
post #45 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackslider View Post
Why add weight to the car? Most of us are concerned about reducing weight, and your going to take the aluminum hood and decklid off and put steel parts back on?

2018 Red Quartz Tintcoat GMC Sierra 1500 Denali Ultimate
2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/3/18*
2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Sold 7/7/16*
2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT *Sold 6/11/14*
post #46 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 02:44 PM

You can probably get away with putting the fenders, fascia and hood(get the carbon fiber one) from a G8 onto the SS, but from looking at the rear quarter and deck lid.... where the beltline goes into the rear tail lamp has a different contour then our G8...so that entire side panel/door frame sheet metal is different.

2008 IOM G8 GT, Vararam OTR - Pypes Violator axle Back - Cortex tuned - 2010 Camaro SS/RS 20's - GXP Fascia & rear Diffuser ONLY, Holden VE Commodore Sv6 Wing
post #47 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 10:37 PM

what about the radio head unit? swapable?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Current Toys:
2009.5 PBM G8 GT
Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, AFR Intake, HP Tune by "OBSSSD", Magnaflow Catback

Intake/Cortex: [email protected]
Headers/Catback/Tune: TBD

in garage..
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa [email protected]
post #48 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARALYZER View Post
Excellent question. I doubt it but that would be awesome if it could.

2009 Liquid Red G8 GT Sold!!!

Current: 2013 Camaro ZL1
post #49 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-02-2013, 01:58 PM

shark fin antenna should be a direct replacement at least physically. function, ie # of connectors could be different...

post #50 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 12:23 PM
Move over >

so does anyone know??

The seats, i'm sure they are the same bolt pattern. but are the connectors going to be an easy swap? i saw something about memory seats, i am assuming the whole harness for this would need to be swapped... i just want the power recline feature...

-hood vent mod
-camaro trans pan n filter
-removed engine cover
-drilled front rotorpro rotors
-tinted tails and front yak emblem
-Spare set of 19" GT rims
-custom interior trim
-rare roof rack
-smoked side markers

-New steering wheel to install
-New all black cupholders and shifter shaft to install
-Android[/COLOR] installed]
- Mobil 1 synthetic

I love my MGM G8 GT
post #51 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtroom19 View Post
The one with the sunroof looks the same to me.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/.../photo_01.html
Yes, but the button(s) that control the sunroof are definitely different. No stupid rotary dial that you have to hold down constantly (on the 09.5s, anyway). If nothing else, perhaps the sunroof controls will swap over.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2009 Silver GXP M6 - TVS 2300, Solo HFCs/axle-back, New Era CAI, LSR shifter, Russell SS brake lines, Pedders subframe bushings/front strut bushings, BMR diff bushings, Tune by Reckart Performance Tuning, ZL1 fuel pump, GForce axles, Monster LT1-S clutch
CAI - 358 rwhp 364 rwtq (Dynapack hub dyno) ; 13.76 @ 104.7mph (~2800 ft DA)
2300/HFCs - 516 rwhp 501 rwtq (Dynapack hub dyno)
post #52 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

It's too bad they didn't switch to black window trim. Maybe they will. Something else I wish was standard on both.
post #53 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 11:52 AM
BMV

I want the Seats, wheels, HUD, and of course the LS3 (or LSA)! Wouldn't mind the all glass no frame onstar rear view mirror! It looks cool and doesn't take up so much space!

2008 MGM G8 GT
post #54 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

I didn't even notice the mirror. I know the latest Camaros use a frameless mirror. MAYBE this one will be plug n play.
post #55 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 01:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PARALYZER View Post
JHP has a upfit radio conversion for the g8, so "yes", in a way. No nav option, but it's a start...

But retrofitting other bits from the global A platform to the VE other than via the link above would most likely be a nightmare, such that any dreams of HUD, IPC swap, or self-park-g8's or other electrical enhancements would be nearly impossible.

2009.1 ZEPCOM MGM G8 GT
Kooks LT's, SOLO HFC & Mach Unbalanced with J-pipes, SLP Tips.
Livernois tune, VCM, FE3's, full Holden blue gauges conversion, iphone on display. Daily Driver FTW
The ZEPCOM G8 was SOLO's test mule
www.youtube.com/zepcom

Bought 3/30/2009, retired 7/18/2017 at 136k miles, still strong. Been a great ride, she will be missed!
post #56 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 06:46 PM
I maek mah avitar :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMV View Post
I want the Seats, wheels, HUD, and of course the LS3 (or LSA)! Wouldn't mind the all glass no frame onstar rear view mirror! It looks cool and doesn't take up so much space!
You can get the wheels right now as genuine or replicas. They've been out for a while now.

Plastiderp
post #57 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 09:48 PM

We just took delivery of the first couple at my dealership. After a quick drive and putting it on a lift, I gotta say, not a bad update on the Holden, too bad its a Chevy. As for parts that transfer over, the headliner and dome lamps sure, seats yes, center console lid yes, rear seat yes, the trans is the same and the shifter just adds a boot. The LS3 is a direct swap, air intake and cover, brake booster, master cylinder are the same. The underhood fuse block is different. The exhaust has a H-pipe in it right after the cat but before the mid pipe resonator. The mufflers are the same but with a single tip on each. Brembos are only on the front but no issues swapping. Our suspension on the G8 is an FE2 while the SS is an FE3, so some minor upgrades but looks all the same. Sheet metal outside is obvioulsy all different so only way that is being swapped is doing the whole front or rear. No we can not put the HUD, radio, cluster or any other interior module in the car, not compatible operating system or communication. Dash no, inside door panels not without the dash since the mate up. And we loose the the memory seat if putting it all in. Granted I could be wrong about what will and won't transfer over. Haven't gotten a in depth look, but since I have access to GM Service Information website I can get a lot of info if needed.
post #58 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8GT989 View Post
As for parts that transfer over, ... center console lid yes,
Tell us more, is it leather, is it a slider?

Need Wheels or Tires? I can help.
09 MGM GT 1SD With Roof. Sold
09 PSM G8 GXP M6 (1 of 9)SOLD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #59 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 10:45 AM
JTW
You've got mail, YAAAAY!

If the seats bolt directly onto the G8 track (which they should), I will be upgrading.

2009 GT: MSM, Sunroof Delete, Onyx/Red, Sport/Premium
Original owner and proud of it!
1987 Porsche 911 M491 Turbo Body Carrera Cabriolet
1971 Dodge Charger 500, 383 #s matching
Go:
Rotofab CAI, Solo Axle-Back
X-Pipe, Cortex 93 tune with Rotofab ad-on
Hawk performance brake pads
post #60 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Not a bad list. Some of the big stuff sucks but, ya never know. Techno geeks have been finding a way to get sh*t done for decades.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page