Offset Reference Ranges - "Will it Fit?"
I scoured both Boards and analyzed dozens of threads and hundreds of posts to compile a list of wheel offsets based on rim width that seem to be working for people. Looking for larger and/or wider wheels & tires myself, I know how challenging this can be.
I was able to find 30-40 posts that mention complete wheel & tire measurements and had photos. I did not include anything where the pictures looked like the tires sat at or outside of the fenders. I eliminated almost every mention of fitments that rub, except where I note it.
Now, when I look for wheels, depending on the rim width I'm looking at, I can see if the offset I'm looking at falls into a generally accepted range that has been proven by other members.
Hopefully others will find this useful. All offsets are +
8" 35-48 Stock is +48 (18" & 19")
8.5" 30-45 Majority are running 35-40.
9" 38-51 Majority are running 38.
Stock is 245/45-18 or 245/40-19 Front and Rear.
245 & 255 are most common. Even 265. Now 275. Some have tried 285.
45-18 and 40-19 are common.
275/35-19 on 19x9.5 w/+40 offset or +35 w/5mm spacer
8" 48 Stock is +48 (18" & 19")
9.5" 35-57 Majority are 42-45
10" 40-55 Majority are 45, also 20x10 +60 with a 295/30-20 tucked and did not rub!
10.5" 46-47 50 seen now too.
275 & 285 are most common; up to 305 on lowered vehicle which required cutting & rolling.
40-18 and 35-19 are common.
305/30-19 (cutting & rolling)
295/30-20 (tested only on 20x10 +60 so far - no cutting or rolling and it tucked)
If anyone has any additional known fitments that do not cause rubbing issues OR if anyone sees any mistakes in here, please let me know and I'll add/change/delete to this list.
Warning: I can't guarantee these fitments - they are only as good as the person who posted the result and my interpretation of the pictures...
Approx. Measurements which might be helpful when looking at larger rear wheels & tires:
- Inner Wheel Well Wall to Wheel Mounting Surface = 8.715"
- Shock Bump-Out to Wheel Mounting Surface = 8.215"
- Inner Wheel Well Wall to OS Edge Fender = 12.75" = 324mm
- Shock Bump-Out to OS Edge Fender = 12.244" = 311mm
- Inner Wheel Well Wall to OS Edge Fender Minus a .125" Rolled-up Flat Lip = 12.625"
- Shock Bump-Out to Rolled-up Flat Lip = 12.125"
- Shock Bump-Out Plus extra .125" Clearance to Rolled-up Flat Lip = 12.000"
- Inner Wheel Well Wall to IS Edge of Non-Rolled Lip = 11.875"
- Shock Bump-Out to IS Edge of Non-Rolled Lip = 11.375"
- Shock Bump-Out Plus extra .125" Clearance to IS Edge of Non-Rolled Lip = 11.25"
2009 GT, Kooks 1-7/8 Mids, RPM Tune, Borla, Vararam, HSRK, P&P TB, UPR CCan, Mobil 1, Speedhut Gauges, FE3, Whiteline, Pedders, Summer MRR on 255/295, Winter Beyern on 245, CTS-V Fr Brembos, SS Rotors, Akebono Pads, Rolled/Pulled Fndrs, BMR Sways, Spohn Links & Arms, Sprt Pedals, Pont Shifter, Camaro Trans Pan, Pont Mats, Glove Box Light, MSM Lower Grills, CF Tail, GXP Diff, VG Fin, 20% Tint, 6000K HIDs, LED Fogs, GrafxWerks, Black Trim/Mirrors/Grills, Diffusr Lens/Amber Lens/Lowr Tails Tint
Last edited by SpeedRacerX; 01-02-2014 at 10:35 PM.