We Are Moving! - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Community Help Post any questions, concerns, and issues you are having with the site that need to be resolved.

16Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
We Are Moving!

Dear G8Board Community Members,
Over the past year, there have been updates to your community environment that have introduced challenges in usability and performance. We sincerely apologize if you have been negatively impacted. Efforts to improve the technology, user interface and site performance has revealed weaknesses in the platform and outdated software on the site. Once we started looking at how to address these issues, it became clear that we needed to determine how to fix the underlying problems.
We needed to improve user experience, site speed, and overall performance, all while providing a secure environment for you to interact with your community. For the past few months, we have been actively seeking a resolution to these issues.

We are excited to announce that we are upgrading your site!! We have been working with a design and product development team that has enhanced Xenforo software to provide a modern and much better-performing platform. Our goal is to deliver an experience that better fits the current and growing long term needs of your community.
The new platform is designed for efficiency, stability, and to be user-friendly across all devices, including mobile. More time can be spent engaging, sharing, and contributing to your favorite community no matter where you are!
This is just the first stage of the new platform and we look forward to hearing your feedback as we make regular and timely improvements.
Thank you for all your support!
~ Community Support
ekt8750 likes this.

If you need Admin support please post here:

https://www.g8board.com/forums/172-g...e-issue-forum/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 02:43 PM

Hopefully, the random spam posts and thread generating will be addressed as well.
yutzybrian, ebg8gt and ekt8750 like this.

#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE

"Rather not run the risk of offending anyone, so let me just go ahead and offend someone". -PONY MAN

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN

post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 01:22 PM

I hope it does not turn in one of those confusing sites. Way too many forums want to be cool and edgy, turns out in a quagmire of hidden functionalities.

Simple is elegant, and I favor the Full Size old school view of the Bullentin Boards. The Mobile View is way too complicated and eats way too much real estate.
GJD5 and jrevans like this.

US Army Retired 1986~2008

Fortune Favors The Bold

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 06:34 PM

Nobody likes the Xenforo user experience. Please don't. I hate it.
Richard Craneum likes this.

2009 SRM GT - Premium, Sport, Sunroof - HSV triple gauges and trim, HSV Supersport Red/Black Steering Wheel, GXP rear sway bar, GXP Diffuser, Rotofab, SOLO Axlebacks, Magnaflow Cats, Red Hot shift knob, Autodim mirror, Removed intake cover, Chrome lug nut covers, Infinity door speakers, 10" DVC RF Sub, Switchbacks, Slotted rotors & Braided stainless brake hoses, Cortex tuner

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Wikoff View Post
Same here... is a very complicated interface. Please, do not change for the sake of changing because is "pretty".

Fortune Favors The Bold
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 02:52 PM

They changed the Chrysler minivan page to it. It's not intuitive, posts and ads run together, signatures are limited to almost nothing, and only show up when my phone is in landscape for some reason. It's just plain not inviting.

2009 SRM GT - Premium, Sport, Sunroof - HSV triple gauges and trim, HSV Supersport Red/Black Steering Wheel, GXP rear sway bar, GXP Diffuser, Rotofab, SOLO Axlebacks, Magnaflow Cats, Red Hot shift knob, Autodim mirror, Removed intake cover, Chrome lug nut covers, Infinity door speakers, 10" DVC RF Sub, Switchbacks, Slotted rotors & Braided stainless brake hoses, Cortex tuner

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 11:28 AM

this is the end.

my only friend, the end.

2009.5 G8GT Premium OnyxRed Interior
corsa catback, vararam intake, cortex tune
custom audio, sharksfin, HIDs, LED Fogs, 20" MRR GT1's, Kayhan headunit
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Unread 08-13-2019, 07:29 PM

I see no point in changing the forum. I have a say... Do not fix some that is not broke.
Rufas and Carpoor like this.

Fortune Favors The Bold
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Unread 08-14-2019, 07:34 AM

Ah, don't waste anymore time on this. The change is going to happen regardless what the users want. It's a business decision that has been made months ago.
GXP25 likes this.

9.5 RPM (Red Passion Metallic) Sport /Premium
ICOM 208H
"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."- unknown

All it takes is a little imagination, some mechanical ability, and neighbors who mind their own business. -red green

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Unread 08-14-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMG8 View Post
Ah, don't waste anymore time on this. The change is going to happen regardless what the users want. It's a business decision that has been made months ago.
of course, but there is maybe a dozen or so active members here. I've seen software shifts be the final nail in a coffin. So it's good to voice your opinion ahead of time so you can say "i told you so"

lol
Richard Craneum likes this.

post #11 of 32 (permalink) Unread 08-14-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belo View Post
of course, but there is maybe a dozen or so active members here. I've seen software shifts be the final nail in a coffin. So it's good to voice your opinion ahead of time so you can say "i told you so"

lol
Seen that too and/or decline on participation. There is another forum that I used to frequent that went to XenForo. Not much any more, I think I posted like 3 times on the past 6 months. Is a royal pain to use and I have no patience or desire to find what I want.

Anyway, good luck with the new web design.

Fortune Favors The Bold
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Unread 08-15-2019, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Wikoff View Post
Are there any specific reasons that explain why they don't like it?

Lee

If you need Admin support please post here:

https://www.g8board.com/forums/172-g...e-issue-forum/
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Unread 08-15-2019, 09:59 AM

In my opinion, is not easy to use and is not that "cool". Gives little info and takes too much real state.

On this forum, I like the Classic View. I do not mind to zoom in on the areas that I want to look. The idea of going through shoots and ladders is tiresome.

But that is my opinion.

Fortune Favors The Bold
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Unread 08-15-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Are there any specific reasons that explain why they don't like it?

Lee
Check out this thread from another forum. Lots of complaints there. My thoughts are: things that were once self explanatory to find, like one's own posts/threads, new posts, knowing who posted last in a thread before opening it from the posts list, etc, are no longer intuitive to find. They are under a button that doesn't make visual sense, or under a different heading that doesn't clue me in that they are there, or just plain aren't available. Advanced search is nowhere to be found. When scrolling through posts in a thread, it is harder to tell where one post stops and the signature or another post begins. Ads in threads between posts look too much like the posts themselves. When on my phone, signatures only show up while in landscape mode, and are locked down to only 3 lines and no pics. Pre-existing signatures are left alone, but if I try to make any changes to it, the new rules will be enforced. Things are more organized by "what's trending" instead of "what's new" so it is easier to overlook something new that just hasn't gotten much attention yet. There are fewer and weaker borders between posts, ads, and other things, so things feel like they are floating in a cluster and it's harder to quickly key-in on something in particular that you're looking for, like a certain post or whatever.

https://www.chryslerminivan.net/thre...9#post-1707460

post #15 of 32 (permalink) Unread 08-15-2019, 11:18 AM

Well said, +1 to that.

My question is, why the change?

Fortune Favors The Bold
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Unread 08-15-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Craneum View Post
Well said, +1 to that.

agreed. I've always liked the layout of this board. It's probably the main reason i suck around here and not the splinter forum.

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Unread 08-15-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Craneum View Post
Well said, +1 to that.

I wager $$$.
New format allows more intrusive advertising.
Lower backend licensing fees
Lower mainatnce with common formats for all boards

But, let's wait to hear the spin from the mod -

9.5 RPM (Red Passion Metallic) Sport /Premium
ICOM 208H
"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."- unknown

All it takes is a little imagination, some mechanical ability, and neighbors who mind their own business. -red green

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Unread 08-15-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belo View Post
...It's probably the main reason i suck around here and not the splinter forum.
Presume you meant to type stuck versus suck.

#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE

"Rather not run the risk of offending anyone, so let me just go ahead and offend someone". -PONY MAN

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Unread 08-15-2019, 07:46 PM
Slowly gaining acceptance

I"m assuming the change is to take the forum to a primary mobile platform and interface, instead of having a desktop format and a separate mobile platform. The world is moving to mobile. There is way too much white space on that Chrysler minivan forum, until you look at it on your phone in portrait mode.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Unread 08-15-2019, 09:01 PM

I visit that forum on my phone and my computer. I don't like it on either. There is no user benefit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in