upgrade 2009 to 2009.5? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Smile upgrade 2009 to 2009.5?

Hi everyone, i have a 2009 and im wondering if its possible to upgrade it to a 2009.5....like id like the bluetooth and the auto sunroof...thats mainly what i want, can this be done?

my mechanic said he thinks the bluetooth may work with a radio software update but i have no idea.

any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 02:38 PM

The BT is as easy as getting a new box that mounts under your rear deck lid from a 2009.5 or another model of car. People do it all the time.

Auto Sunroof? Explain!

The other change would be your rear seat bottom. It has a cup holder that comes out of the middle of it.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 03:27 PM

Pegasus442,

Here is a link to check the Bluetooth compatibility in your vehicle through the OnStar system : http://*******/10XAM43. For any additional Bluetooth questions, you can contact the GM Infotainment Customer Assistance line at 855-440-0400. I hope this helps!

-Johnua, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 06:55 PM
Silver Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gasem View Post
The BT is as easy as getting a new box that mounts under your rear deck lid from a 2009.5 or another model of car. People do it all the time.

Auto Sunroof? Explain!

The other change would be your rear seat bottom. It has a cup holder that comes out of the middle of it.
I had zero idea it was that easy on the BT. Thanks for the info!

'09 | Pat G tune| Spectre CAI w/HSRK | Coated pacesetters x'd to flowmaster 40s w/SLP tips | 20" TSW | 7k/12k Coilovers | acdelco blanks w/ EBC red pads | GXP Diffuser | 15% tint| Xenon Headlights

'13 FR-S - not stock

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 07:01 PM
Move over >

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnStar Advisor View Post
Pegasus442,

Here is a link to check the Bluetooth compatibility in your vehicle through the OnStar system : http://*******/10XAM43. For any additional Bluetooth questions, you can contact the GM Infotainment Customer Assistance line at 855-440-0400. I hope this helps!

-Johnua, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team
Johnua, thanks for trying... but again PONTIAC IS NOT ON THE SITE
you have to call them, which will be a waste of your time.
you dont have bluetooth, like 4gaesm said you need to but a different onstar module. they pop up on ebay and on the fs threads here once in a blue moon, expect to pay 250-400 for it.

-hood vent mod
-camaro trans pan n filter
-removed engine cover
-drilled front rotorpro rotors
-tinted tails and front yak emblem
-Spare set of 19" GT rims
-custom interior trim
-rare roof rack
-smoked side markers

-New steering wheel to install
-New all black cupholders and shifter shaft to install
-Android[/COLOR] installed]
- Mobil 1 synthetic

I love my MGM G8 GT
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 07:03 PM
Move over >

Here:
https://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53412

these are the ones that work.

-hood vent mod
-removed engine cover
-custom interior trim
-rare roof rack
-smoked side markers

- Mobil 1 synthetic

I love my MGM G8 GT
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 07:04 PM
Move over >

as far as the sunroof goes. i think you have it backwards. i think you ended up with the one you have to push and hold. you want the one where you just turn the knob and it goes right? if so thats the older one.

-hood vent mod
-removed engine cover
-custom interior trim
-rare roof rack
-smoked side markers

- Mobil 1 synthetic

I love my MGM G8 GT
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 08:06 PM
Dru

Yeah wish mine was pre 09.5 strange midyear model change
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 06:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gasem View Post

Auto Sunroof? Explain!

yeah i read that theres an auto sunroof where it goes to its last position when you start the car and auto closes when you turn the car off.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivie-G8 View Post
Here:
https://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53412

these are the ones that work.
so is this a plug and play module, or do i plug it in than need to call onstar for it to work?
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnStar Advisor View Post
Pegasus442,

-Johnua, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team
if i call the number can i order a Bluetooth module for my car through you?
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 07:49 AM

So if I find a 2009.5 in a junkyard per say-I could just tear that OnStar box out and put it in mine and the Bluetooth would work? Or would I have to pay a GM dealer to reprogram?
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCG8 View Post
So if I find a 2009.5 in a junkyard per say-I could just tear that OnStar box out and put it in mine and the Bluetooth would work? Or would I have to pay a GM dealer to reprogram?
I have heard there is a wire you can cut and it will make it work or you can send to http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/ to reprogram.

-2009.5 MSM Premium GT-

Mods: Forged 6.0, 3600 Coan, GPI SS3 Cam, Milled LS3 Heads, VCM, RCR Intake, tuned by GPI.

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 07:55 AM

I think you have to program it to your car. I believe GTPrix (Chris White) is able to do this.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 08:22 AM

Bluetooth

Pegasus442:

I apologize for any inconvenience. I just spoke with someone from the Infotainment center. Unfortunately, you would not be able to order an aftermarket Bluetooth device through GM because it is not a GM product. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Johnua, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus442 View Post
if i call the number can i order a Bluetooth module for my car through you?
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 10:13 AM
Move over >

like i said, a waste of time. YOu can get a Bluestar, which eliminates onstar or you can get a module listed in the thread i posted. SIlverbullet is right there is a mute wire that you can cut, on some modules, and i think others you dont need to pull the wire. also if you want to keep onstar capablilities then yes you will need to send it in for reprogramming, i would suggest GTPrix's service. wams.com his website is only open on weekends but he lurks the board here too. he is a site sponsor too. anyway dont take my word for it. SEARCH the board and learn from our experiences. or you can ignore our advice, your choice... this topic is a dead horse that's been beaten to a pulp, in fact its soo overly discussed that there is probably 25 or more threads concerning this, so again the information is here, just search. in fact that thread i linked has the majority of the information you need including other threads pertaining to this. READ THEM.

-hood vent mod
-removed engine cover
-custom interior trim
-rare roof rack
-smoked side markers

- Mobil 1 synthetic

I love my MGM G8 GT
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
like i said, a waste of time. YOu can get a Bluestar, which eliminates onstar or you can get a module listed in the thread i posted. SIlverbullet is right there is a mute wire that you can cut, on some modules, and i think others you dont need to pull the wire. also if you want to keep onstar capablilities then yes you will need to send it in for reprogramming, i would suggest GTPrix's service. wams.com his website is only open on weekends but he lurks the board here too. he is a site sponsor too. anyway dont take my word for it. SEARCH the board and learn from our experiences. or you can ignore our advice, your choice... this topic is a dead horse that's been beaten to a pulp, in fact its soo overly discussed that there is probably 25 or more threads concerning this, so again the information is here, just search. in fact that thread i linked has the majority of the information you need including other threads pertaining to this. READ THEM.

thank you for the advice, i think il try with white auto...now say after i get it and plug it in place of the old one...so i than call onstar to activate the new box?
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 11:43 AM
Move over >

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus442 View Post
thank you for the advice, i think il try with white auto...now say after i get it and plug it in place of the old one...so i than call onstar to activate the new box?
You are welcome sir.Yea so heres a rough outline.

1. find a box with one of the 4 working part numbers listed in mentioned thread above
2. send it to WAMS to get regreened to your VIN.
3.hook it up in your car and press onstar. onstar is gonna be like hi i see you'd like to activate onstar... you're probably gonna go round and round for a while, for some it just never works out others get lucky, its hit or miss i guess...

they usually say that the box is for another car and it cant be used for your g8 and bla bla, but if you talk to the right people, they will make it work. it has been done many times.

now keep in mind, if you dont care about onstar, and just want bluetooth, then ignore everything i just said. just get a costar bluestar!

-hood vent mod
-removed engine cover
-custom interior trim
-rare roof rack
-smoked side markers

- Mobil 1 synthetic

I love my MGM G8 GT
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
You are welcome sir.Yea so heres a rough outline.

1. find a box with one of the 4 working part numbers listed in mentioned thread above
2. send it to WAMS to get regreened to your VIN.
3.hook it up in your car and press onstar. onstar is gonna be like hi i see you'd like to activate onstar... you're probably gonna go round and round for a while, for some it just never works out others get lucky, its hit or miss i guess...

they usually say that the box is for another car and it cant be used for your g8 and bla bla, but if you talk to the right people, they will make it work. it has been done many times.

now keep in mind, if you dont care about onstar, and just want bluetooth, then ignore everything i just said. just get a costar bluestar!
on the WAMS website it shows i can order one through him, though the bluestar says it works with all vehicles 2003 or newer but is also more expensive. id rather not waste money as you can understand. i guess im asking for your guys' professional opinion. cuz i really no nothing about this stuff and want to make a good investment
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 01:19 PM
Move over >

The wording on the site is confusing, you can NOT order a bluetooth module through him. you send him your bluetooth module for reprogramming.

directly from the site:

PLEASE NOTE: This service is ONLY available for GM Part # 25984444, 20783877 and its supersedent 20827036 these are the ONLY modules that will work properly in a G8, we will NOT work on any other units for the G8 application.We DO NOT SUPPLY VCIM units!

so the 125 gets you a regreen, thats all...

-hood vent mod
-removed engine cover
-custom interior trim
-rare roof rack
-smoked side markers

- Mobil 1 synthetic

I love my MGM G8 GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page