Cpr6 manifold install issues! - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Cpr6 manifold install issues!

[ATTACH]image.jpg[/ATTACH]Hey guys old member to the board but haven't been in for a while.

Just came to get some help regarding this install if someone may be more knowledgeable if they can chime in.

First real issue with this unit as far I know there are 2 different alloy tech units with one difference there is one made for the vz holden model and one for the holden ve mode.

Only real difference are that the throttle body sizing is different from vz to be models.

Major issue that I am having is one our oem manifolds the rear part has a sensor of some kind please see pictures. But the cpr6 manifold does not !
Anyone know what this will cause the car to perhas misfire, trouble up a code if I install this new manifold without this option
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4995.jpg (149.3 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4996.jpg (131.3 KB, 58 views)

Last edited by G8CrEppER; 02-10-2015 at 04:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 05:08 PM

Is the sensor moved to the back side in the rear of the first attached photo? From everything I've heard about these they should be plug and go without any major modifications. I do know they require a slightly longer bolt.

I'd go ahead and disregard that sensor if you can't find anything to plug in and just see what engine code would pop up if any, that way you could get it checked and see specifically what it is. The other attaching lines would be vaccum lines I suppose.

I believe you may be the first of the v6ers to do this mod on the forum so good luck figuring everything out and let us know what you find out!

Above is the closest view of what it would look like and it appears that there is a black sensor of some kind hooked up in the back right corner if that helps

Panther Black 09
~20% tint, GXP Diffuser, Costar Bluetooth, K&N Intake~
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=G8 Redux;2751818]Is the sensor moved to the back side in the rear of the first attached photo? From everything I've heard about these they should be plug and go without any major modifications. I do know they require a slightly longer bolt.

I'd go ahead and disregard that sensor if you can't find anything to plug in and just see what engine code would pop up if any, that way you could get it checked and see specifically what it is. The other attaching lines would be vaccum lines I suppose.

I believe you may be the first of the v6ers to do this mod on the forum so good luck figuring everything out and let us know what you find out!

Above is the closest view of what it would look like and it appears that there is a black sensor of some kind hooked up in the back right corner if that helps[/QUOTE

yes the oem manifold has a long sensor embedded that you can remove ill post pictures later but the cpr6 does not have a rear port for it.

i think it might measure the air inductions but i thought that was the reason for the maf sensor.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

if anyone is interested I successfully installed this new manifold and the performance gains were impressive. i know have instant throttle response right in-between first and second gear at low and mid range rpm.

the new manifold gives the car more pep louder sounding exhaust and idling sound that is aggressive.

one thing that you will need to due for anyone wanting to do this install will be to remove the oem sensor inside the manifold and according the phil at performance manifold au remount on the outside of the manifold on the left side.

after your done with the install, a tune will be needed because i noticed the car is not used to having all kinds of air forced into it so a tune or some dyno time should fixed engine shake that i am currently experiencing along with rough idling.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 08:37 AM

Are you in Australia? No one to my knowledge has attempted purchasing this in the US due to the cost of shipping one over. Thanks for the info! Its nice to know that the installation is simple if one day they become cheap enough to get here

Panther Black 09
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8 Redux View Post
Are you in Australia? No one to my knowledge has attempted purchasing this in the US due to the cost of shipping one over. Thanks for the info! Its nice to know that the installation is simple if one day they become cheap enough to get here

Actually im located in the US SO cal area the install was not to hard a just a little of leveling and getting around fitment and bolting it down correctly in the back.

i got the manifold second hand from Au and airfreight was around 200 cheaper then buying straight from the manufacture.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 04:18 PM

That's good to know! I can't wait till the day I can grab one of these!

Panther Black 09
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8CrEppER View Post
Actually im located in the US SO cal area the install was not to hard a just a little of leveling and getting around fitment and bolting it down correctly in the back.

i got the manifold second hand from Au and airfreight was around 200 cheaper then buying straight from the manufacture.
Where in SoCal? I live in San Diego and I'd like to see the CPR6 results in person. Its on my list of mods to do hopefully this year.

2009 G8 GT Sound&Comfort

Mods:

Drilled/slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads
Solo Axlebacks
Resonator/mid-muffler delete
2.5" H-pipe
Rotofab intake
Dyno tuned at New Era Performance in Socal
-339hp 371tq
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 01:05 AM

I would like to mode my V6 but I think modding my GT will get better results.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]K&N CAI, Pypes headers, Solo HFC's,Solo axle backs, Custom tune, FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.Little lunati cam,SLP 25 %UDP, AC tensioner upgrade.15% tint.12" sub woofer with amp.Future upgrade Power slot rotors & posi quiet pads.

V6 Spectre CAI, Original Overkill tune,FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, BMR Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.12" sub woofer with amp.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 09:48 AM

Interesting. Please keep us posted on how the car is running with this after some driving and a tune has been done. I've been eyeing it up for awhile now just wanted to know results first hand from someone before attempting
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Where in SoCal? I live in San Diego and I'd like to see the CPR6 results in person. Its on my list of mods to do hopefully this year.
im in La Habra Ca, actually after running the car for a while i noticed that i have some issues with airflow i believe i need better air hoses that run to the engine and a tune to accommodate the higher air flow.

Quote:
Interesting. Please keep us posted on how the car is running with this after some driving and a tune has been done. I've been eyeing it up for awhile now just wanted to know results first hand from someone before attempting
g8 chick i do need a tune at this time to allow the whole potential of the car to be unleashed, but before i get a tune im thinking of porting the heads ive heard gains from the camaro forums LLT engine getting up to 30 hp just from head porting.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8CrEppER View Post
im in La Habra Ca, actually after running the car for a while i noticed that i have some issues with airflow i believe i need better air hoses that run to the engine and a tune to accommodate the higher air flow.

g8 chick i do need a tune at this time to allow the whole potential of the car to be unleashed, but before i get a tune im thinking of porting the heads ive heard gains from the camaro forums LLT engine getting up to 30 hp just from head porting.
Not sure about 30 Hp on the v6, I could be wrong but I think Hazer is the only one to max out the V6.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]K&N CAI, Pypes headers, Solo HFC's,Solo axle backs, Custom tune, FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.Little lunati cam,SLP 25 %UDP, AC tensioner upgrade.15% tint.12" sub woofer with amp.Future upgrade Power slot rotors & posi quiet pads.

V6 Spectre CAI, Original Overkill tune,FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, BMR Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.12" sub woofer with amp.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 08:21 AM

Let me know the results but after a tune & CAI I have noticed some gains but not like the GT.

Last edited by norton13; 04-25-2015 at 10:27 AM.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2015, 10:04 AM

For what its worth ive noticed on the Overkill website that he offers HP tuners for our cars as opposed to just doing module swaps. This could be really beneficial to your new intake because you could log data send it to him and he could write a tune and send it back until you get this dialed in just right.

2009 Maverick Silver V6
Sound and Comfort Package
Sunroof
K&N C.A.I.
Whiteline, Fe3 and Eibach suspension
GT Axlebacks
StopTech Slotted Rotors
Tint all around
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2015, 02:33 AM

will only see 30hp with a tune, and even then, its right at peak RPM.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2015, 03:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroman5050 View Post
For what its worth ive noticed on the Overkill website that he offers HP tuners for our cars as opposed to just doing module swaps. This could be really beneficial to your new intake because you could log data send it to him and he could write a tune and send it back until you get this dialed in just right.

Interesting i still haven't done tune I will definitely have to look into it.

Last edited by G8CrEppER; 07-26-2015 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Spelling
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 05:57 AM

Hey how is your cpr 6 manifold are u happy with it I will be getting it very soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page