Overkill tune - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
OGOC Member

Garage
Talking Overkill tune

So last weekend I just had my overkill tune installed (thanks to a vary big help!!) and thought I would write a little review.

Right off the bat you can feel the throttle is more responsive the faster you push the more it goes. But at the same time it isn't enough sensitivity to hurt anything on the car.

As I was warned you can easily outdrive you stock break package as well as suspension! I will be upgrading to the FE3 strut package this weekend and we will see how much better she handles the tune then.

In normal mode it is snappy, but the beast truly comes alive in sport mode! The harder you try and push the car, it keeps trying to give you more. From a stand still it is quite easy to roast the tires off the car now

All in all I am vary pleased with the tune and I know Will Overkill is working on some new stuff for the tune so can't wait to see what he comes up with this time!!

09 PBM V6

K&N CAI
Latest Gen Overkill Tune
FE3 suspension upgrade with Polly strut mounts
15-20% window tint in progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 10:09 AM
'Mod'erator

Nice right up. Amazing what a tune does for these cars. I haven't yet had the privilege or riding in a V6 so I have no idea how big of a jump it is from stock tuning, but I'm sure it must feel great.

LSA, Pat G DOD cam, RCR TB, 4.5IN Intake/MAF,
CNC LS3 Heads, OBX,
H&Rs, Konis, BMR, Brembos, Slotted/Drilled Rotors
3.27 Gears, 2600 Stall, ZL1 pump, Ice tank
Tuned By Pat G and Luis at RPM Speed Center

Bolt ons Street tires
[email protected] 60ft 1.96 Da 700ft

Cam no stall Street tires
[email protected] 60ft 1.75 Da -200

Stall
[email protected] 60ft 1.66 DA 400ft

Zex 125shot
[email protected] 60ft 1.83 DA 2000ft
second gear launch

LSA 1/4???
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 10:43 AM

It's nice to hear that there are so many good reviews about this tune. Jrokx is there anything you were dissatisfied with or disappointed with? Would you recommend getting the tune now or waiting for the update?

Panther Black 09
~20% tint, GXP Diffuser, Costar Bluetooth, K&N Intake~

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
OGOC Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8 Redux View Post
It's nice to hear that there are so many good reviews about this tune. Jrokx is there anything you were dissatisfied with or disappointed with? Would you recommend getting the tune now or waiting for the update?
I would say go for it! If anything it will be for the ECU and if needed that is super easy to change so not to much to do there! But so far I love it.

I just finished putting the FE3 struts in the car so now to wear them in. If you get my drift

09 PBM V6

K&N CAI
Latest Gen Overkill Tune
FE3 suspension upgrade with Polly strut mounts
15-20% window tint in progress
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 06:20 PM

aahh nice!

Panther Black 09
~20% tint, GXP Diffuser, Costar Bluetooth, K&N Intake~
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2015, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrokx View Post
So last weekend I just had my overkill tune installed (thanks to a vary big help!!) and thought I would write a little review.

Right off the bat you can feel the throttle is more responsive the faster you push the more it goes. But at the same time it isn't enough sensitivity to hurt anything on the car.

As I was warned you can easily outdrive you stock break package as well as suspension! I will be upgrading to the FE3 strut package this weekend and we will see how much better she handles the tune then.

In normal mode it is snappy, but the beast truly comes alive in sport mode! The harder you try and push the car, it keeps trying to give you more. From a stand still it is quite easy to roast the tires off the car now

All in all I am vary pleased with the tune and I know Will Overkill is working on some new stuff for the tune so can't wait to see what he comes up with this time!!
I already have his tune & have upgraded to FE3 with bushings, bearings & rear cradle inserts. I would like to upgrade my V6 more but with my GT upgrades I cannot afford to do both.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]K&N CAI, Pypes headers, Solo HFC's,Solo axle backs, Custom tune, FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.Little lunati cam,SLP 25 %UDP, AC tensioner upgrade.15% tint.12" sub woofer with amp.Future upgrade Power slot rotors & posi quiet pads.

V6 Spectre CAI, Original Overkill tune,FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, BMR Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.12" sub woofer with amp.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 12:04 AM
Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
Nice right up. Amazing what a tune does for these cars. I haven't yet had the privilege or riding in a V6 so I have no idea how big of a jump it is from stock tuning, but I'm sure it must feel great.
I got the tune as well and right away I felt a huge difference, Im yet to try the sports mode I was impressed already. I also noticed my gas mileage adding up and saving me fuel and money since i commute 75 miles round trip sometimes. Im really glad it worked thanks, Will Rishworth, at Overkill motorsports. I've order a cai and im looking into the exhaust and headers would love some feed back on cams... Please and thanks.

Last edited by Holden2my6; 03-25-2015 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Giving it a title
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden2my6 View Post
I got the tune as well and right away I felt a huge difference, Im yet to try the sports mode I was impressed already. I also noticed my gas mileage adding up and saving me fuel and money since i commute 75 miles round trip sometimes. Im really glad it worked thanks, Will Rishworth, at Overkill motorsports. I've order a cai and im looking into the exhaust and headers would love some feed back on cams... Please and thanks.
There is cam package available through MACE however there is no tune that has access to the cam settings to adjust them for our V6s to work properly/ get the most out of them. This is coming from Will at Overkill and Steve at MACE

2009 G8 GT Sound&Comfort

Mods:

Drilled/slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads
Solo Axlebacks
Resonator/mid-muffler delete
2.5" H-pipe
Rotofab intake
Dyno tuned at New Era Performance in Socal
-339hp 371tq
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Today, 02:40 PM

Thinking about purchasing this tune soon...BUT
Currently I have this problem:

I am finding brake dust on all my rims. My front brakes definitely need to be replaced...they are not squealing yet but you can see the pad is not as thick as it should be. The steering wheel shakes when I brake from high speeds (75+), to avoid the shake I have to really slam the brake pedal

Do I simply need new front brakes? Or is it my rotors? Also, is the brake dust coming from the type of material the brakes are made of?

What kind of brake/suspension set up do yall recommend?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page