G8 V6/V8 Rear-End Suspension - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

G8 V6/V8 Rear-End Suspension

Hey everybody Im a new g8 v6 owner, my rear end suspension needs work, i came across a gt rear end and was wondering if im able to do swap without any problems ? Help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 01:22 PM

When you sat "rear-end" do you mean rear diff or shocks or?

I'm assuming you mean more than just the shocks and springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emms23 View Post
Hey everybody Im a new g8 v6 owner, my rear end suspension needs work, i came across a gt rear end and was wondering if im able to do swap without any problems ? Help

2008 G8 V6: Eibach lowering springs, 18" staggered rims, K&N CAI, Series 4400 Flow Master axle backs with FlowMaster tips, radiator cover, tinted tails, silhouette of G8 third brake light.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Rear diff, shocks, control arms etc. What do you think of the situation ? I need help
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrathell View Post
When you sat "rear-end" do you mean rear diff or shocks or?

I'm assuming you mean more than just the shocks and springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emms23 View Post

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 07:44 PM

By no means am I an expert on the topic but I thought the GT's had a different gear ratio in their rear diff. I also thought their brake set up was bigger.

I could be wrong.

2008 G8 V6: Eibach lowering springs, 18" staggered rims, K&N CAI, Series 4400 Flow Master axle backs with FlowMaster tips, radiator cover, tinted tails, silhouette of G8 third brake light.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 08:55 PM

I know the differentials are different, in that the GT has a limited-slip and the V6 doesn't. However, they are interchangeable. I'm pretty sure the ratio is 2.92 on both. I had one installed on mine and no modifications were necessary. I don't know anything about any of the rest of it, like brakes and suspension components.
__________________+

'08 G8 - VE Commodore SV6 - HW, Sunroof, Premium, Comfort & Sound
Mods: VE Commodore Conversion - Front Bar & Grille, Bonnet, Spoiler, Badges, Wheel Centre Caps, Steering Wheel Airbag, Holden Cluster, Leather Console Lid, Holden Shift Knob; Auto-Dimming Mirror (w/o airbag nag), VG Shark Fin, CoStar Bluetooth, Aspheric Door Mirrors, Exterior Boot Release, GMH Rear Window Sunshade, GMH Radiator Cover, GT Boot Lid Liner, GT 2.92 LSD, Parking Sensors, Reverse Camera
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 07:09 AM

Garage
Everything will fit, but if the brakes are bigger then wheel clearence will be your issue. You can put V8 limited slip in the V6 as well as the shocks and all the other stuff back there.
Here in OZ the guys with HSV's pull the front brakes off (brembo/AP racing 355mm) and throw on a set of the smaller V6/V8 brakes for draging so they can fit the race rims. With the VE commodore/G8 almost everything can be swapped from one to another V6 to V8, V8 to V6. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page