Inside passenger door handle - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Inside passenger door handle

My door handle will no open the door. It works on the outside it locks like normal. I take it one of the cables is compromised.
Has anyone had this problem before.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]K&N CAI, Pypes headers, Solo HFC's,Solo axle backs, Custom tune, FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.Little lunati cam,SLP 25 %UDP, AC tensioner upgrade.15% tint.12" sub woofer with amp.Future upgrade Power slot rotors & posi quiet pads.

V6 Spectre CAI, Original Overkill tune,FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, BMR Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.12" sub woofer with amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016, 08:46 AM
doing stuff and things

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by norton13 View Post
My door handle will no open the door. It works on the outside it locks like normal. I take it one of the cables is compromised.
Has anyone had this problem before.
pull the door panel off. behind the handle there is a plastic retainer ring, or clip (I cant remember) that holds the the rod that activates the latch. If your lucky it just came out and didnt break. If it did sometimes you can epoxy it and repair it.

because racecar....

2009 Liquid Red G8 GT:
Kooks LTH w/catted mid pipe, Magnaflow axleback. H&R springs. Spectre CAI. V6 tails, roof rack, GXP diffuser, OPT-7 LED headlights & Fogs, Injected Engineering DOD delete and tune, bullet racing grind cam 227/236 .625 .605 112, Carbon interior goodies
414rwhp 384tq
Wheels: Concept One CSM5 20x8.5/10
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Okay looks like the door latch is sticking a bit, I will probably have to replace the door actuator at some point.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]K&N CAI, Pypes headers, Solo HFC's,Solo axle backs, Custom tune, FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.Little lunati cam,SLP 25 %UDP, AC tensioner upgrade.15% tint.12" sub woofer with amp.Future upgrade Power slot rotors & posi quiet pads.

V6 Spectre CAI, Original Overkill tune,FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, BMR Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.12" sub woofer with amp.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016, 06:30 PM

Had to replace the rear driver door actuator a few months ago and the part was ridiculously expensive. Used a ratchet strap tied to the other door to keep it somewhat closed, but eventually had to collect me pennies and purchase a new door lock actuator.

#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE

"Rather not run the risk of offending anyone, so let me just go ahead and offend someone". -PONY MAN

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016, 10:06 PM

That sucks bud. Best of luck getting it fixed.

PBM GT W/SPORT PACK
GO:
Pat G tune
CIA: ORSSOM
EXHAUST: BADLANDZ CUT OUTS W/ X PIPE AND RESONATOR DELETE
KOOKS 1 7/8 mids and HFC's (coated)

SHOW:
PONTIAC EMBLEMS REMOVED. HOLDEN TRUNK LOGO ADDED.
TINT
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016, 10:25 PM

This just in from the underground. The 2011+ Caprice door lock actuators fit a Pontiac G8 and are somewhat cheaper.

Quote:
Passenger side front. GM#92215256 supercedes to 92236013
Driver side rear. GM#92215255 supercedes to 92236012

#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE

"Rather not run the risk of offending anyone, so let me just go ahead and offend someone". -PONY MAN

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page