Washer hose in the cowl is busted! Help! - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Washer hose in the cowl is busted! Help!

Hello all! I just joined this forum. I come here quite often anyway to look for answers regarding our, now EXTINCT vehicles. The other day I was trying to clear off polenta from the windshield and no water came put of my wipers. I looked under hood and there was wash splattered everywhere. The "hose" (would love to curse the person who decided that was a good idea), that runs into the cowl is a hard plastic and has become brittle from the heat of the engine, and has cracked in multiple places. I was going to be smart and use some plumbing hose from lowes to restore water flow connection. WELL... as soon as I ever so slightly pulled on that hose, the whole thing just chunks off! I am a female, and know very few things on cars but I do know how to tinker. I have followed steps by another member on here on how to remove the cowl. I have gotten all of the black top pop rivets off. There are white ones underneath the cowl that has to come off. I've tried using a long flathead screwdriver to no avail. Also, there are yellow ones I have no clue how to get off. My problems
1. Dealership wants to charge $300+ to fix a damn hose. 2. I cant seem to get cowl off to fix it myself. 3. The part cannot be ordered anymore. Holden has quit production and Pontiac is no longer. I'm sure you all can understand my frustration! Any help would be much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 02:40 PM

Does a newer SS or Caprice PPV have an interchangeable part?

2009 SRM GT - Premium, Sport, Sunroof - HSV triple gauges and trim, HSV Supersport Red/Black Steering Wheel, GXP rear sway bar, GXP Diffuser, Rotofab, SOLO Axlebacks, Magnaflow Cats, Red Hot shift knob, Autodim mirror, Removed intake cover, Chrome lug nut covers, Infinity door speakers, 10" DVC RF Sub, Switchbacks, Slotted rotors & Braided stainless brake hoses, Cortex tuner

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyG8lovehaterelationship View Post
Hello all! I just joined this forum. I come here quite often anyway to look for answers regarding our, now EXTINCT vehicles. The other day I was trying to clear off polenta from the windshield and no water came put of my wipers. I looked under hood and there was wash splattered everywhere. The "hose" (would love to curse the person who decided that was a good idea), that runs into the cowl is a hard plastic and has become brittle from the heat of the engine, and has cracked in multiple places. I was going to be smart and use some plumbing hose from lowes to restore water flow connection. WELL... as soon as I ever so slightly pulled on that hose, the whole thing just chunks off! I am a female, and know very few things on cars but I do know how to tinker. I have followed steps by another member on here on how to remove the cowl. I have gotten all of the black top pop rivets off. There are white ones underneath the cowl that has to come off. I've tried using a long flathead screwdriver to no avail. Also, there are yellow ones I have no clue how to get off. My problems
1. Dealership wants to charge $300+ to fix a damn hose. 2. I cant seem to get cowl off to fix it myself. 3. The part cannot be ordered anymore. Holden has quit production and Pontiac is no longer. I'm sure you all can understand my frustration! Any help would be much appreciated!
I will get you some photos next time i am at my parts car. Last i recall it pulled up but i am sure others will reply with a more definitive answer

2014 Chevy Cruze
2013 Chevy Avalanche
2009 Pontiac G8
2009 Saab 9-3 Combi
1988 Volvo 740

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 07:07 AM

Here's a reference for the installation of the windshield cowl and sheds light on how many clips you need to remove.
https://www.g8board.com/forums/3335554-post47.html

The windshield washer fluid hose is a part of the larger windshield cowl, and feeds through the hollow metal rail as shown in the third photo.

The hose part# is 92185187 which as you know is discontinued. The Chevy SS hose part# is 92282277 but from the diagrams I saw, the hose design is different.

Another option is to buy a universal hose kit.
https://www.amazon.com/Windshield-Wa...6021955&sr=1-4

2008 Pontiac G8 GT | PBM | Premium Package
BMR suspension | GForce Engineering 750hp axles | GM Camaro 3.27 rear diff., Camaro trans pan + G8 GXP trans cooler | Livernois L92 Stage 1 Cam | Manton LS trunnion kit | Pedders bushings | PRC LS3 260cc heads | RCR intake + throttle body | Rotofab 102mm CAI | Stainless Works 1 7/8" headers | SuperPro front control arms + motor mounts | Texas Speed LS3 short block | Tuned by Patrick G. | Wrenched by ESP

Last edited by executor999; 04-23-2019 at 07:21 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 11:42 PM

Quote:
...The other day I was trying to clear off polenta from the windshield...
Quote:
Polenta is a dish of boiled cornmeal that was historically made from other grains. It may be served as a hot porridge, or it may be allowed to cool and solidify into a loaf that can be baked, fried, or grilled.

#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE

"Don't want to run the risk of offending anybody, so let me just go ahead and offend somebody". -David L.

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 11:16 AM
every village has one

Maybe the polentas are in bloom

things are not as they appear to be.........

2009.5 LiquidRed/OnyxRed, Premium Package
e85 Surprise Package
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by executor999 View Post
Here's a reference for the installation of the windshield cowl and sheds light on how many clips you need to remove.
https://www.g8board.com/forums/3335554-post47.html

The windshield washer fluid hose is a part of the larger windshield cowl, and feeds through the hollow metal rail as shown in the third photo.

The hose part# is 92185187 which as you know is discontinued. The Chevy SS hose part# is 92282277 but from the diagrams I saw, the hose design is different.

Another option is to buy a universal hose kit.
https://www.amazon.com/Windshield-Wa...6021955&sr=1-4
Mine is broken too, but I've been too lazy to try and fix it. Good to know that it's been discontinued though, I'll have to try the universal kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page