TB to MAFS Tube - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

TB to MAFS Tube

Hey All! I just wanted to let you V-6 guys know I am working on a project to develop an intake tube that will go between the TB and MAFS (Keeping the stock intake box for now). I ordered all parts and they should be here on Saturday. I hope to install and fit it over the holiday weekend. If you are interested I will be updating a thread I opened over in the intake section (See below). I had to do allot or research to find the proper combination of parts to make this work. I am 90% confident it will all fit and work well. The total cost is $53 after taxes and shipping and handling.

https://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48273

Feel free to delete this thread in a couple days or whatever. I just never checked the intake section before because I wasnt necessarility looking but would have been interested in something like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 04:40 PM

i just bought a cold air intake and it came with all that neeto piping

[sigpic][/sigpic]
Roto Fab Intake
Cortex Roto Fab Tuned
Custom X-Pipe Mid muffler Delete
Custom Axle Back w Flo Pro Super V
Flo Pro Tips
BC Racing Coilovers
BMR Front Strut Bar
BMR Lower Control Arms
BMR Trailing Arms
BMR Adjustable Toe Rods
BMR Diff/Cradle Poly Bushings
Staggerd 20" Status Knight 5 Wheels
245/9" 285/10"
Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag Radials
275/40r17 mounted on C6 wheels
HID reverse lights, headlights, fog lights
SwitchBack front turn signal bulbs
Temp firehawk plsti dip hood
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 08:40 PM

What does it do?

Now - 2011 Cadillac CTS - Raven Black 3.0 DI - Fully loaded, and yes, mods have begun!

Had - 2009 V6 Sport Red Metallic, Premium and Comfort Package. Sunroof. Modifications: Pedders Street II Package with Sway Bars and STB. Full Bra and Side Mirror Bras, Hacked Atari Gauges, Auto Dimming Rear Mirror, Racemesh Grills. Glove Box Light, Factory Bluetooth, BMR subframe and tunnel braces, BMR Rear Adjustable Toe Links, SPOHN Rear LCA and Trailing Arms. Infinity Kappa Speakers GO SAINTS

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer Leader View Post
What does it do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lg68jcu
Designed a Tube*
Through a bit of research and trial and error I believe I have put together an intake tube that will connect the throttle body with the MAF sensor. It does not include any flex pipe or anything like that and will be able to connect the vacuum hose without issue. I found all of the parts I need through a seller on Ebay and you can pick up the rest @ Autozone / Advance (Spectre intake tubes & reducers/couplers). The unfortunate thing is its all 3". I could not come up with the parts required for a 3.25" or 3.5" setup. The advantage would be not having any flex pipes or air disturbing boxes before the TB. The total price after shipping, handling and sales tax is $53.18. If anyone is interested let me know and I can pass along or post the info. I should be getting the bends in the mail by the 6th.
*posted from another thread. An alternative to both a CAI and the stock intake "outlet" duct system. Basically, a straight-tube linking the throttle bottle to the mass airflow sensor (MAF) and stock airbox.

#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE

"Rather not run the risk of offending anyone, so let me just go ahead and offend someone". -PONY MAN

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page