K-n cai install today !!!! - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Talking K-n cai install today !!!!

i am going to be installing a k-n cold air intake today along with an air raid throttle body spacer. I will let you know how it goes and will post pictures.

Joe C's G8
2008 G8 LIQUID RED V6, CUSTOM EXHAUST, K&N CAI, SPYDER LED HEAD LIGHTS AND TAIL LIGHTS, 35W 8000K HEADLIGHTS AND FOGS, 55W 6000K HIGH BEAMS. WHITE L.E.D. CORNER AND SIDE MARKER LIGHTS, CUSTOM PAINTED INTERIOR, COLOR MATCHED ENGINE COVERS, FUSE PANELS, AND WIRE LOOM. L.E.D. RED INTERIOR LIGHTS, E & G POLISHED STAINLESS GRILL, RUFF RACING RIMS WITH PIRELLI PZERO TIRES.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 04:41 PM

lol - a throttle body spacer? Really?

2009 MGM G8 GT Sport Premium - 343 RWHP
RPM Tuned, DOD Delete, LS9 Cam, Lunati Link-bar lifters and dual springs, Rotofab Intake, Ported Intake Manifold, Mid-muffler/Resonator Delete and X-Pipe, 25% UDP, 170A PPV Alternator, BP Catch Can, BMR Sub-frame Bushings, Pedders Sway's, Slotted DBA 4000 Rotors, Hawk PC Pads, Russel Braided SS Lines, ATE Super Blue, SRM Painted Calipers
20% Sides and Rear, VG Shark Fin Antenna, Kicker Comp8's in the rear deck w/ Dyna Mat
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 04:44 PM

Garage
I used vasoline on the inside of the tubes to make everything slip together easier..

2009 GT White Hot, AKA CASPER, Superchips 93 octane tune, Volant C.A.I with HSRK,Slotted and cross drilled rotors with ceramic pads,GXP Diffuser,Debadged.Solo axle backs, Coronet 440 style tips
Dyno 4/26/15,343 MAX H.P.,338.6 MAX TORQ
5/13/15 [email protected], 2.03- 60'."WE ARE THE LAST OF OUR KIND"
2009.1 V6 STRYKER BLUE, TRADED IN 1/10/13

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJCarr View Post
lol - a throttle body spacer? Really?
I was thinking the same thing...what does this look like, is it necessary?

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agose25 View Post
I was thinking the same thing...what does this look like, is it necessary?
no - not necessary. It's a ricer thing. "Spin your air so you atomize fuel more efficiently" As if an inch thick piece of aluminum with some grooves could influence the air flow into throttle body. Especially considering how much the air is redirected after that point.

It's about as effective at increasing air flow as the Miller Light vortex bottle is at getting beer into your gullet faster.

2009 MGM G8 GT Sport Premium - 343 RWHP
RPM Tuned, DOD Delete, LS9 Cam, Lunati Link-bar lifters and dual springs, Rotofab Intake, Ported Intake Manifold, Mid-muffler/Resonator Delete and X-Pipe, 25% UDP, 170A PPV Alternator, BP Catch Can, BMR Sub-frame Bushings, Pedders Sway's, Slotted DBA 4000 Rotors, Hawk PC Pads, Russel Braided SS Lines, ATE Super Blue, SRM Painted Calipers
20% Sides and Rear, VG Shark Fin Antenna, Kicker Comp8's in the rear deck w/ Dyna Mat
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
hey dyno sheets don't lie... throttle body spacers work well with cai systems, not a huge difference but it is a difference.
I put it all in last night everything was very easy sounds and performs great. i will put up some pics as soon as im done paintin g the engine covers.

Joe C's G8
2008 G8 LIQUID RED V6, CUSTOM EXHAUST, K&N CAI, SPYDER LED HEAD LIGHTS AND TAIL LIGHTS, 35W 8000K HEADLIGHTS AND FOGS, 55W 6000K HIGH BEAMS. WHITE L.E.D. CORNER AND SIDE MARKER LIGHTS, CUSTOM PAINTED INTERIOR, COLOR MATCHED ENGINE COVERS, FUSE PANELS, AND WIRE LOOM. L.E.D. RED INTERIOR LIGHTS, E & G POLISHED STAINLESS GRILL, RUFF RACING RIMS WITH PIRELLI PZERO TIRES.

Last edited by JOECAL; 04-22-2012 at 08:58 AM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOECAL View Post
hey dyno sheets don't lie... throttle body spacers work well with cai systems, not a huge difference but it is a difference.
I put it all in last night everything was very easy sounds and performs great. i will put up some pics as soon as im done paintin g the engine covers.
I have often wondered about the TB spacer. Did it cause any instalation issues for the CAI? I know with the intake I made it might push it too forward or too close to the radiator.

2008 Panther Black V6
Homemade Intake Tube with K&N drop in
Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers
LPM with air scoop into the lower panel of the snorkel
Quarter Mile 15.38 @ 92.49 MPH - 2.29 60' (5-12-2012)
Click Here For Video
Quarter Mile 15.43 @ 91.01 MPH - 2.24 60' (6-14-2011)

SOLD 11/30/2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
body , cai , cold air intake , spacer , throttle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page