If your car looks sleepy, but has a big pee pee, this thread might be for you! - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
sleeper6

Garage
Arrow If your car looks sleepy, but has a big pee pee, this thread might be for you!

Hello everyone, I created this thread so V6 owners that are tired of getting laughed at and stomped on by V8 owners can learn there is still hope. Anyone with a V6 that modded their car for performance is welcome to reply on how they made their build. If you can, tell us the what, how, IMOs, problems / successes, experience, etc of your custom build.

I would like to keep this thread organized so people can easily distinguish between CUSTOM BUILD posts and (Question/Comment) posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 11:15 AM

No hate for V6's. They are great looking cars and still RWD, plus the V6 has higher specific output (hp / displacement) than either the L76 or the LS3.

They probably weight a little bit less than the GT or GXP also, depending upon trim. Weight reduction is good for accel, braking, handling, mileage.

2009.5 G8 GXP White Hot 6M, Heads/Cam/Intake/3.91
515rwhp/477tq SAE Dynojet
[email protected] 1.63 60' +1072 DA (1/8 mile)
[email protected] 1.83 60' +364 DA (1/4 mile)
CBI Street Cars
DSX Tuning
danlewisracing.com
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 12:58 PM

Garage
I prefer the looks of the V6 G8 to the stock 18" GT. In fact, much so that I have many elements of v6ers in my car itself.

I have met up with several V6ers who have done modifications very tastefully done, not necessarily performance modifications since the Bosche ECM that drives the V6 engine is different (and not very easy to reverse-engineer ECM parameters with unauthorized equipment like HPTuners or other programming tools) than the Delco E38 ECM that drives the GM LS engines (including L76 and LS3), so that somewhat limits performance modifications.

But I have heard of incremental benefits of a CAI and a few others.

Aside from all the v8'ers who love to jump at the chance to say "shoulda gotten a v8, lol" ... you won't find that from me!

--zepcom

2009.1 ZEPCOM MGM G8 GT
Kooks LT's, SOLO HFC & Mach Unbalanced with J-pipes, SLP Tips.
Livernois tune, VCM, FE3's, full Holden blue gauges conversion, iphone on display. Daily Driver FTW
The ZEPCOM G8 was SOLO's test mule
www.youtube.com/zepcom

Bought 3/30/2009, retired 7/18/2017 at 136k miles, still strong. Been a great ride, she will be missed!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 01:17 PM

I like the V6 wheel over the 18" GT wheel, maybe even the 19"...just a nice wheel, considered a premium wheel in Aus.

2014 Chevy Cruze
2013 Chevy Avalanche
2009 Pontiac G8
2009 Saab 9-3 Combi
1988 Volvo 740
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 06:28 PM

Garage
I think i have the best from all three, the v6 rims and door handles that she had from day one. GT tails and GXP diffuser. As far as preformance we are limited, there a few of us that have just about maxed her out. Hazer has done the most,he is pushing 242 in H.P.I'm not far behind him at 223, check some of the v6ers profile and you will find there isn't much we can do. As far as the "chip" that promises 50 or 60 horse is just that horse poop...

2009 GT White Hot, AKA CASPER, Superchips 93 octane tune, Volant C.A.I with HSRK,Slotted and cross drilled rotors with ceramic pads,GXP Diffuser,Debadged.Solo axle backs, Coronet 440 style tips
Dyno 4/26/15,343 MAX H.P.,338.6 MAX TORQ
5/13/15 [email protected], 2.03- 60'."WE ARE THE LAST OF OUR KIND"
2009.1 V6 STRYKER BLUE, TRADED IN 1/10/13
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
sleeper6

Garage
hmm, im looking into a supercharger, chip, tune, and or CAI, upgraded headers, exhaust, cats, and a few other goodies, I think when im done ill have pushed the limit a bit higher than 242. Not outdoing anyone, but my purpose is making a sleeper 6. =) random question, green or blue tint? Im not into 35% black tint and that stuff.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 06:25 AM

Fish bowl
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 06:36 AM
Les
OGOC Member

Garage
I love my V6 i havent been beaten by a beamer yet and my wife hasnt lost either. Great having a car wife. lol
I be modding mine over the winter specs to come

OGOC Member
2009.1 G8 SV6 Tuned.
Overkill Tune 3rd Gen.
GT Intake system
76mm Throttle body.
X-Pipe,Custom Axlebacks.
3/4" Intake Spacers.
GXP Front Clip,GXP Diffuser.
K&N CAI
Custom Rad Cover.
10" Pioneer Sub and Box.
And More....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
g8v6 , ly7 , sleeper

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page