Pontiac G8 Forum banner

How do GT axle backs sound on V6?

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  768MPH 
#1 ·
Do they sound like a fart can or do they add a little sound? Very curious.

#3 ·
I was looking for some input on this same thing. Does anyone currently have the stock GT axel backs on the V6? How about with a CAI and the GT axel backs? How does it sound and effect your performance? I'm not looking to do much performance wise with the V6, just kicking around the idea of getting the quad tips and letting it breath a little better.

#5 ·
I dont have the gt axlebacks but I do have the gt solo performance catback exhaust sounds great...well I think so

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 ·
That would be much appreciated. I've got a set lined up as well from another member. I'm assuming there won't be much difference in the sound, but let me know what you think when you're done. I'll hold off on my purchase until I hear from you. Pics or a video would be great if you get a chance. Thanks!

#9 ·
Mine would sound a little different if your running stock piping and mid muffler and resonators this exhaust is 2.5 in and solo mid pipe to jpipes which is no mufflers axlebacks are different

#8 ·
#11 ·
I put the GT mufflers on tonight at my friends dealership (free lift). I have to say the on the ride home I could not tell a difference in sound. They might be a little louder under full throttle, but otherwise I'd say they are the same.

Now the rear of the car just looks right. Since the day I bought the car I hated the single pipes in wide cut out's in the diffuser.

#12 ·
That's my line of thinking as well, the opening is made for the dual pipes.
So the swap was fairly easy I assume? Any suggestions?
I think I'm going to pull the trigger on mine today. Thanks.

#13 ·
I don't need any clips to give you the answer...they probably sound like, NOTHING - if they can choke the sound from a 6.0 litre V8 what do you think they'll do for your V6?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.