09.5 g8 gt superchips settings - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

09.5 g8 gt superchips settings

I have just purchased a 09.5 g8 gt and picked a superchips flashpaq f5 for and was wondering about the settings. If I leave it on superchips values which would be 100% tm off on upshifts I believe , will that cause damage ? It feels smoother at this setting to me. The problem I was having was the car felt like it was I guess you can say it felt like it was dragging like I had to keep applying throttle. Thanks for any replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 09:18 AM

Garage
I have my TM set at 50% of Superchips values and it is really good and shifts fairly hard on WOT. Enough to chirp the tires. I have thought about turning it down to 25% but just haven't done it yet. I turned off the DOD and left the rest the way Superchips programs it. When you change the percentage of TM it is based on the Superchips programmed values not factory.

Lot's of good info here:

https://www.g8board.com/forums/24-pcm...950-my-gt.html

I know it is for Cortex but the Flashpaq and Cortex load the same tunes and the options would be the same. The Flashpaq just has a cool color screen. Hope this helps.

2008 LR GT. Sport and Premium Packages. Little Lunati Plus, BTR dual springs, Straub bushing trunions. Spectre CAI, Camaro trans pan, Stainless long tubes, no cats, Magnaflow mid muffler, Solo axle back, Eibachs, 6th gen 'Maro' 20's in gloss black, Shark fin, LED interior lights, brake lights, headlights, foglights, 20% ceramic film tint.
403 WHP
13.199 @ 105 1/12/2018 WHP
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Yea I get what your saying it's eithier 25% above or 25 below the superchips tune/value . I have it set right now to raised rev, raised speed, stock shift points, dod on, superchips fan, and superchips value TM (which I believe is 100% off on upshifts)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 10:51 AM

Garage
Close. When you change the percentage of Superchips programmed TM its a value OF Superchips full programmed value. So 25% would be 25% OF Superchips and that technically would be 75% below. You can go above too but I have not read of anyone doing that nor have I tried it myself. And I also removed the speed limiter. Not that I have ever driven that fast.

2008 LR GT. Sport and Premium Packages. Little Lunati Plus, BTR dual springs, Straub bushing trunions. Spectre CAI, Camaro trans pan, Stainless long tubes, no cats, Magnaflow mid muffler, Solo axle back, Eibachs, 6th gen 'Maro' 20's in gloss black, Shark fin, LED interior lights, brake lights, headlights, foglights, 20% ceramic film tint.
403 WHP
13.199 @ 105 1/12/2018 WHP
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 08:35 PM

I tried it with mine for a couple of hours and went back to 50%. When you tune it over it ups the line pressures, drove like an old school shift kit. It was fun in a straight line chirping tires at small throttle openings, but it would get sideways if it shifted when making left turns from a stop. I ran better lap times on road courses and autox with it at either 25% or 50% depending on track condition, shifts would upset the chassis less.

2009 GT MGM Sport, Premium & Roof: H&R Springs, Vararam CAI, Superchips 87oct Vararam Tune, TSW Nurburgring 18x9.5 w/275/40-18's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page