Winshield wipers - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Winshield wipers

Was driving Thursday night with major rain, I was trying to pass an 18 wheeler for about 10 or 15 seconds in the passing lane.I could not see the lane. I had to slow down & follow the truck. I had to pass on the right hand side which I never do. I think either my wipers are shot or i am blind. Today i cleaned my wipers & used Rain X on my windshield. Will see if this makes a big difference. This was at night time but I had noticed foggy streaks on my windshield.
Maybe my wipers are shot will see if this happens again. I noticed other drivers were not driving in the proper lanes, but noticed some drivers passing the 18 wheeler in the left lane, maybe they had the same problem.
I have never had an issue like this before after driving for 38 years.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]K&N CAI, Pypes headers, Solo HFC's,Solo axle backs, Custom tune, FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.Little lunati cam,SLP 25 %UDP, AC tensioner upgrade.15% tint.12" sub woofer with amp.Future upgrade Power slot rotors & posi quiet pads.

V6 Spectre CAI, Original Overkill tune,FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, BMR Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.12" sub woofer with amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 08:07 AM

I have used rain-x on all my cars it make a huge difference the water just beads off the windshield.i also use the rain-x windshield washer fluid in the washer bottle.

Year:2008
color:ignition orange;interior black leather
option:comfort and sound;premium package
new:august 2008 original owner
mods:20%window tint,6k led headlights and led fog lights,X-pipe,k&n air filter,hawk hps front and rear brake pads with r1-concepts premium series brake rotors
slotted and crossed drilled:general g-max as-03 tires;dvd in both headrest from myron & davis;auto dimming mirror.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

I have rain x latitude on my GT & trico on my V6 noticed i am in the GT forum not the V6. Regardless I will see what happens after cleaning the wipers & putting rain X on the windshield.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]K&N CAI, Pypes headers, Solo HFC's,Solo axle backs, Custom tune, FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.Little lunati cam,SLP 25 %UDP, AC tensioner upgrade.15% tint.12" sub woofer with amp.Future upgrade Power slot rotors & posi quiet pads.

V6 Spectre CAI, Original Overkill tune,FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, BMR Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.12" sub woofer with amp.

Last edited by norton13; 04-01-2017 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Proper wipers

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 03:01 PM

On a semi-related note...the G8 OEM windshield wipers are the same across all trims (Base, GT, GXP), correct? I am probably going to have to replace mine soon and just wanted to make sure I didn't have to differentiate. Thanks.

2009 LR A6 G8 GXP
#986 of 1829 produced
#60 of 81 as optioned
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ode2Joy View Post
On a semi-related note...the G8 OEM windshield wipers are the same across all trims (Base, GT, GXP), correct? I am probably going to have to replace mine soon and just wanted to make sure I didn't have to differentiate. Thanks.
Correct they are all the same. I found 24 & 16 the easiest combination as the the original sizing seems hard to find.

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 04:14 PM

I noticed that using rain x causes the wipers to deteriorate much faster. Now whenever I do use it I try not to use the wipers unless necessary. Then I clean them with alcohol pads

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

I have not used this enough to notice, but my wipers are over a year old & may need replacing anyways.

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 05:25 PM

I just put a new set of the updated Veleo's from Rock Auto. They have the 26's and 15's.

09 WH GT
Sport/Premium
Onyx/Red
Rotofab CAI
Cortex 93 tune
20% tint

I just wanted one.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 06:56 AM
FMQ

Garage
I have a relatively new windshield and the wiper performance picked up big time w the new glass. I ordered Denso wipers for the trip to G8 Extravaganza and they were the best replacement set that I have ever put on. I have not tried them in a deluge but regular precip was no prob.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]09.1 G8 GT Sp. Prem. w GXP Facia. Roto Fab covers +chrome caps / Spyder Tail Lamps/VIM Hack c/w rear cam. BMR Sways/ Arms/ Toe Rods/ Rear Cradle Inserts+ Diff bushings/H&R Coilovers / Russell ss lines w CTSV Calipers+2015 SS Rotors . Staggered Avant Garde M310's . KOOKS Mids w HFCs. Corsa w Volant CAI /Dr. Phil 91 Octane Tune on Dyno. RCR Intake & TB/Catch Can w Little Lunati DoD Delete. ZL1 Converter and CNC'd heads by Aggressive Performance MI.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 05:41 PM

I have tried all of the major brands and the only one that seems to work for me are the ac Delco.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 07:29 AM

I have always used OEM blades.you can find them on ebay or about $20 a set with free shipping

Year:2008
color:ignition orange;interior black leather
option:comfort and sound;premium package
new:august 2008 original owner
mods:20%window tint,6k led headlights and led fog lights,X-pipe,k&n air filter,hawk hps front and rear brake pads with r1-concepts premium series brake rotors
slotted and crossed drilled:general g-max as-03 tires;dvd in both headrest from myron & davis;auto dimming mirror.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 10:03 AM

Not on the G8, but on my daughter's Beetle, I just replaced the wipers, and chose regular ol' Trico OEM blades. MUCH better than all the fancy $20 ones. Maybe the manufacturer knows something about it...

And RAIN-X FTW!!!!

'09 Pontiac G8 GXP, A6, Sunroof, MGM, #1664 of 1829
LS3, with LSA Blower, ACE ported heads, BTR springs and retainers, Straub trunnion upgrade, RCR cam, Kooks LTs/mids, Hooker SS MaxFlow mufflers.
BMR Rear LCA's, stabilizers, end links, front LCA bushings, rear toe links/trailing arms, Pedders Street II kit, including subframe and diff bushings.
Hawk pads, Brake Performance slotted and dimpled rotors, Russell stainless lines, Super Blue fluid.
Best 1/4 time, then- 12.52 @ 114.47, 1.94 60ft.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llirremmada View Post
I have tried all of the major brands and the only one that seems to work for me are the ac Delco.
I bought AC delco from RockAuto and I'll have to agree. All the other brands were okay when new but at some point started to chatter. So far, I have at least 6-9 months on these and no chatter
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff92se View Post
I bought AC delco from RockAuto and I'll have to agree. All the other brands were okay when new but at some point started to chatter. So far, I have at least 6-9 months on these and no chatter
OEM blades are made by Valeo and they have been redesigned at some point. They're used on the Chevy SS and Caprice and they're cheap too (~$13 list price and ~$8 online).

P/Ns 92219233 and 92219234.

Some info.: https://www.g8board.com/forums/4-tech...tly-works.html

#754 of 1829: GXP
#23 of 67: LR, M6, Roof, Onyx/Red
#22 of 37: Summer-only Potenza tires
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 01:32 PM

I have been happy with the 26" and 16" Michelin blades I get from Costco. The 16" passenger side blade reduces the un-wiped gap between the blades on the bottom

'09 PBM GT. #2 Kook's Mids, Solo Mach balanced, SCT X4 Tuner. LED H/lamps, Tail lamps and Interior
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXP25 View Post
OEM blades are made by Valeo and they have been redesigned at some point. They're used on the Chevy SS and Caprice and they're cheap too (~$13 list price and ~$8 online).

I just bought a set of the updated Veleo's from Rock and quite frankly, they suk. I'm glad I kept the Trico Force blades I took off. I just cleaned the blade and put them back on.

09 WH GT
Sport/Premium
Onyx/Red
Rotofab CAI
Cortex 93 tune
20% tint

I just wanted one.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 03:19 PM

Have tried both AC Delco brand blades (Valeo) and currently am on a set of Napa (Trico) blades. Trico makes a wide array of beam-styled wiper blades and am unsure which line was purchased, but so far, so good. Periodically, I take a cotton ball with alcohol and run it along the edge of the blades to remove some of the accumulated dirt or debris. Haven't used Rain-X in years, but make sure you don't over-apply it or the wiper blades might chatter and skip.

#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE

"Rather not run the risk of offending anyone, so let me just go ahead and offend someone". -PONY MAN

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN

post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Drew View Post
I have been happy with the 26" and 16" Michelin blades I get from Costco. The 16" passenger side blade reduces the un-wiped gap between the blades on the bottom
I have looked at those but i do not see I & L pinch tab on those.
Looked at these again looks like they do have the pinch tab. I ended up buying the Trico tech blades.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (8.6 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by norton13; 04-30-2017 at 06:32 AM.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 11:06 AM

aquapel

The dealer when I bought new had treated the windshield with aquapel telling me it was much better than rain-x. I have refreshed the treatment only once, and have replaced the wipers with OEM twice. And, I agree with the dealer.

2009.5 Liquid Red with Sport and Premium. Rotofab, cortex 91, Solo AB, 63K miles
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXP25 View Post

Does anyone know if the revised part has a different P/N? I found the OEM wipers on Ebay, but i want to make sure they're the revised ones.
I asked the seller days ago, but no response yet.

'08 PBM GT
Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, GXP Catback, Custom Tune
Pedders Street I, FE3 Struts
Tints, Sharkfin antenna, passenger seat mod
19" VMR V810 Gunmetal Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page