Opinions needed on 2009 G8 GT price - Ohio - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Opinions needed on 2009 G8 GT price - Ohio

I have a 2009 G8 GT, sport red metallic, automatic with a sunroof that I am thinking about selling. I love the car, but am thinking about getting something different. The one bad thing about the car is that is has 214k miles on it and burns a little oil now. It runs great and I've always used synthetic oil in it and changed the oil regularly. Its been a pretty trouble free car. The only things I've had go wrong were just tires, brakes, suspension parts, normal wear stuff. The car is bone stock, has the normal paint chips in the hood and a small dent in the back door that isn't very noticeable (maybe I can get it pulled out). Before I go to a dealer and get lowballed or ripped off I want to get educated a little on what you guys think it is worth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 08:39 PM

Kbb lists it as between $5,200-$7,100 under good condition. I would think you should be able to get closer to 9 assuming it still is in good shape. Let us know what the dealer says....you never know.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 10:40 AM

IMO the only thing going against you is the mileage, 214k is high and since GM isn't know for car's going 300-500k like Toyota. With that said if I were to sell my car with less than 100K I would get 12k private party. How many other G8's are in your area and what do you think your car is worth?

The dealership isn't going to care about an oil issue if you don't tell them but a private buyer is going to be concerned because the miles are so high.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 04:59 PM

Gat a quote from CarMax, then add some. Youíll be in the ball park.

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (#18 of 23 as optioned), MSM, 6M, Sunroof, Onyx/Red

2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829 (#37 of 68 as optioned), MSM, 6A, Sunroof, Onyx

2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, #555 of 2221

Forum junkie at the G8Board and "The G8 Forum That Shall Not Be Named"!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallel21 View Post
IMO the only thing going against you is the mileage, 214k is high and since GM isn't know for car's going 300-500k like Toyota. With that said if I were to sell my car with less than 100K I would get 12k private party. How many other G8's are in your area and what do you think your car is worth?

The dealership isn't going to care about an oil issue if you don't tell them but a private buyer is going to be concerned because the miles are so high.
There are not many G8 GTs around here. Kbb says the value is $6,696 - $8,392, so I guess I should ask somewhere in the middle. It just seems like this is one of those strange cars that sells for far above blue book prices. I could try carmax and see what they say. Do they really offer decent prices for your car?

'09 G8 GT - Sport Red Metallic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page