Kooks long headers and cats. - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
 7Likes
  • 3 Post By MGMGXP
  • 1 Post By GTRenegade911
  • 3 Post By Er70s-2

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Kooks long headers and cats.

Can someone point me to an online store where I can purchase the correct Kooks long headers and catalytic converters for my 2008 Pontiac G8 GT?

Paul
Parker, cO
2008 G8 GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 06:01 AM

Not sure who is a sponsor and who isn't, but worst case, I believe if you search on Summit Racing they have what you would need. Maybe a sponsor will chime in with deals/sales/etc.

-J

2012 Caprice
2008 Crown Vic

Past LSx:
2002 Camaro Z28
2000 Formula
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 06:30 AM
every village has one

Anyone but Maryland Speed.....

things are not as they appear to be.........

2009.5 LiquidRed/OnyxRed, Premium Package
e85 Surprise Package

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56belair View Post
Can someone point me to an online store where I can purchase the correct Kooks long headers and catalytic converters for my 2008 Pontiac G8 GT?
I recommend to browse Kooks web site directly; grab the part numbers and shop around for lower prices. Amazon, Summit and Jegs usually have the lowest prices IMO.

2008 Pontiac G8 GT | PBM | Premium Package
BMR suspension | GForce Engineering 750hp axles | GM Camaro 3.27 rear diff., Camaro trans pan + G8 GXP trans cooler | Livernois L92 Stage 1 Cam | Manton LS trunnion kit | Pedders bushings | PRC LS3 260cc heads | RCR intake + throttle body | Rotofab 102mm CAI | Stainless Works 1 7/8" headers | SuperPro front control arms + motor mounts | Texas Speed LS3 short block | Tuned by Patrick G. | Wrenched by ESP
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchr49 View Post
Anyone but Maryland Speed.....
Order today, receive them on Nevuary 32nd.
tchr49, Eloquent and Er70s-2 like this.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 10:28 AM
F1rehawk

Garage
G8only.com
nda9090 likes this.

2009 SRM PONTIAC G8 GT
VCM OTR Cold Air Intake
Kooks Long Tube Headers / HF Cats
Solo Mach Shorty Catback
Continental Extreme Contact DWS6 Tires
Shadow Chrome Camaro SS Wheels
91 Octane Tune @ JLS Tuning Performance
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 02:29 PM

Belo, MGMGXP and Eloquent like this.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

I ordered my Kook's headers and cat's on Friday. I'm hoping they will be in this week. Any suggestions or tips on the install would be appreciated. I'll be installing them at a Cadillac dealershipwith a friend who works there. I plan on installing new plugs too.

Paul
Parker, cO
2008 G8 GT
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-21-2018, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Started installing the headers around 8:15AM this morning. The car was back on the road at 12:30PM'ish. I didn't noticed the sound of the car being any better than before. Mostly because I already had a Borla cat back system that gives the car it's sound. I didn't notice a performance difference either because it was snowing in Denver and I couldn't hit the throttle as hard as I wanted. I drove the card 22 miles with no check engine light yet. I'm probably gonna get it tuned next week. I'm curious when the check engine light will come on due to the O2 sensors. No shortcuts taken when installing the kit.

Paul
Parker, cO
2008 G8 GT
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 07:52 AM
G8BRU

When I installed my kooks headers with high flow cats, engine lights came on for the cats being bad, my tuner obviously had the o2 sensors disabled now, the downstream sensors. Tune will also really wake your car up, I have the same exhaust setup as you.

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 01:24 PM

I installed the Kooks long headers and had J&S Performance in Arvada, CO tune the car. There's a noticeable difference in power in the low end. Would a new intake manifold? Perhaps a 92mm throttle body give noticeable power? Or am I at the max unless I do something like a cam?
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 02:02 PM
Site Sponsor

Little bit older thread brought back to life! We can get Kooks systems for anyone interested let us know and we can get you pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Jarrett View Post
I installed the Kooks long headers and had J&S Performance in Arvada, CO tune the car. There's a noticeable difference in power in the low end. Would a new intake manifold? Perhaps a 92mm throttle body give noticeable power? Or am I at the max unless I do something like a cam?
To answer your question. There are no real tricks or free hp mods with these. Cai, stat and headers are your bolt on setup. OE throttle is already 90mm, save your money for doing a DOD setup with a camshaft upgrade!

Livernois Motorsports

CNC Cylinder Heads, Rotating Assemblies, Short Blocks, Performance Parts, Dyno Services, Fabrication and Machine Shop Services

Click here to take a video tour of the shop
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 02:20 PM

What is DOD? I suppose you have to pull the radiator to do a CAM? I suspect you leave the heads on.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 10:12 PM
F1rehawk

Garage
A DOD is a Displacement on demand delete. Our lifters tend to get stuck on higher mileage, causing other issues in the engine. It's basically a complete delete of that system and replacement of lifters.

I actually observed a bit of low end torque loss with the Kooks headers, but an amazing gain at high RPM. Like a freight train basically.

2009 SRM PONTIAC G8 GT
VCM OTR Cold Air Intake
Kooks Long Tube Headers / HF Cats
Solo Mach Shorty Catback
Continental Extreme Contact DWS6 Tires
Shadow Chrome Camaro SS Wheels
91 Octane Tune @ JLS Tuning Performance
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 11:57 AM
Site Sponsor

Garage
A camshaft is a big step but a great mod. Like mentioned above it's a great time to ditch the displacement on demand. A ported throttle body is a nice way to pick up some nice horsepower without getting into a retune situation. We have them in stock. As for the Kooks long tubes if anyone is looking for the best deals on them we are a new sponsor here with great deals.

We are your one stop shop for Holden Performance. We have the best deals on all the hottest parts such as Corsa, ARH, Kooks, SW, Roto-Fab Solo Performance and much more with installation and tuning available. When you're ready to order pm/call us for your G8Board discount. Our pricing and service is second to none.
224-63-JUICE (224-635-8423) OR [email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page