New A/C compressor options - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

New A/C compressor options

As some of you may know, the A/C compressor on the V8 G8s is a weird one. It is variable output, PWM controlled, and does not have a traditional clutch. What does that mean? Big $$$$ when you need to replace it. However, as I sit in my G8 with plenty of time on my hands waiting for a tow truck (looking at you, starter) 8 noticed that there are some lower cost options on Rock Auto for $285 and $350. New Delco comes in at $426 and I think might be had a hair cheaper on Amazon.

Just an FYI. If this is old news disregard.

2009 G8 GT - RotoFab, cam, Kooks mids, GXP mid, GT axle-backs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 06:29 PM

Don't recall ever seeing air conditioner compressors for the G8 GT as inexpensive as $285 on Rock Auto, but nice to know there are presumably viable options to the AcDelco units. By the way, always search for a 5% off discount code prior to completing purchases on the website as a penny saved is always a penny earned.

#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE

"Rather not run the risk of offending anyone, so let me just go ahead and offend someone". -PONY MAN

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 06:41 PM

Garage
I guess I should've searched for coupons... I forgot...

I noticed that the price of the condenser has also doubled since the last time I had to buy one to replace it due to the power steering failure.

'09 PSM G8 GT - OPG Intake, DOD-Delete w/ Stage 1C 218/229 .600 Lift 117.5LSA, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids, Solo Axle-Back w/ X-Pipe, SuperPro Bushings (Front and Rear). BMR Sway Bars (Red)
Power: 400HP/392TQ

"If you want to criticize someone else's work, be sure that your own is in order first."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 07:35 AM

Keep in mind that the A/C DELCO compressor comes with a 2 year/unlimited mile warranty,this would be my choice.

Year:2008
color:ignition orange;interior black leather
option:comfort and sound;premium package
new:august 2008 original owner
mods:20%window tint,6k led headlights and led fog lights,X-pipe,k&n air filter,hawk hps front and rear brake pads with r1-concepts premium series brake rotors
slotted and crossed drilled:general g-max as-03 tires;dvd in both headrest from myron & davis;auto dimming mirror.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 09:38 AM

Garage
Plus, it's probably a once every 10 year expense.... $3.58 per month prorated...

'09 PSM G8 GT - OPG Intake, DOD-Delete w/ Stage 1C 218/229 .600 Lift 117.5LSA, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids, Solo Axle-Back w/ X-Pipe, SuperPro Bushings (Front and Rear). BMR Sway Bars (Red)
Power: 400HP/392TQ

"If you want to criticize someone else's work, be sure that your own is in order first."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 09:59 AM

I got an AC Delco. The Warranty is dicey, read the small print, is wrote in such a way that they can decline the exchange if they want to be a dick about it.

I replaced mine and is not a hard thing to do. Bought the AC Delco that is a japanese Denso product. What was odd, Rock Auto did not asked for the core, so it was full price for me.

US Army Retired 1986~2008

Fortune Favors The Bold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page