How much is my G8 worth? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 03:11 AM Thread Starter

How much is my G8 worth?

I have a 2009 PBM GT with 48.8k original miles. The car has everything besides sunroof. Premium and sport packages. It is bone stock besides HIDS and axleback exhaust. Some rock chips on front of car and small paint chip on front left quarter panel size of a tac. Exterior is 7/10 and interior is 9/10. Looking for suggestions for selling price. Appreciate any advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 04:00 AM

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 05:56 AM

At $16500 it would sell within a day. 😎 I havenít really been keeping an eye on the market but would guess mid $20s. Hemmings keeps tracks of sales and you can also gauge by what is out there now in terms of what people are asking, but naturally you will have your outliers asking a tin and a bunch of modified ones too. I recently sold my fairly low mile (42k) 96 Impala SS for the low end of what I saw others asking. I started higher but wasnít willing to wait months for the right buyer.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 06:46 AM

Not mid 20's. But maybe $18-19k. The fact that you judge the exterior to be a 7/10 could cause slight drop in value. Fix the paint chips and detail it well. Last year I paid $19.5 for mine with 45k miles, single owner, and showroom clean. Looked and smelled like new. I paid higher than most people but I don't care. I haven't seen a listing as clean with the same mileage for a better price since. Ask a little higher than what you want because everyone wants to beat up the price to feel like they got a better deal.

2009 G8 GT, White Hot, Cortex, Camaro Trans Pan, VCM Intake, GXP Mufflers
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 06:57 AM

for a quick sale it would be 18 k
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 09:39 AM

I've had mine listed for a month on several forums, Craigslist and Autotrader. Started at $19.5k OBO and now at $18.5k OBO. Not too much activity.
No serious offers. No one has asked to look at it.
Had a $10k offer.
Had someone that wanted me to finance it.
This is the dumbest so far: Had someone ask me if I was the original owner even though the ad states I am. I answered him with a yes. Then he replied back that he was looking for a GXP with leather interior. The listing is for a GT. Can't people read? Wouldn't it be nice to get a GXP for $18.5!
Maybe if you are patient the right buyer will come along to give you top dollar.
Back in June CarMax offered me $15k and the Chevy dealer next door offered me $15.5k. I decided to detail it and list it myself.
I was told by another Chevy dealer that he wasn't interested because he can't get anyone to finance a Pontiac for his buyers. I don't know if that's true.
Some people recommend that you take it to CarMax and get their quote and add a few grand.
I called the Chevy dealer back tis week and he said he could only give me $14k at this time.
I'd like to sell mine but I'm not getting too much interest.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagecalman View Post
I've had mine listed for a month on several forums, Craigslist and Autotrader. Started at $19.5k OBO and now at $18.5k OBO. Not too much activity.
No serious offers. No one has asked to look at it.
Had a $10k offer.
Had someone that wanted me to finance it.
This is the dumbest so far: Had someone ask me if I was the original owner even though the ad states I am. I answered him with a yes. Then he replied back that he was looking for a GXP with leather interior. The listing is for a GT. Can't people read? Wouldn't it be nice to get a GXP for $18.5!
Maybe if you are patient the right buyer will come along to give you top dollar.
Back in June CarMax offered me $15k and the Chevy dealer next door offered me $15.5k. I decided to detail it and list it myself.
I was told by another Chevy dealer that he wasn't interested because he can't get anyone to finance a Pontiac for his buyers. I don't know if that's true.
Some people recommend that you take it to CarMax and get their quote and add a few grand.
I called the Chevy dealer back tis week and he said he could only give me $14k at this time.
I'd like to sell mine but I'm not getting too much interest.

Seems like it's tough to be a seller, and tough to be a buyer. These cars take the right buyer to come along. Last year as a buyer, I had to jump quickly. All the good clean cars had multiple interests and a few got sold just a day or so before I could look at them. Seems like the tides have turned now and sales are slower. Who knows.

2009 G8 GT, White Hot, Cortex, Camaro Trans Pan, VCM Intake, GXP Mufflers
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 11:22 AM

list at 20. hold out if you can. expect 16-18

2009.5 G8GT Premium OnyxRed Interior
corsa catback, vararam intake, cortex tune
custom audio, sharksfin, HIDs, LED Fogs, 20" MRR GT1's, Kayhan headunit
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belo View Post
list at 20. hold out if you can. expect 16-18
I think this is the route I am going to go!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 10:02 PM

People dont bother reading the ad you post. I learned that quick

PBM GT W/SPORT PACK
GO:
Pat G tune
CIA: ORSSOM
EXHAUST: BADLANDZ CUT OUTS W/ X PIPE AND RESONATOR DELETE
KOOKS 1 7/8 mids and HFC's (coated)

SHOW:
PONTIAC EMBLEMS REMOVED. HOLDEN TRUNK LOGO ADDED.
TINT
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 07:06 AM

I would look into getting it fixed. You could get 19 to 20k easily one would think. Maybe 16k to 18k the way it sits but its hard to say with out seeing pictures of the flaws. Your 7/10 might be 9/10 to someone else.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 09:48 AM

If its had no winter driving (Salt) and its in clean condition, stored in a garage its entire life and hasn't been hammerd I would say 18k.
I'm using my purchase as a comp.

09 G8GT, LR,
70 Nova SS L78

"Knowledge Is Good"
Emil Fabor
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard302 View Post
Seems like it's tough to be a seller, and tough to be a buyer. These cars take the right buyer to come along. Last year as a buyer, I had to jump quickly. All the good clean cars had multiple interests and a few got sold just a day or so before I could look at them. Seems like the tides have turned now and sales are slower. Who knows.
This. When I was shopping for mine last year, my search, which started in late May ended up going through the summer to the end of September due to A: me wanting one of the V8 trims, and B: 3 straight times where I had cars sold out of under me before I had a chance to look at them including a MSM GXP going for $17k with over 100k mi. Car literally was sold the day before I was going to see the car. In the end, it turned out well. I love my SRM 09 GT.

2009 SRM G8 GT w/ Premium Package

Current Mods:

Solo Axle Back Exhaust w 3.5Ē Tips + GXP Rear Diffuser

Planned Mods:

Replace all incandescent lighting with LED bulbs | Roto Fab CAI | Spyder Black Projector Headlights w/ LED DRL Bar | Holden iQ radio conversion | HSV Steering Wheel | Pypes LT Tri Y Headers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page