Buy or no buy? 2009 Pontiac g8 GT - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Buy or no buy? 2009 Pontiac g8 GT

Yea so I found a “excellent condition” Pontiac g8 GT for sale for $8500 on Craigslist. The car looks amazing from the pictures and I have yet to go see it but the only problem I see now is the mileage. The car has 145k miles, would that be too much for the price? I just want to get enough bang for my buck. I wanted to even see how many miles are even left in the life of this car. I was considering buying it and when it dies it dies then I would swap it for another Ls2 with lower miles? I don’t know if that would be pricey or just find another GT to look at?
Anything helps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 10:17 PM

A stock good condition gt in lower mileage will probably be in the high teens. Like 16 to 18k. Even lower and possibly in the $20s. So 8500 for this "excellent condition " car isnt bad. However accidents and other factors will play a role, like mods or all stock. I'd definitely look at it in person. Pictures only do so much justice and to drive it. See if there's issues.

Good luck with your search!

PBM GT W/SPORT PACK
GO:
Pat G tune
CIA: ORSSOM
EXHAUST: BADLANDZ CUT OUTS W/ X PIPE AND RESONATOR DELETE
KOOKS 1 7/8 mids and HFC's (coated)

SHOW:
PONTIAC EMBLEMS REMOVED. HOLDEN TRUNK LOGO ADDED.
TINT
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 08:27 PM

Lifespan depends on owner maintenance. The tires on the car are a good indicator for how much previous owner spent on maintenance. Michelin, Bridgestone, or other name-brand tires generally mean owner was willing to spend money on maintenance. No name tires means owner took cheap route to maintenance.

LS V8 engines are generally much more reliable than the V8 engines in a BMW or Mercedes car, with plenty of parts availability with other GM cars and trucks.

Depending on what you're looking for, an engine problem is just an opportunity to rebuild with a more powerful engine.

Engine mods like cams, stroker, etc will generally reduce reliability though.

2009 GXP WH M6 Roof Onyx/Red
Roto Fab intake, ARH longtube headers, magnaflow exhaust, Pat G tune

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 07:30 PM

i would definitely look over the vehicle for that many miles.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 06:31 PM
Chronically Undefined

Having just gone through the process of shopping for (and eventually buying) a GT, that seems like a crazy low price. Gotta be some major issues with the car if it's that cheap. I mean, it's worth looking at - but don't be surprised if it's been beaten to death.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page