2009 G8 GT. What's it worth? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 58
2009 G8 GT. What's it worth?

I went to look at a G8 GT today. It's a 2009 with the sport/premium package. 2 owner car. Mileage is 45k. It's procharged. Full American racing stainless exhaust from headers to tail pipes. Also has aftermarket wheels that are pretty nice. It has coil overs, I don't remember the brand. BMR sways and endlinks. RPM built transmission. Just over 500rwhp.

Interior is absolutely mint. Exterior is also very good. There's a ding in the rear passenger door but easily fixed with PDR.

Drives well. It's really fast. Transmission shifts a little more firm than what I prefer but I'm told it was done with the tune.

The bad: It has an accident on the carfax. Owner says the person he bought it from had a minor fender bender which involved the front bumper cover being replaced. I checked the carfax and it says front left and right damage so I'm guessing he rear ended someone. Air bags did not deploy. I could not find any chassis damage.

During the test drive a passenger airbag fault kept popping up. I researched the problem and it looks like $400 for the module plus whatever diagnostic fees a dealer will charge to program it.

Also hasn't had anything done with regard to the DOD. Not really too worried right now with the low miles but it's something I will probably address in the future.

Asking price is $22,000.

I don't want to beat the guy up but the accident does affect the value regardless of how bad it was. However I am saving money by buying the car with the supercharger already installed. That is something I would be interested in doing no matter what.

These cars seem hard to come by. I'm not sure if I'm willing to fly halfway across the country and drive one home like I've done in the past. This car is local to me. I've seen and driven it. It has been very well taken care of and everything works.

Carfax values the car around $16,000 private sale. But doesn't take mods in to account. I know mods don't add value though. I'm thinking maybe $19k? I don't want to low ball because he'll just keep the car lol But I don't think it's worth $22k either.

Discuss.
Sigg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Member
 
sikboy567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigg View Post
I went to look at a G8 GT today. It's a 2009 with the sport/premium package. 2 owner car. Mileage is 45k. It's procharged. Full American racing stainless exhaust from headers to tail pipes. Also has aftermarket wheels that are pretty nice. It has coil overs, I don't remember the brand. BMR sways and endlinks. RPM built transmission. Just over 500rwhp.

Interior is absolutely mint. Exterior is also very good. There's a ding in the rear passenger door but easily fixed with PDR.

Drives well. It's really fast. Transmission shifts a little more firm than what I prefer but I'm told it was done with the tune.

The bad: It has an accident on the carfax. Owner says the person he bought it from had a minor fender bender which involved the front bumper cover being replaced. I checked the carfax and it says front left and right damage so I'm guessing he rear ended someone. Air bags did not deploy. I could not find any chassis damage.

During the test drive a passenger airbag fault kept popping up. I researched the problem and it looks like $400 for the module plus whatever diagnostic fees a dealer will charge to program it.

Also hasn't had anything done with regard to the DOD. Not really too worried right now with the low miles but it's something I will probably address in the future.

Asking price is $22,000.

I don't want to beat the guy up but the accident does affect the value regardless of how bad it was. However I am saving money by buying the car with the supercharger already installed. That is something I would be interested in doing no matter what.

These cars seem hard to come by. I'm not sure if I'm willing to fly halfway across the country and drive one home like I've done in the past. This car is local to me. I've seen and driven it. It has been very well taken care of and everything works.

Carfax values the car around $16,000 private sale. But doesn't take mods in to account. I know mods don't add value though. I'm thinking maybe $19k? I don't want to low ball because he'll just keep the car lol But I don't think it's worth $22k either.

Discuss.
If your not worry about gas mileage I would jump on it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
sikboy567 is offline  
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikboy567 View Post
If your not worry about gas mileage I would jump on it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I don't give a **** about gas mileage.

I'm more looking for input on what a fair price would be.
Sigg is offline  
 
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 05:47 PM
Senior Member
 
BlueG8GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 891
What color is the car? Who did the work?

2009.5 SBM GT: Lots of show with some go.
The garage queen.

2008 IOM GT: Some go, working on the show.
The daily driver.

2004 Blazer Xtreme: Lots of go.
Sold and will be missed.
BlueG8GT is offline  
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG8GT View Post
What color is the car? Who did the work?
It's red. Owner did the work.
Sigg is offline  
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 06:03 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Beltsville, Md
Posts: 40
thats low mileage. sounds like a good car
Silkk is offline  
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 06:10 PM
Member
 
sikboy567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigg View Post
It's red. Owner did the work.
It's hard to price a modified car it all pans out to what someone will pay or what it's worth to you with modified you will always have to put cash in it some time or another

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
sikboy567 is offline  
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 06:20 PM
Senior Member
 
BlueG8GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 891
It's a fair price considering the mileage and mods. I'm always leary of a car with work done, because you never know if it'll meet your standards.

2009.5 SBM GT: Lots of show with some go.
The garage queen.

2008 IOM GT: Some go, working on the show.
The daily driver.

2004 Blazer Xtreme: Lots of go.
Sold and will be missed.
BlueG8GT is offline  
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG8GT View Post
It's a fair price considering the mileage and mods. I'm always leary of a car with work done, because you never know if it'll meet your standards.
Yeah. I hear that. But the guy seems competent. Not like the internals of the motor have been messed with anyway. But I know modified cars are a risk.

Are you guys saying $22k is a fair price or offering $19k is fair?

I'm figuring with the airbag thing and whatever odds and ends I'd set aside a grand to get it where I need it to be.
Sigg is offline  
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 58
Idk I offered 20k and he's not willing to negotiate at all.

Don't want to walk away but it seems to me he's not serious about selling.


EDIT: I should add that this person initially messaged me about a car I was selling on car gurus for $18k looking for a straight up trade. He backed out on that deal and now that I sold the car and have cash to offer he wants $4k more. So maybe it's best to walk away since it seems like games are being played.
Sigg is offline  
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 09:35 PM
Senior Member
 
MGMGXP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,344
Sit tight at $20k, he'll circle back sooner or later.
jaCARR likes this.
MGMGXP is offline  
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMGXP View Post
Sit tight at $20k, he'll circle back sooner or later.
I hope so. I feel like he's just being hard nosed with hopes that I'll just cave in. And I want to. But... The reality of the situation is the car just isn't worth that much. The next person I try to sell it to is gonna give me a hard time about the accident too. I just went through it with a car I sold that had an accident show up on the carfax AFTER I bought it.

I think $20k is a fair offer all things considered. He says he has a lot in the car but he said the procharger was part of a sponsorship deal so....

Plus he originally wanted to trade, then he said his wife told him no cause she's 8 months pregnant and selling is financially responsible. Now he doesn't need to sell it at all.

I guess either way the right car will come along. Need to be smart about this.
jaCARR likes this.
Sigg is offline  
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 10:11 PM
Senior Member
 
BlueG8GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 891
If they really wanna sell the car they'll meet you around $20k.

2009.5 SBM GT: Lots of show with some go.
The garage queen.

2008 IOM GT: Some go, working on the show.
The daily driver.

2004 Blazer Xtreme: Lots of go.
Sold and will be missed.
BlueG8GT is offline  
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG8GT View Post
If they really wanna sell the car they'll meet you around $20k.
That's what I'm saying. I don't think he really wants to sell it at all. Looking back over everything. He couldn't make the trade cause he had to ask his wife first and she said no. But now he can keep the car and turn down a 20k offer without her permission. Makes no sense.
Sigg is offline  
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 08:58 AM
Senior Member
 
BAS G8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,899
Not that I'm any kind of expert or anything but even $20K seems to be top of the heap for that car.
Coupla grand more and grab a GXP, no DOD worries and you can always toss a blower on it later if that's what you want. And know its done right as mentioned earlier.
Miles is miles some low mileage cars have been treated far worse than any high mileage car.
Good hunting
BAS G8 is offline  
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 06:24 PM
Senior Member
 
L78steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Hendersonville NC
Posts: 128
My opinion its worth 19k. That's if it needs nothing.
HansM702 likes this.

09 G8GT, LR,
70 Nova SS L78

"Knowledge Is Good"
Emil Fabor
L78steve is offline  
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by L78steve View Post
My opinion its worth 19k. That's if it needs nothing.
But it does need things. Airbag module and pdr.
Sigg is offline  
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 06:44 PM
F1rehawk
 
GTRenegade911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Brockville, Ontario
Posts: 599
Garage
I think 22K is a fair price considering the mileage! The owner is probably still attached to the car and obviously did a lot of work on it. If you really want it I say go for it. The accident seems minor as the airbags did not deploy. If you know hear any weird noises and if the car drives straight then go for it. Look at the alignment of fenders and bumper as well.

2009 SRM PONTIAC G8 GT
VCM OTR Cold Air Intake
Kooks Long Tube Headers / HF Cats
Solo Mach Shorty Catback
Continental Extreme Contact DWS6 Tires
Shadow Chrome Camaro SS Wheels
91 Octane Tune @ JLS Tuning Performance
GTRenegade911 is offline  
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 10:05 PM
Sarcasm Personified
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 3,899
Accident, some things need to be fixed, $22k too much.

I'd offer $18k and maybe settle at $19k.

2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 4x4
Zodiac is offline  
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 10:16 PM
Low society member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 91
I would rather try an find a gxp for 22k but like other users said chances are if you offered 20k he might come around or you might have to wait a couple months because chances are it wont get sold fast enough because most people dont know what the car is lol. Thats just my feeling though. Also always thinks if youre willing to spend 19k just think you can find a cheaper stock gt or w.e and spend the remaining money you would have spent now building a car to exactly what you want and the way you want. That way you know how it all works in and out.
Gettag8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome