Wet floor behind driver's seat... - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
San Francisco Bay Area

Wet floor behind driver's seat...

This winter here in Northern California has been rain, rain and more rain. Good for the drought condition we've had for last 10 years, but not so great for our Australian built cars! Mine has developed an issue which I can't find the cause or solution to. The carpet behind the driver's seat gets totally saturated with water from somewhere... I have pulled the back seat up to allow me to lift up the carpet and pad. The pan underneath has been spooged with that caulk they use in the factory... the seams have a thick coating on them, as well as a lot more just spread around the pan. I put a light under the car and looked from the inside, but saw no light. I've checked above too... the headliner is perfect... perfectly dry and no water evidence at all. The door gaskets are in perfect shape, both top and bottom on all doors. The window seals are in perfect condition too. I've had a bud sit inside the car while I sprayed a hose at all angles at both doors and windows, as well as the rear window... we found nothing. The carpet and pad that wraps up from the floor pan to the door threshold is high and dry, even when there's like a half gallon of water in the bottom of the pan\pad. I've used a shop-vac 4 or 5 times to suck like half a gallon of water each time...
I'm hoping someone else on here has found the cause\source of the water intrusion into the rear floor area of their car. The only explanation I can think is that it's coming up from below somehow while driving. The passenger side and front seat floor area are totally dry, as well as the trunk area.
Please PLEASE someone tell me where this water is coming in from!
Thank you in advance, and sorry for the long rant....

NTrails

'08 G8 GT
PBM, Onyx/Red lthr
VOLANT CAI, Tinted Glass
DoD deleted using Texas Speed
"New" LS3 cam (225/235 114)
TSP .660" Dual Springs
Titanium Retainers, PRC Seat/Seals
NEEDED - Headers, Axle-back & Stall
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 07:48 AM

Probably a long shot, but have you inspected the trunk area? Possibly the trunk seal has failed? Maybe? Sounds like a lot of water, so must be a very large leak. Let us know what you eventually find. I have 2 of the G8s - 2008 and 2009 - never experienced any leaks.

grandpop09
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 10:19 AM

A lot of wet floors in G8s originated with the clear plastic liner inside the door loosing the seal with the frame.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
A lot of wet floors in G8s originated with the clear plastic liner inside the door loosing the seal with the frame.
yeah if you've ever done speakers you've probably been back in to fix corroded wires. These doors are horrible and moisture gets in there easily and doesn't leave.

2009.5 G8GT Premium OnyxRed Interior
corsa catback, vararam intake, cortex tune
custom audio, sharksfin, HIDs, LED Fogs, 20" MRR GT1's, Kayhan headunit
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 10:58 AM

Do you have a sunroof? I think I've read here that sometimes a member had an issue with a plugged drain holes in the sunroof track area. Others are right though with the other possibility as well. Good luck finding the culprit

PBM GT W/SPORT PACK
GO:
Pat G tune
CIA: ORSSOM
EXHAUST: BADLANDZ CUT OUTS W/ X PIPE AND RESONATOR DELETE
KOOKS 1 7/8 mids and HFC's (coated)

SHOW:
PONTIAC EMBLEMS REMOVED. HOLDEN TRUNK LOGO ADDED.
TINT
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 03:10 PM

https://www.g8board.com/forums/4-tec...et-carpet.html.

#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE

"Rather not run the risk of offending anyone, so let me just go ahead and offend someone". -PONY MAN

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 05:25 PM

definitely sun roof tubes either clogged or not attached.was a problem with mine they some how became unattached
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page